2 Television sets, 1 Receiver

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

SO.California

Post Number: 148
Could I use 1 receiver for 2 t.vs? Would those splitters at RadioShack work? If it works, I'm sure I'm gonna get same channels for both t.v sets due to the same receiver. I don't mind. I just wanna know has anyone attempted this before, sounds corny but its for my shop.

Bronze Member
Username: Hemi426no1

Post Number: 12
Yes it will work. Ive done it my self. You just have to watch the same thing on both tvs

Bronze Member
Username: Amt

Post Number: 24
i have pansat 2700a that i use aslo have dishnetwork reciver i have 2 channles on that. is there any way i can split teh cable that si comming from dish with boht recivers, at this time i have to take cabel out from one and connect to other in order to use them

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4967
depends upon LNB's, but your post makes it seem that U ONLY have 1 LNB and a DN receiver with ONLY 2 channels and an FTA receiver that may or may NOT even work..either U have a useless DN receiver and cable set up or cannot post well...try an A/B switch..

Bronze Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 51
I think AMT was talking about the RF out for 2 receivers and he changes the RF out from one to the TV to the other to the tv. I would recomend a A/B switch as well for that....Radio Shack has them I have even seen wireless remote ones!...as far as spliting the RF out for a receiver to 2 or more TV's I do that here and at the Shop....We have tv's in the bathroom, Bedroom, and kitchen as well as here in the computer/TV room.....I use a regular spliter and coax and a wireless Video/Audio sender.So you have lots of options on how to send the signal to other tv's...Hope that helps

Bronze Member
Username: Amt

Post Number: 25
thanks jay but i still didnt understand everything let me explain you my situation.
I have 2 dish 500 with 3 lnb's 119 ,110 and 61.5
i use to get all channels from DN but now only two and for rest i use my pansat 2700a, but now when i want to see channels other then those two i have to take the cable out from DN reciver and connect to pansat reciver i am looking for something that i dotn have to manually swith cables all the time.i am talking about the cable thats comming from LNB's I am not sure they are called RF or something els

Bronze Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 53
ok thaks for clearing that up. You will need a switch just for LNB's. I am not experanced at setting up one LNB for 2 receivers but, I understand it can be done with the right switch. I will watch this post and see if LK or someone helps if not I can do a search for the answer I am sure this has been addressed here before.

Bronze Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

Post Number: 94
AMT, I have a dish 500, and 2 other dish picking up 91, 110, 119, and 121.....all are connected 2 a diseqc switch...and then connected inside to a splitter that runs to a Pansat receiver and also 2 a dvb computer card. So I am sharing/splitting the signal.

However, either i don't have it hooked up properly, or this is as good as it gets - but i tend to lose signal a lot on the receiver when changing channels and scanning on the DVB card - and vice versa.

There are times when i just can't get any signal at all if it's split. And there are times when i CAN actually have 2 different channels on at the same time...not sure how/why.

i've never been able to split Bev (91)...just doesn't like to be split.

i'd love 2 know the same thing because i've never had it working as well as i'd like. But if ur just using DN, and ur not using both simultaneously, it can work...at least it has for me. Not sure if it's worth all the hassle though.

ATM, this is an interesting question...I would love 2 know if it is possible 2 improve on this as well.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4977
AMT wrote "i have pansat 2700a that i use aslo have dishnetwork reciver i have 2 channles on that".

I still don't understand about his Dishnet RECEIVER and ONLY getting 2 channels...which 2?...do U subscribe?...do U hack plastic?...

how can U watch ONLY 2 channels on DN receiver?....why would U want to "spit" something that appears NOT to be working?...why not just us eyour FTA receiver, the Pansat 2700?...

Are U asking 2 questions?
1.. how do I hack DN plastic AND also use same hardware for FTA?
2...how do I use my SUBSCRIBED DN receiver and FTA using same hardware?

If either of these are true, we need to know what hardware (LNB and switches) are on roof now..

Silver Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 121
" ... i have pansat 2700a that i use aslo have dishnetwork reciver i have 2 channles on that. is there any way i can split teh cable that si comming from dish with boht recivers, at this time i have to take cabel out from one and connect to other in order to use them..."

Asume you have 2 receivers (FTA).

you need two (2) sw21 then you can watch TV with
two (2) receivers . Means you have 2 sw, you will
get 2 output .

A ====>Sw1
B ====>Sw1 =====> Output 1 (Receiver 1)==> TV/PC
C ====>SW1

A====>SW2
B====>SW2 =====> Output 2 (receiver 2)===>TV/PC
C====>Sw2

hope this help

Silver Member

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 122
Hi AMT,

Sorry about SW . FTA can not using a sw21 but uses a a diseqc switch . Sorry about that .

buile

Silver Member

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 123
"... and then connected inside to a splitter that runs to a Pansat receiver and also 2 a dvb computer card. So I am sharing/splitting the signal. ..."

My question about "2 a dvd pc card" you mean
a. "2" is "to"
b. "2 is "2"

If "b" then you only have 1 output (1 receiver pansat). But you do need to connect to 2 inputs (2 DVD cards). So you need 1 more receiver .

with 1 output, only applies for 1 dvd card for recording . and using a splitter splits a signal for (TV/pc) watching, It is OK . But using splitter get two signals then apply for two channels it is impossible.

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
Hi bui,

Sorry about that - i tend to do a lot of short form writing (tried to avoid it in the post because of the obvious conclusion, but force of habbit got to me)

* Yes, i meant "to"
* No, not a DVD card, it's a DVB card (FTA satellite card by Hauppauge)

Let me see if i can explain better:

i only have one cable coming into the house. It originates from a Dish 500 (110/119), and two other dishes (one is universal dish pointed at 121, the other at Nimiq 1).

They are all connected to a diseqc switch.

The cable running into the house is the (often times) split in two (i know i shouldn't, but it works sometimes, and i can always remove splitter when needed - i should really get an A/B switch soon, just haven't decided on permanency yet).

Split: one line goes to pansat 2700,the other goes to my pc DVB Sat card.

If I'm trying to pull off an impossible, that would be great to know. I'll decide whether the inconveniences are worth the hassle or not, i guess). But if it IS possible to do this better another way, that would be great to learn as well.

Maybe the A/B switch would work best, is this the only reasonable/possible alternative?

Thanx

Silver Member

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 124
Hi Ryerson,

Let me repeat what you need . If I am wrong please correct . So you have :

1. 4 inputs (110/119 & 121/91 (?) )
2. 3 outputs (1 Receiver & 2 PC) . But only permit 1 cable run into the house then you will be split signal out (from 1 cable) to 3 outputs.
you want like this ?

buile

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
Does this make sense: Upload

Silver Member

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 125
I don't think it works . I surrender :-))

Maybe experts in this forum will help you .

But if you want to try, just do experiment, I don't know it will work or not .

you can use 3 diplexers (cascade connect) to combine
4 signals to one (1) cable go into your house . Then inside your house,
you use 3 other diplexers to open back 4 signals .

Then you connect 4 signal with 3 or 2 diseqc (depend on how much output
you need). So you will get 3 or 2 outputs connect receivers/PC . hope it works :-))

Have fun in weekend

Bronze Member
Username: The_only_one

Post Number: 30
hi i have 2 recivers ( Viewsat Extreme and Digiwave) and i have to dishes ( 119& 61.5)

how do i connect everything? i just got my viewsat so i dont no how this works.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us