No Signal quality..Help

Bronze Member
Username: Imnycusa

Post Number: 34
I have been watching Echo3 & Nimiq2 all day and then all of sudden no picture on either one. Checked and found no signal quality. Both dishes appeared to be firmly secured on their location. It was very cloudy and very windy here in NY, but now sky is clear of clouds and very little wind. Surprisingly during the heavy rain and cloudy period both sat were working fine and the problem started only after clouds begin to disappear. Any advise? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 908
Try turning the switch from the back OFF for a few seconds and turning it back ON.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
I tried it but no luck so far. Thanks for the advise though.

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

Post Number: 142
Imnyc, I've been having this same problem on and off ....some of my transponders aren't showing signal at all - 12239, (Echo 7, or 8) for example...that's where my HBO east is located

Does "auto tp" being on or off have anything to do with it?

What should it be at ? anybody know?

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 286
i would turn auto tp on and i would check the lnb type in your settings-i lose some tp signals when its wrong (fortunetly cw600s has only two options)

Bronze Member
Username: Dxv1988

MA

Post Number: 65
I have the same problems, lost all signals from Pansat 2700, includes FTA channels, but my viewsat still working. I though Pansat receiver needs new bin, then I downloaded bin 282 but notthing improve.
Please advise
thank you

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
I have no sgnal quality on any TP at all. Anybody from ny area facing the same issue?

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

Post Number: 148
Thanks albino...I've messed around with it...and nothing yet. I will keep checking it though.....do u have any idea what the lnb should be set at for a dish 500.

That dish 500/switch may very likely be the source of all my problems.

I can't even do a proper scan of 119, it will find 110 channels along with it.

thanks again

Bronze Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 14
I have the same problem. We had a storm last night and today we have very heavy winds. I turn on the pansat 2500 receiver this morning and I have no channels. There's no signal for any channels. I turned the switch on the back of the pansat off and on and still nothing.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 5051
did U ever consider that just MAYBE your dish has moved due to the bad weather, and now out of alignment!...or maybe U need to enter new keys...or recheck your receiver installation antenna settings?...I don't want to tax your brain too much to "overload", so I will stop at just those 3 possibilities..BUT I am SURE U hace already checked those out and NOT just sat there doing nothing but writing posts here!...LMAO

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Blimey! I don't think I even considered the possibility that the satelites could've budged. We did have some very very strong winds, actually we had a Wind Alert and it's still going strong. It even blew my garden tree several inches to the left and my swing set on the porch blew over completely.
I will look at the satelites and see from there. They most likely have been repositioned due to the winds.
I know for sure that I don't need to enter new keys though. Because my signal strength for all channels is zero. They were all fine last night until the rain really hit us good in the late pm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Well LK, I got the channels back:-) I went outside and fiddled with the wires and you know what? One of them has been ripped right out! Ridiculous, I'll have to buy another one now. But I just shoved it back in so it's hardly a sturdy connection. But I can still watch a bit of tennis on right now which is good:-)
The satelites themselves didn't budge, it's just a wiring issue.
Thanks for the help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us