Daylight Saving Time

Username: Bubble

Post Number: 5
I have a 2700 and running 275 Bin I change the time but the epg is still running an hour ahead. How can I fix this with out changing Bins.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 5232
change your time zone..

Bronze Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 58
Hey Jack of LK I have that trouble as well I have tried changing time zone with no luck yet..

Bronze Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 59
sorry typo O meant Jack OR LK not Jack of LK...

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 115
I had this problem too on a 2700 clone. I changed time zones to central (I live in eastern) now its ok..

Silver Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 558
You should have correct time and date and set GMT to

Eastern = -5:00
Central = -6:00
Mountain = -7:00
Pacific = -8:00

Gold Member

Post Number: 5246
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Where is Greenwich? What is Greenwich Time (GMT)?
Welcome

Greenwich, England has been the home of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) since 1884. GMT is sometimes called Greenwich Meridian Time because it is measured from the Greenwich Meridian Line at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich. Greenwich is the place from where all time zones are measured.

Clocks Change: Spring Forward & Fall Back (Fall = Autumn)BUT GMT remains the same all year around.

The Greenwich Meridian (Prime Meridian or Longitude Zero degrees) marks the starting point of every time zone in the World. GMT is Greenwich Mean (or Meridian) Time is the mean (average) time that the earth takes to rotate from noon-to-noon.

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Where is Greenwich, England?
Longitude 0° 0' 0"

Latitude 51° 28' 38"N (North of the Equator)

Greenwich Mean Time is international time, the basis of the world time clock. GMT marks precision time and military time (sometimes called Zulu Time). Defines date and time and the exact time. The atomic time clock is adjusted by leap seconds to maintain synchronicity with GMT.

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is also known as Zulu Time

Gold Member

Post Number: 5247
and in the US...

You should have your correct time and date, which will be GMT minus (see below)

Eastern = -5:00
Central = -6:00
Mountain = -7:00
Pacific = -8:00

This is during daylight savings time, of course , in the spring when our clocks "spring" ahead, just subtract 1 hour from the above (example ..Eastern will then be GMT minus 4 hours)

Sunday, 5 November 2006
3:21:45 (pm) / 15:21:45 GMT = 10:21:45 EST (daylight savings)...its simple 15 minus 5 = 10, therefore 15:21 GMT is 10: 21 EST...the :45 is the seconds

Bronze Member
Username: Themangod

Post Number: 21
good post lk

Gold Member

Post Number: 5288
kate...I don't care what U think...LMAO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help