Extremeview Magnun 3300 Reviews..

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 5393
This ExtremeView Magnum has the most powerful components then any other receiver on the market today. The ExtremeView Magnam is loaded with a powerful STm5105 at 200 Mhz with 32 MB of Ram. This receiver also comes with a Built in smart card reader and Video component output. Another very useful feature is the Front Panel 7 Buttons function, if you loose your remote you can still operate the unit ! The Designers of the Extremeview Magnum have put alot of thought into this unit.

MPEG-2 Digital & Fully DVB Compliant system.
32MB Ram, 4MB Flash Ram
Closed Caption
Supports full 7 day Guide with Info
Zoom function with Live & Still picture
SW update through RS-232C Serial Port (PC- Set & Set '" Set)
User friendly EPG
Information bar with detail channel Info.
Parental Lock / Channel lock
EBU subtitle and DVB Subtitle support.
Teletext supports through VBI & OSD
Timer & Sellp Function.
Channel List Sort by Alphabet, FTA & Lock
Various Channel Search Modes (Blind, Automatic, Manual & Network Search).
Installation Wizard Menu for the Initial setup
DiSEqC Cntrol 1.0, 1.2 & USALS supported
5 favorite Channel Groups (Max. 100 Channels in each Group).
Max 6000 Channels available (3000 cannels for TV & Radio each).
Channel List Mode with All, Favorite & Satellite

Gold Member

Post Number: 5394
We recently got the ExtremeView Magnum demo unit sent to us to check out. It is now available from EFTA.us for only $165.99.
After looking over the specifications, we were blown away. The brand new STm5105 processor is extremely powerful, more so then 99 percent of the units out there. It has a whopping 4 mb of flash ram, and an incredible 32 mb of SDram.
Nothing else we know of has these specifications in this price range!
The power of the processor will allow for anything we can see happening in the future. (Its not even running at full power right now, there is more pedal left on this race car!)
The flash is massive, larger than we can even think about needing.
The 32 mb of SDram allows this unit to scroll smoothly in the very large 7 day program guide.
This unit comes with 1 of a kind, no questions asked replacement warranty.
No more $40 to $60 charges for hardware repair when something goes wrong, no matter what caused the problem.
This unit also has a jtag connector on board

On the back of the Magnum, you will find composite, component and s-video connectors along with satellite input and loop. There is an AC-3 output that works without having to modify the channel lists.

When you plug it in for the 1st time, you will find very sharp graphics.
Among those is a super cool world map, which shows where your satellite is in relationship to your continent.
The antenna setup is very precise, allowing any combination of uses.
It supports all current dishes and switch types.
It has sat scan and blind scans, which is extremely good, this unit found more channels with blind scan than any unit we have scanned with before.
The support for this unit is outstanding, a very dedicated company, comprised of teams of people working at any hour to make this unit better and better.
All in all we see the distinct possibility this will likely be the new premiere unit to have.
It would make a fine addition to anyone's home.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5395
Another review.. copy/pasted

First of all, I would like anybody here to go through every post I have ever written here, or at my old stomping grounds at al7bar TK, and you will see that I have never gone overboard on any one receiver. I have had units that I liked, Coolsats, Viewsats, Captiveworks (the 600s Premium, not the previous units), as well as a few others. I have always pointed out the good, the bad, and the ugly, trying to be as objective as possible. Well, that was before today! Today I fell in love!

Today I spent about 4 hours playing with my newest toy, the Extremeview Magnum XV3300. A few weeks before Charlie decided to go full tilt blitz on us, I helped a friend set up his Magnum, and was so impressed that I ordered up a unit. Yes, ordered! Not called up and asked for a freebie! At the time, the only dealer that had them in stock was ExtremeView Direct out of Canada. The box arrived in 4 days (surprised the hell out of me getting through customs that fast!) Too bad for me, I did not even take it out of the box before the games began! Even after they released a carded fix, I put off pulling it out. Silly me! (members take note! AT NO TIME DID YOU HEAR ME SCREAMING AND YELLING "I SHOULD THROW THIS THING AWAY! I GOT RIPPED OFF! WHERE IS MY FIX!")

