Question regarding pansat cable

Username: Parmar37

Post Number: 7
i just bought a new pc, but the new pc does not have a Rs-332 serial port for me to download new software into my receiver, my question is can i use the USB to serial adapter to download new software into my receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Banej

Post Number: 150
your computer must have a serial port either front or the back unless itsl laptop and yes you can use usb to serial to download a new bin. ask LK to guide you in the right direction on how to flash it using usb port

Bronze Member
Username: Themangod

Post Number: 80
hello sanjay,

yes the RS332 serial port is not longger made in most all laptops and desktops has not been stander from 2003. all the usb to serial do work other then the 3in one one that does not close the connect and gives stb wont att error for pansat/fortec/cool$at.

I would only buy a receiver with USB or SD card slot only way to go!!!

Username: Correct

Post Number: 8
sanjay the USB to serial adapter will work. You must check the serial portion, if 'male' then connect to a 'female to female' RS332.

You'll notice it is a little slower but still works.

Username: Daneegha

Post Number: 6
hello sanjay,
The other choice that you may have is, to buy a serial card and install it in your computer. This is very simple, just a plug and play. You may find this serial cards @ any Radioshuck or computer store.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us