Pansat 2500....All You Need To Know

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 5065
Pansat 2500..All You Need To Know

Always use a Straight Rs232 DB9 FF cable (not null modem) except when transferring data between 2 Pansat 2500 receivers..

How to reflash a nonworking Pansat 2500a receiver

1. Swtich unit off in back.
2. open the pansat downloader proggy 2300-2500-1500 downloader.exe file or BL V 1.4 updater
3. Enter "Pansat 2500A" in stb type (no quotes), if model is requested
4. Select Boot60.bin in Bin window
4. Turn on back switch
5. Before - - - - completes, start the download and let it finish.
6. Turn off pansat backswitch
7. Turn pansat back on
8. Now you should see Knightrider lights - - - - back and forth over and over. This is normal.
9. Now load the Pansat factory bin (Pansat 2500A-040730_224_api(N).bin or can use the 222 bin) in 2300-2500-1500 downloader.exe or BL V1.4
10 Make sure STB type says "Pansat 2500A" (no quotes)
11. Start download... let it complete. The reciever will reboot when done.
12 Turn unit off and on again with back switch. Let the pansat boot up all the way.
13 Load the latest working bin
14 IMPORTANT -- CHANGE THE STB-TYPE to read "key:global" (no quotes)
15 Upload the latest bin and let the receiver boot up by itself.
16 Now you are done... just load a good channel list or do a scan, and watch TV again.

(Note: if you wish, you can use blacklist's stb updater v 1.3a or 1.4 instead of the factory downloader. If you do use this downloader, make sure that you click "boot" button before downloading the Boot60.bin and click "Bin" before you download the other bins.)

Basic Procedures When Operating The Pansat 2500A Digital Satellite Receiver

Turn the receiver's power ON.
Press the "MENU" button.
Go to "INSTALLATION" and press the "OK" button.
Go to "ANTENNA SETUP" and press the "OK" button.
Choose the satellite you are interested in by scrolling through the satellite list and press the "OK" button.
Check for satellite signal by checking at the bottom of the screen (The "LEVEL" signal will let you know how close you are to the satellite and the "QUALITY" signal will let you know when you have found the satellite signal and how strong the signal is).
Once you have found the signal, go to "SATELLITE SCAN" which is found in the slot above the "LEVEL" signal and press the "OK" button (make sure to choose "ALL").
When the receiver has completed the scanning it will highlight the last channel found in the list.
Press the "EXIT" button four times or until you exit all the different used options of the main menu.
Press the "OK" button and the channel list will appear.
Choose the channel you are interested in by scrolling up or down using the "CHANNEL" buttons in the remote.

Switching to radio or TV mode with the Pansat 2500A Digital Satellite Receiver

To switch the receiver to radio mode you need to press the "TV/RAD" button in the remote control one time and the receiver will switch to radio.
Once the receiver has been switched to radio, press the "OK" button and the channel list will appear.
To switch to TV mode, press the "TV/RAD" button in the remote control one more time and the receiver will switch to TV.
Once the receiver has been switched to "TV", press the "OK" button and the channel list will appear.
You can scroll either up or down using the "CHANNEL" buttons.
Once you have found the desired channel, press the "OK" button in the remote a=control and the channel will appear on the TV screen.
Press the "OK" button one more time and the channel list will disappear.

Adding New Frequencies in the Pansat 2500A Digital Satellite Receiver

Go to "INSTALLATION" and press the "OK" button.
Go to "EDIT TP/SATELLITE" and press the "OK" button.
Make sure the satellite you need to make changes to is shown on the screen. To find the correct satellite name, scroll up or down until it is found and then press the "OK" button.
Choose "EDIT TP".
The word "NEW" will appear at the bottom of the screen. Press the "OK" button.
Enter the frequency, symbol rate, and polarity and then press the "OK" button to save the information.
Go back to the "INSTALLATION" menu and choose "TP SCAN" and then press the "OK" button.
Once the receiver highlights the satellite name press the "OK" button one more time.
The receiver will highlight the last frequency entered. Press the "OK" button to start scanning the new frequency.
Once the scanning is completed by the receiver, press the "EXIT" button as many times as needed to exit all the different parts of the menu that were used.
Press the "OK" button to view the channel list and choose any of the new channels that were added with the new scanned frequency.

