Question for LK

Bronze Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 49
I have read and read, looked on all forums mabee I have missed this. I have Pansat 3500. On DN sometimes when you change channels the receiver will give you message "scrambled Channel" or "no signal". If I change channels back and forth, power off, play with transponders on the SIG screen, or something like that the channel will come in. I am not talking about a KEY or Autoroll issue its more like the receiver forgites what transponder to be on for that channel. Also It does that on alot of channels not just one or two and only on DN Bev is fine.

Would love to have a longer than 2 hours EPG but like has been said alot LoL At least we have Free TV !!

thanks LK

Jay

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4970
Sounds like U have a switch problem..or various problems that get resolved eventually..your point is?

Bronze Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 50
Would it be a switch problem even when you are on same sat when you change channel?

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

SO.California

Post Number: 149
It could be the receiver. I have a 2700, it's giving me that same problem if not more. sometimes i'll get that scramble or bad channel, i'll hit the power switch on/off then on again that channel will appear. I also have a 2500 but never encountered the problem.

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

SO.California

Post Number: 150
It could be the receiver. I have a 2700, it's giving me that same problem if not more. sometimes i'll get that scramble or bad channel, i'll hit the power switch on/off then on again that channel will appear. I also have a 2500 but never encountered the problem. I say it's the receiver.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4973
It is COMMON to RESET/REBOOT any receiver by powering off/on when U have ANY problems!..receivers have little quirks sometimes like any electronic equipment..I sometime have to reboot/reset my computer and my subscribed DTV receiver..that is NOT unusual!...I call it a "hiccup"!

Bronze Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 54
Yes I understand that About rebooting the receiver. Sometimes it helps but often not, changing the channel seems to do better...this is not a every once in a while thing it happens every time I change channels on DN and, it takes several min to get the channels in sometimes so I was wondering if you, or anyone else had this happing too as much or if thier was a fix for it.

thanks for your input LK

Bronze Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

Post Number: 95
Same prob here...have had that problem for years....i used to have a dish receiver, and it had that problem...back then everyone said it was just the bin.

later i was told it was a dish 500 problem with the switch - since the others, bev & dave, were behaving properly.

had someone else look at it, they told me it was only the weaker transponders.....

LK is right, it is a hickup, just a chronic annoying one though.

Bev seems 2 be fine for me as well. It's only on the DN tps. And messing with the channels has been my band-aid solution as well.

Bronze Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 55
I am using a dish 500 for DN too. I might this weekend test the other dish on DN andsee if The receiver still does it might be a good way to learn what the troule is for all of us....I will let you know

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
Yeah, I'll bet it is going 2 be the Dish 500 switch, that'll be good if u figure that out.

Wondering what it costs or if it's worth replacing - do u have problems scanning as well? I get 119 channels while scanning 110, and vice versa....can't seem to seperate the 2.

Bronze Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 56
I found my dish 500 on a emty house so it was free....I am already ooking at a replacement I want a bigger dish and motor so I can TRY to use just one dish as of now I have one for dish and and for BEV.

I got to get some zzzzz's so I'l be back later..

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 125
Hey Ryerson
Try moving you Dish until you receive a high
Quality Signal on one bird and little less on the other.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 126
Hey Jay
To install a Motorized Dish.
You will need a Stabs HH100 motor.
90 or 100 cm Dish.
Invacom LNB Cirluar and Liner output.
DiSEqC Switch.
The receiver I guess you already have
Above equipment cost less then $200.00.

With a motorized Dish you will be able to receive (Mucho Birds) more then you can feed.
Charlie's Birds
Bev's Birds
FTA Birds
Above is the good news now the not so bad news.
You will have to read , ask lots of questions and make lots of trips to the roof on aligment.
Once you hit the Belt all will be worth it. You will get tried changing channels.LOL you will need it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
Thanks Kavin.... if that is the answer, then i'll have 2 wait till next spring.....i don't care enough 2 spend time on the roof until it warms up a bit.

But I'll give it a shot... in fact, i just may move them all down.

Bronze Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 57
Here the plan as of now is to ut the new dish on a pole I hate getting on the roof and it's easer for my location to be able to have clear of the complete belt. Also I can get whatever size dish I want if using a pole.The view from the roof is blocked too many tree's around. So I am getting the pole this weekend and setting it so it will be ready. Planning a day for pole setting I know it has to be plum,cemented in, and all that..so I am off now to look for a dish..I want a 6 foot if I can find one...thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us