Today the time had come to unwrap my new toy and play! First though, a little background:
This unit is the FIRST Free to Air Receiver with a THREE SOLUTION option, That is right! THREE SOLUTIONS! CARDLESS, ROM 102 & ROM 103 SOLUTION. With the new relationship with "TEAM RELIABLE" working with the MAGNUM TEAM, they should be at the top of the game having the support that all FTA owners are looking for. To top all this I am truly amazed with their NO QUESTIONS ASKED - FULL REPLACEMENT WARRANTY. SEND UNIT BACK AND RECEIVE A REPLACEMENT UNIT AT NO EXTRA COST! If it is broken then send it back. You will have another in the mail immediately. Having dealt with, shall we say, less than satisfactory service from some of the biggest names in the business, this is something that I feel stands out and needs to be adopted by ALL of the manufacturers! Does Pansat have that? NO! Does Captiveworks have that? NO! Does Coo*lsat have that? HELL NO!

One surprise was the 7 function buttons located on the front of the unit. This has been one of the biggest complaints of other units for a long time. If you do happen to lose or break the remote, you have to find a dealer that even HAS a remote to sell you! Misplacing the remote? Not likely, as this one is the best I have seen. It is a full-functional, universal remote. It operates my TV and DVD recorder, as well as my home theater sound system.
To upgrade the unit with the latest bin was snap. One complaint was the amount of time it takes to download the bin. After reviewing the bin I see that these bins are much larger than the other bins out there. The bottle neck is not with the unit itself, but the throughput of the com port. I would ask that in future models they include both a com port and USB port or maybe even an Ethernet connection? Can anybody say wireless bin loading? That would be sweet!

Next thing I did was hook up the Magnum to my Component video out and Dolby Digital. For the sat setup a world map is displayed that all the sats in the Clarke belt programmed into it. Choose your continent, then select the sat from the list. The sats are listed by both name and by location, ( Echostar_3_61.5W ) to help take out the guesswork! Only the sats you can actually get from your area are shown. Great feature! This is where one of the Magnum's first exclusive features shows up. You then select the sats you are pointed and then you can set up their parameters, or you can set it to auto, and let the receiver figure out your switch settings. Scanning took less than five minutes for each sat, and ALL channels were found. What else struck me as most unusual was that the channels were showing up, during the scan, by SID and call letters!! -- not by the typical, of most other STB's show, by scan order. On this STB, you knew EXACTLY what channel you were getting as soon as they were scanned in! Very Nice!

THE BIG PICTURE!

After the scan was completed and updated I had to wait approximately one minute for the keys to roll. The picture is razor sharp, with very natural looking color and contrast. I would say one of the best pictures I have ever seen that was not HDTV! It is much cleaner than other boxes with none of the color problems such as skin tones and white balance. The default video settings looked great to me, and the brightness, contrast, hue, and saturation is user adjustable. I give it the best Picture on the market award. The SPDIF 5:1 audio sounds great. This was something I was really disappointed with others.

EPG

The EPG began to populate immediately with information on all channels and about 36 hrs, I left the receiver on for a few hours and all channels populated about 3 days. EPG display time is adjustable up to 7 days. I've got seven days by pushing the "find" key on the remote and waiting about 15 to 30 minutes. The extra horsepower and memory of this box really show up in the EPG. Sort of like the old DTV guide. Something you might have noticed with some of the other receivers recent fixes is the shrinking of the EPG. They are stealing memory from that area to keep the box going. Not a problem with this box! Plenty of memory to spare!

Overall I believe this to be a great receiver! You can search through every post I have ever made, and you will see that I do not go crazy for every receiver out there! This one is special! IF (and that is the question with ANY box) the software support is near the top, as I have been told by a lot of people in the industry.

If you are looking for a kick azz receiver please consider using our fine sponsors!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5396
This is a c/p from one of the most well known coders in the world..