*** Double check the frequency(-ies) you have entered in the receiver to make sure you have a successful scan ***

Pansat Satellite Receiver 2500A Data Transfer (Receiver to Receiver)

*** Connect the Master & Slave receivers by using RS-232 (Null or Twisted) cable ***

Step #1- Version Transfer

Connect the master receiver to the TV
Press the MENU button
Go to "USER SETUP" and press "OK"
Go to "SW TRANSFER" and press "OK"
Press "CH ­" button to start transfer (Once the transfer is completed, the audio in the TV unit will release two popping sounds together with the menu OSD)
*** If the percentage bar does not count, reset both the master & slave receivers and check the cable the cable connections again ***

Step #2 -- Factory Setting (Master Default List)

Connect the slave receiver to the TV
Press the MENU button.
Go to "FACTORY SETTING" and press the "OK" button
Press the following buttons in your remote control to begin transfer: "Menu" -- "i" -- "1" -- "6" -- "6" -- "8" (Total of six buttons)
The OSD will read "PLEASE WAIT" for a few seconds (Once the transfer is completed, the audio in the TV unit will release two popping sounds together with the menu OSD)
*** The new version will be updated in the factory default channel data condition by following these steps ***

Step #3 -- Channel data transfer

Connect the master receiver back to the TV
Press the "MENU" button
Go to "USER SETUP" and press the "OK" button
Go to "SW TRANSFER" and press the "OK" button ("VER.CODE" will appear)
Press the "VOL " button to start transfer
Press the "CH ­" button to start transfer
Once the transfer is completed, the audio in the TV unit will release two popping sounds together with the menu OSD.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to Manually Input DN and Bev Keys
For All Pansats

Press menu button on your remote:

#1 Go to parental control... (U must have already done a scan or channel list to see this)
#2 Go down to "second pin" option & enter 0000
#3 Then go to nagravision and select it by pressing ok button on your remote...
#4 In Nagravision window you should be in the box that is Entitled "Provider ID"...scroll to the right (press right arrow button on remote) until it switches to Dishnetwork (00 01)
#5 Now In Nagravision window go down (press down arrow on remote) to the box that contains "00" entitled "Key Number"
#6 While in the box (highlighted "Key Number") that contains "00", scroll to the right until you see nagravision 2 at the top left of your screen
#7 While in Nagravision2 you should still be in "Key Number" box and the number in that same box should be "00"...this is for Key 00
#8 Scroll down (press down arrow on remote) to key data and enter the new supplied key for 00 (within this site is the key change for Nagravision2)..take note on how to enter letters in the lower portion of the screen (ex. letter E=FAV button on remote)
#9 Once key is edited select OK button on your remote (OK-STORE confirmation blinks twice in lower right of screen)
#10 go back to the "00" box and move one click to the right which should take you to "01"..this is to edit the "01" key
#11 Follow Steps 8 & 9 above (this time enter key data for key 01 instead of 00)
#12 Click exit and click ok or yes to save changes then exit all the way out and you should be watching tv

Note...For Bev keys at step #4, "Provider ID" is 09 - 01

Bronze Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 15
Fantastic stuff LK. I have the Pansat 2500. Hey, I don't quite understand why all my channels have blacked out with zero signal strength. I sense a severe weather disruption. Darn Storms!!! :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 5073
Bad weather, cause dishes to move...and cables,connections, and switches to get damaged or not secured..and the sun and heat also causes damage over time..

Bronze Member
Username: Bigriger

Post Number: 28
all you need is too buy a f ck.in viewsat

Gold Member

Post Number: 5075
tom...in this case, a viewsat doesn't help your outside hardware in bad weather!...use a little common sense!...I agree that Viewsat is a great receiver, but that has NOTHING to do with this...and U are FORUMS IGNORANT, cause U just HIJACKED this thread!

Username: Tunisian

Post Number: 7
hi guys , can u plz tell me where i can download the new for pansat 2500
thxxxxx

Gold Member

Post Number: 5081
www.dsscomunity.c*om/forums ...remove the * in link...and register for free..new bin is 283 located in he pansat files section in forums..

Bronze Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 25
Where can I get: frequency, symbol rate and polarity to add new frequencys in LK's above post. Thank you very much!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5085
www.lyngsat.com has them all

Bronze Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 26
Thank You very much Mr. LK.."I read and I learn"

Gold Member

Post Number: 5089
zulu...what time is it?...LOL

Username: Destinie

North Bay, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone, where can I get the patch for the clone pansat 3000 auto roll. And aslo, please tell me how to load it in so I can watch my satellite programs. Thanks in advance... I hope I have typed this out properly...

Silver Member
Username: Dishoom

Scarborough, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 111
how come my QUALITY IS 0% any reason
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us