Sylvania 6626LCT 26" LCD HDTV REVIEW

Username: Wizzd

New Jersey USA

Post Number: 8
Just wanted to say that this might be one of the best values in LCD HDTV out there. I picked this up for an unbeatable price and I am more than happy with the picture quality. It has the same resolution as the Samsung 26" LCD for hundreds less. It's also got the same great features including HDMI.

I am pleasantly suprised and would tell anyone looking for a smaller size LCD HDTV that this is the way to go. Here is my full review:

If you're looking for a nice price on an LCD TV in this size, look no further. This TV looks as good as the Samsung 26" LCD for hundreds less. It's also got HDMI which is a nice plus.

I was replacing my 24" Toshiba flat tube TV of standard definition in my family room. I have a wall unit that's built-in and can only hold a certain size TV so I was looking to fit a widescreen HDTV in this spot. It seemed a 26" LCD would do the trick but there were a lot to choose from. I located this Sylvania in a local retail store next to a Samsung and a Magnavox. The picture looked just as sharp and clear with the HD signal they were feeding it. I also noticed it had HDMI and the same resolution as the Samsung but was hundreds less. I was skeptical at first but had my wife hit the Internet while I was at the store. She found another site with over 70 reviews of this set and it sounded like a great deal.

I got it home and had it up and running in about 1/2 hour. That's mainly because I'm a neat freak and had to tie up cables and be sure it was all hooked up properly. Plus, I had to get a calibration DVD and get the color settings to my liking. Anyway, once set up, it produces a great, bright, clear, colorful HD image. I am more than pleased with it for the price.

The only issue I have is that there was no warranty and registration card in the box. I went to the manufacture website and found they say that the receipt is your warranty and keep it in a safe place. It assures you a 90-day full warranty and a 1-year parts/labor I think. However, I purchased a 3-year in home service plan in addition for only $105. I have been burned in the past with TV's and out of warranty service and I will always take a plan on HDTV's now.

To sum it up, don't be afraid of the brand, I took the leap and it has paid off. It's a great HD addition to my home and is now the 3rd HDTV in the house. It looks nice in the family room and the picture is really as good as any other HD LCD I've seen. With an array of inputs and decent sound (I use surround sound most of the time anyway) you just can't go wrong. Great picture at a great price. Just get an extended warranty (just in case).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us