The ExtremView Magnum is now faster and as stable if not more stable than ANY other unit I have tested.
I have 14 other FTA boxes I test!
Team Reliable has outdone themselves on this bin.
I guess this is why TDG has been bashing Magnum so much, THEY ARE REALLY WORRIED!

The latest news is even more fun..
Not only has TDG been told to bash it, Viewsat corporate is apparently telling dealers, that if they carry Magnums, they will lose their dealer agreement.
I think Viewsat is scared shitless of the Magnum.
I say screw that Viewsat dealer agreement, ExtremeView will be happy to sign you as a dealer with them.
The units are cheaper, and they don't tell you what you can and can't sell..

Bronze Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 32
Wow I'm impressed
The price is great too

-Anyone know what program/file I need to get DN/BEV/T5 91/97/110/119 for ANY VIEWSAT
Someone told me about a different file that doesn't work.

Bronze Member
Username: Kriskros

Post Number: 74
is it HD capable/compatible? it all sounds great, but we are in HDTV transition right now. I would love to spend $$ on new receiver with HD capability!!! Please someone make it happen already! DVR??? even better! HD DVR receiver by VS would be nice....

Bronze Member
Username: Themangod

Post Number: 73
hahah

the real reason is the owner, the owner of viewsat was busted for cable descramblers in LA years ago and skipped town never took care of it and the money he owed people such as a company in Canada he owed them close to 15,500 viewsat paid off the extremeview only because they wanted him as a dealer he took payment and refused viewsat dealer for Canada.

dssguy was told to bash it just like all other boxes cool$at ect,,, this is not news or new.

let me clear up viewsats stand on it, they will NOT remove you as their dealer however they wont promote you as there dealer. Which means removing you off dealer list on there website and not helping you promote there business.
fair not fair little of both.

what they really do not like is some dealers i wont name names, but one dealer more sell promoted viewsat along with extremeview, he used viewsat to get the traffic but only sold them extremeview. you go to the company store and read how much better extremeview is and why you should buy it lalal.

like i said fair or unfair its both.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5414
bump

Username: Sweet_heat_1

Post Number: 1
ill stick with my pansat

Bronze Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 33
THANK YOU LK for the effort you put into your script!!

Bronze Member
Username: Jamalrahim

Post Number: 23
u definitely are swaying my next STB purchase towards the extremeview, i was in the market for a viewsat for solely the reason of its camps support, however what comments due u have towards extremeview support as viewsat was first out of the gates wiyh the last ecm. big dillema please advise LK

Bronze Member
Username: Senators

Post Number: 35
well i will be wating untill the next ECM change to find out who come out with a fix first lol

Bronze Member
Username: Ameen

Post Number: 29
hi guys, I have viewsat xtreme reciever, with 2 dishs, 61.5 is working well but today 110 is not woking at all, no signal.are you facing the same problem and what do you think the problem?
thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 5436
bump

Gold Member

Post Number: 5480
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Crippledwarcook

Post Number: 79
extreme view fcuking sucks...support sucks..these idiots that are supporting this machine couldn't fake an orgassm...audio and video glitchs still haunt this machine and the guide sucks...STFU you retards and get a viewsat..ROTF

Gold Member

Post Number: 5486
hey kneegrows..U're back...anybody want to email C W Cook here?...just send it to..

knee.kneegrows@gmail.com (remove the s in kneegrows)

he likes tons of emails!

Bronze Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 39
Is capable running 102,103,whith plastic now or for future use?If u want to run just software emu, can u just plug ur rom in to upgrade to run it or u have to change bin?And anybody here have one and tested it thats not connected to a website or sponsors or biased?Because It "looks to good to be true,........"

Gold Member

Post Number: 5571
I am NOT biased or connected to the sponsors, so what if I admin at a few sites for FREE (no pay)..and all these sites are saying the same thing about this Extremeview Magnum....then there must be something to it..U have NOT heard 1 owner complain about it!

