Back to square one

Bronze Member
Username: Snmhanson

Post Number: 13
I was all set to go out and buy a new 40-46" LCD flatscreen (either a Sony S200 series or a Sharp 4262U) and then I went out and looked at what our local dealer had. He can get me the Sharp but not a Sony, however, he said that he would get a DLP rear projection as you get alot more tv for the money. Now I am kind of stuck between a Samsung DLP rear projection (or maybe a Sony LCD rear projection from another store) or one of the LCDs I mentioned above. If I get the rear projection then I might be able to swing a new 23" or 26" LCD for the bedroom as well. I guess my main concern though is reliability of the rear projection sets as they have more moving parts and it seems from what I have read that they tend to be more problematic. I don't want to save a few hundred dollars now only to have to spend it later to replace the color wheel or bulb. Thickness between the two really isn't an issue as it is going in a 18+" deep shelf area in our built-ins. My main two concerns are having a reliable television and picture quality. Other than that I want a set that is aesthetically pleasing since it will be in a highly visible area of our house. What do you guys think? Should I go for the DLP or flat screen? Thanks.

Matt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us