Having A Stupid Moment, Please Help

Bronze Member
Username: Amary

Post Number: 28
Thanks in advance for anyones help. I think I am having a stupid moment. I am trying to get the 91w signal and I am having a hard time. I can get the signal but the quality stays a 0%. I have a viewsat extreme receiver. I have read through threads& have not yet found any help. I have 110,119 & 148 already
Is there a problem the the 91 because of these & I also just want to make sure its ok to put 110,119,148, & 91 on the same receiver at the same time. Once again thank you

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 5385
U must have a LNB on your dish for every satellite U want to receive...so U need 4 LNB's to get those 4 satellites...and each LNB must be aimed perfectly at their respective satellites..

the receiver is capable of getting most all satellites, IF U have the satelite LNBs installed and receiver settings correct along with any needed software..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
I have 4 lnb's and I have the needed software but can you help me with why I can get the signal but not the quality. Is there any settings I need to change within the reciever?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5386
If No quality then no signal...unless U don't have 91 set up in your receiver like other sats

Bronze Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 29
Actually with viewsat you can scan channels even if Q=0 as long as the signal S=70%
Also I don't know if you can get all four with 18" or 24". You really need 30" to get the right angle of reflection.

You can blind scan or F2 then scan channel or F1
Let me know if you need anymore help

Gold Member

Post Number: 5389
Compare Signal Strength and Quality
Zero Strength and Zero Quality:

If this is the symptom you are experiencing, then the receiver is currently not receiving the signal from the dish. Check all connections between your receiver and the dish. Make sure that they are all plugged in to the proper place and are tight.

One of the most common connection problems is to have the cable coming from the dish plugged in to the connection marked "In from Antenna," which is incorrect. The cable coming from the dish needs to be plugged in to the connection marked "In from Dish, Digital In, or LNB IN"

Also, the cables might have developed a short or might have gotten moisture in them, especially out at the dish. If this is a possibility, you may want to have an installer check the cables or take them to an installer yourself.

0-30 Strength and Zero Quality:
If you are experiencing these levels of strength and quality, you are getting only noise signals. Make sure that there are no obstacles between the dish and satellite.

40-60 Strength and Zero Quality:
With this level of strength and a lack of quality, it is very likely that the dish has moved since its initial installation or you are still off alignment. We recommend going through the Dish Installation pointing steps and finding the satellite signal again. This will likely take just a few minor adjustments of the dish since it should not have moved very much. Key causes for this problem include bolts not being tightened properly, heavy winds, or the dish being struck or bumped by something. Once the signal has been found again, make certain all bolts are tightened well.

We also recommend that once you have everything tightened down and have your signal back, make a mark from the cap mount to the pole with paint or some other permanent substance. This will give you a reference point, should any future problems occur. You can also make a mark on the side of the cap mount where your elevation markings are imprinted.

40-60 Strength and 30-70 Quality:
This level of strength and quality indicates that the dish needs to be fine-tuned to the satellite. You may have noticed that prior to getting the "Bad or No Signal" message your picture was occasionally blotchy and your audio may have been out of sync with the picture. These are all symptoms of the need to fine-tune the dish. Optimum signal quality is between 70 and 100.

TIP: You can fine-tune your dish by going back to the signal strength screen. While the signal bar is running, have someone out at the dish. He will need to loosen the collar that holds the LNB. This is done by slightly loosening the two screws that hold the collar together. Once these screws are loose, slowly twist the LNB a fraction of an inch. After each movement allow 5 seconds for the receiver to register the change and update your quality reading. If the quality readings immediately begin to get lower while the adjustments are being made, then the LNB needs to be turned in the other direction. Once the LNB fine tuning is complete, tighten the two screws on the LNB collar. You may then complete the scan by pressing START.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
I agree with your post LK
But Anary is describing a hickup that viewsat is having.
As soon as you do blind scan folowed by chan scan Q is going to get good level
Also Amary try to list your selections such as LNB type TP freq etc. along with type of dish you got

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Thank you LK & Kingtape I will try all of these suggestions. Hopefully something works!

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 142
Amary
Said that he or she already has Echo birds 110, 119 & 148.They trying to add bird 91.

Amary
Like King Tape said , you will need a 30" Dish.
Or you can use a 36" cost $65.00.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5399
and align the 4h LNB to EXACTLY 91W with a larger dish..and configure the receiver antenna settings (LNB, freq, port)..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
I have 110 & 119 on dish 500 and 148 on its own dish. Can I not put the 91 with the dish 500?

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
I don't think so.
You are talking about a difference of 28o between bird 91 & 119. on a 20". I think Dish 500 is only 20" Try using a 30" 36" I just purchase a 36" cost $65.00.LOL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
I dont think you are understanding me, I have a lnb bracket for DISH 500 that allows you to receive 91,101,110,119,& 129 all off of the DISH 500. I am only trying to get help with why I have S st 67% and no Q. I dont think that anything was funny about that question. I have no problem with getting new dish ,in fact I have about 5 of them sitting in my basement all different sizes, but this bracket allows you to take it all from dish 500.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
Hey Amary
No, I think you don't understand.
There is no way that you will be able to receive
91, 101, 110, 119, & 129 off Dish 500.
I don't care how long your bracket is.
The Dish pickup the signal not the bracket.
Why don't you ask the people that sold or gave you this magical bracket. BTW I can't see where anyone said anything about your question being funny.People here just try to help.LOL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
1- If you point this dish to 110 you can get (91,110,119) this is the most you can get with one single 24" dish
2- You can't get 119 and 148 with this dish even if you have good signal on 148. It will show signal but it will scan 119 (Trust me)
3- If you have at least 33" dish then you can get 4 or 5 SATs.
Also 2 dish is no problem you can get up to 6 SATs

This is like if you are trying to milk a Bull. (you can't do it)

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 294
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Alright Ryerson You got me on this one
I guss you can do it
But you still need a 33" dish to collect the Milk

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
LK, I just wanted to thank you for helping me out. I took your suggestion and went through the initial installation and I got the signal the right way. I now have 91, 110, & 119 on my dish 500. Thankyou again. The bull has been milked.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5433
Your Welcome...good luck and enjoy!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us