Bronze Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 41
Ok , found a place close here in TO. that sells them.Want to upgrade and have second fta ird,but still haven't asnswered my ques. are they rom 102,3 capable with plastic now or is that for future use?Also if u use plastic do need different bin than emu,alone?I really like the Idea of carded,plus emu capability but not co*lsat fan.

Bronze Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 48
Bump

Silver Member
Username: Ustaad_hc

Post Number: 132
anybody know from where i can download xdown.zip
thanks!}}}}

Gold Member

Post Number: 5601
WTF...huh?...yeah I think we all know what that file is!...a common FTA file, yeah right!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5621
here's the new magnum loader released today...it doesn't get any simpler than this!

[link removed]

Loader V 1.0.0.14

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Ustaad_hc

Post Number: 134
Now u know what i'm asking? its long search eh!
any way thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Themangod

Post Number: 99
the extremeview is a great box don't listen to haters that do not even own the box!

the box is great for a lot of reasons the sonicview and cool$at are great.

its a great buy.

http://www.ftastoresguide.com/

Gold Member

Post Number: 5671
Earlier kate aka kneegrows,Crippled War Cook (CWC).. was bashing the Magnum....IGNORE them/him/her/whatever,,,schizo..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5707
bump

Bronze Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 69
Yes she did. But I think it's more intended to bash whatever you say LK.She really has a thing for you.lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5730
kate is an informer...I am the target...but all of U are too..

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 102
I have a Pansat 2500 clone and it does the job fine. Although the picture is far from great, when I hook it up through an S-vhs to my DVD recorder, the picture is perfectly fine.
Hey LK, so are you going to buy me an extremeveiw for Christmas? I've been a good boy and also well behaved on this board so far. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5738
I'm on a fixed income...I'm poor and hungry!....kids need shoes...bread line is long...will work for food...LMAO

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 103
Wow LK, I didn't know about your personal turmoil. Amazing that you're poor and hungry with your kids needing shoes and you having to wait in line for a loaf of bread, etc. All the meanwhile, you're posting on here every hour and having a blast! LOL!
You sure don't act poor and hungry from my viewpoint. Now......about that extremeview??? Will it be under my christmas tree when I wake up on christmas morning?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5739
"about that extremeview??? Will it be under my christmas tree when I wake up on christmas morning?"

Only if U go buy one...or Santa comes by the house..

and ONLY reason I'm here past 2 days, is that its 65 outside, and I'm freezing (blood thins out in FL)...and procrasting finishing up some yardwork and too cold for boat and beach, and didn't make a T time....so cooking up some of my famous homemade tortellini and chicken soup, and putzing around the house doing a little painting (bathrooms), and changing some wax rings, fixing the vacuum, and trying to get my old dog to drink a beer....LMAO

Bronze Member
Username: Jamalrahim

Post Number: 25
so wheres the autoroll fix for the EV Magnum?

Silver Member
Username: Pukka

Post Number: 111
bump

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 114
My question reguarding the carded operation of this ird wasn't answered. Is it capable now to run on plastic with/without bins being changed or is that option only for future use.I would like more info on the card option/features. Thanx

Gold Member

Post Number: 5784
During a major ECM, like the last 2 whe had this summer when ALL FTA cardless receivers were down, the coders were and still are able to code a card for FTA receivers with card capability, and they simply release these bins which U input into the cards using a "card reader"..since there is NO need to use cards NOW with FTA, there is NO need to release a "carded" FTA fix now..

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 116
Gotcha: but in the future, if there was another sceneario like last summer, I can use my rom102/103,but is it also capable of using wafers now or in the future ? I really like this option,like co*lsat but better hardware,but like any new receiver only time will tell if there here for the long haul,support wise.Thanx for the reply LK.

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 119
Bump/It didn't move up on list after my post...?

Bronze Member
Username: Kabob

Post Number: 19
I ain't buyin any more receivers till they put a USB port on em!!!
THE PS3500's SD is OK but a USB port for memory stick or USB direct connect would be even better!

I'd even think a USB would be cheaper to manufacture too...
Com(serial) communications was yesterdays technology. Newer Lattops dont even comm ports!

