2 receivers in the same room....kinda works, bad signal

Bronze Member
Username: Machedonul

Post Number: 84
i have one legit receiver that i pay $ for my international channels, and my pansat 2500 which i dont pay jack $hyt...i bought a satellite splitter which allows me to connect my satellite to both receivers, but i have problems with signal...one of the receiver works fine when the OTHER RECEIVER IS OFF....while the 2nd receiver works for 1 min, then loses signal, then it works again...in other words, i watched an nfl game yeterday with 50 gaps...

im thinking the problem is the cheap 9 dollar satellite splitter from radio shack....should i have gotten a better splitter, why am i losing signal? thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 554
Splitter is no good buddy..you need to buy a switch
2 way DiSEqC Switch.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
ok thanks mc sunny....
since i do get signal on one of the receivers and the other one gets signal sometimes, i thought maybe it's something else
i figured if the splitter wouldn't work, i would have 0 signal on both...

THANKS AGAIN

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
mc sunny, on the web im seeing mostly 4x1 switches...i need a 1x2 switch right?

or would a 2x1 switch do the job as well?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
mc sunny, on the web im seeing mostly 4x1 switches...i need a 1x2 switch right?

or would a 2x1 switch do the job as well?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 5100
disque switches do not work on subscribed DN receivers...LNB's will determine your switches and configurations

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
LK, the one that im paying $ for is not a DN receiver...its a globecast receiver
as far as the DN receiver in concerned, im not subscribed to DN. you know the deal

does that change anything, or you still say i shouldnt bother with the diseqc switch?

Silver Member
Username: Jenifer_contreras

PIMP MemberYokosuka, Ka...

Post Number: 460
buy dual universal LNB and say...shalom problemos!!!Upload

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 690
Andrew - What's the setup (other then the switch you tried to install). Is it a regular dish? Dish 500? What is the LNB type? You need more info here in order for me to help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 469
What is a Dual LNB?
A Dual LNB is an LNB with two outputs.

A Dual LNB will enable you to connect two televisions to your satellite dish and tune into different channels on each television.

Triple and Quad LNB's are also available, for viewers with more than two television receivers
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 470
you should buy this!

Silver Member

Post Number: 694
Jen - That will only work if he's only using a single sat setup. but if he's using a DishPro (Twin or Quad) LNB then he already has everythign he needs. Just need to set it up correctly. That's why I said, he needs to provide more information.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
maybe i asked my question in an unclear way, i apologize...
so i have 3 LNB's...dish 110, dish 119 and one for EUROPEAN channels...
i have 4 pansats, which i get DN with the help of these bins...in my PLAYROOM, i have a pansat 2500 and i also have a GLOBECAST receiver, which i pay a monthly fee...(i only got the globecast receiver last week since these bins do not make globecast work)
if i put the wire in the LNB IN in the back of the pansat 2500, everything works fine...if i put it in the globecast receiver, my international channels work fine
the problem arises when i try to get signal to both of the receivers..i bought a SATELLITE SPLITTER which should allow me to watch DN on one receiver abd GC on the other receiver..the problem is that i have spotty signal on the DN receiver (the pansat 2500)...so the satellite splitter is not doing its job...

i hope i cleared it up a bit..

thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 696
Yes it does. The problem is the spliter. If you have three LNB's either single or dual you're still going to need a switch. DP34 works pretty good. However you may need to add an outside power source to your LNB's as you have a few boxes drawing and if you happen to put turn all of them on, you will have problems.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
so i need the dp34 switch and what else?
im shopping online for these products as we speak...i would like to get rid of these problems once and for all

thanks PRFRMNJ for your help!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
i just saw that the dp34 is one of those switches that i have to go back up on the house again? :-(
i thought i would need just a piece that can give me signal from one wire in my room to 2 receivers...some splitter or something

i guess it aint so easy...

Silver Member

Post Number: 699
No such luck. You can't split the signal. You need to use a switch.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
ok last question, ive already asked 10 :-)

so since i have 4 other pansats in the other rooms, will this new setup affect everything else?

i currently have a 4x8 diseqc switch...

Silver Member

Post Number: 706
Now you've completely lost me! You have the diseqc switch for the pansats and you want to connect a regular receiver as well? You'll need to run a separet line from the LNB for that receiver since you can't use the diseqc switch for it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
well since i have 4 pansats throughout the house and i wanted to get 2 more...i was told to run a 4x8 diseqc switch

my issue is only one of the rooms...the other pansats are working 100% fine
in my room, im trying to run the regular pansat + a GLOBECAST RECEIVER and i only have one wire coming into the room from the roof where the satellite is..if i put that wire in the back of the pansat, i catch DISH 110-DISH 119 - AND GLOBECAST (but since the globecast bin is not out yet, i catch 10% of globecast channels because the rest say BAD OR SCRAMBLED CHANNEL...so my point is that i have signal on all 3 LNBs...dishh 110, 119 and the GC

if i dont use the pansat and choose to use my globecast receiver which i catch all the GC channels, once again everything is fine..i have signal abd everything is fine

problem is, i cannot sit there and unscrew the cable from one receiver, and put it to the other receiver everytime i want to watch tv,,,i just need to use both the pansat box and the GC box simultaneously...thats why i thought the satellite splitter will alow both receivers to get signal from the satellite dish on the roof...with the splitter, the GC works fine is the pansat is OFF, but if i try to watch my DN on pansat, my signal is spotty...i can watch, then i lose signal...then i have signal again, then i lose it again...

what a pain in the A$S this whole setup is...im in over my head

thanks again and sorry to put you through all this BS

Gold Member

Post Number: 5116
how about using an A/B switch...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5121
bump

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
only if i knew what that means...im not as advanced as you guys..all i know is that my satellite splitter idea backfired :-)
where would i purchase this a/b switch from LK?

Bronze Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 45
search stooge
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us