Put USB in these new recievers - and nobody's gettin any a my money till they do!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5802
Viewsat Ultra is USB compatable...where ya been?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5803
and so are 99% of the others when U use the correct cable and USB adapter with correct driver installed..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Been stickin my stick into stuff...

What box can i plug my stick into?

Bronze Member
Username: 1tina_chick

Post Number: 59
I Know for a fact ! HD FTA is just around the corner 2-07 or so I'll

wait it out..... Oh, Cool S*t has been a very reliable joy for about 2

years now and has paid for itself MANY Times over !

Silver Member
Username: Drphil

Post Number: 120
Viewsat Ultra! don't you see what LK said? I got one and it is awesome how quick you upload the BIN with the USB memory stick. Only 6 minutes to get it up working good!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Ooooo... Thanks,
VS Ultra does look good...

If not stealin a thread here...
Hows the VS Ultra Blind scan?
Gott check these Ultra's out more...
About the ONLY reason i've been puttin up with a 3500 has been the SD for updadte.
Just give me a reason and my PS is gone!

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
BUMP, probably is better idea to compare the two receivers here instead of asking for ultra`s features alone

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
ExtremeView Magnum seams priced right!
Hows its blind scan?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5808
READ the reviews in the first posts here in this thread...thats what this thread is suppose to be ALL about!...dah!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5809
READ the reviews in the first posts here in this thread...thats what this thread is suppose to be ALL about!...dah!

hey kabob...whats your name again?....LMAO

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 129
But veiwsat has no card slot.Remember this come next ecm.

Bronze Member
Username: Senators

Post Number: 39
ya we will know who get the first new ecm lol

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 133
Viewsat might not be so lucky as to have someone sell it to them first next time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5832
First of all the alleged purchase is only rumor...2nd, everything in any business is FOR SALE, for the right amout of money (obviously, others couln't afford to pay or wouldn't)...3rd , VS did eventually "share" their secrets (they intentionally did not mask their new bins to hide the roots of their fix)which allowed other companies and the entire world and people like U and me to see and watch tv now!....4th, if VS did buy help from plastic coders as rumored, then so what!...don't U pay a car mechanic when U can't fix your own car, or a plumber when U need help? ....

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
excuse guys but what does this have to do with magnum capabilities?

does its card slots help have a cardless fix in this box?

and yes business is business

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
I`VE SEEN THAT IN THE MAYORITY OF FORUMS DIFERENT BOXES (THE MAJOR ONES AT LEAST) HAVE THEIR OWN SUB FORUM, NOT THE MAGNUM, EXCEPT AT DSSCENTRAL.N*T PROBABLY.

WHY IS IT LK?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5840
The Extremeview DOES have its own "sub forums" own section at Dsscommunity/dsscentral!...in fact its very MUCH recommended and suggested at dsscommunity/dsscentral..in fact one of these reviews here is fronm there!

BTW...lose the CAPS...considered rude and YELLING!

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
i wasnt yelling, they were just on, they meant nothing

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
btw..i keep asking about the magnum cause this weekend im driving to san diego and im trying to decide between vs ultra and ev magnum, its a 30 dll diference but that really not the issue, ive read some problems with the ultra regarding sat changing and diseqc damaging more often with the ultra.

i appreciatte all your help

Gold Member

Post Number: 5847
Both good receivers...depend what things U like or need..to me the Extremeview cannot be beat..but U must choose ...

Bronze Member
Username: Dishall

Post Number: 14
where can we get support for EV magnum , any particular site,

Bronze Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 55
satguy.....extremeviewinc dot com....for support

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
for product support ZULU is correct, for flashing, dsscentral , totalfta

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
did bin 136 survived todays change of keys?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5888
co*olsat bin 136 has never made it through an autoroll

Gold Member

Post Number: 5891
The Extremeview Magnum is ONLY autoroll I know that autorolled..and did it PERFECTLY!...yes with its new 136 bin from yesterday..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5975
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Franktodd

Post Number: 26
what about bev?with 136.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help