Help with TV

Username: Alishar

Post Number: 1
I have been reading about HDTV, HD-ready, EDTV(nearly gone), and I would like some help. I would like to get something that wont make our normal movies, channels look pixilated. We are looking for a 46 inch and dont want to upgrade all our current stuff right away (DirecTV, etc). I know someone who got a 46in and went home to watch Ants on DVD. She said it looked horrible. I am not sure how old her DVD player is becuse I know that could have been the problem. Am I being realistic in wanting to see a good picture with my old stuff? Any addvice on HDTV, HD-ready, Plasma, LCD? My husband is worried about burnins and refilling the liquid in the plasma?! Thanks for any info!

Username: Malakaii

Post Number: 3
I would recommend getting an LCD I just bought my LCD 42" Acer its amazing I used it as a computer screen as well and its very bright., you're thinking of getting a 46" WOW good for you Im jealous I can only afford a 42"...Good Luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 82
I agree you should go with LCD. I am surprised that off a DVD your friends set looked that bad. with a good DVD player and a good TV movies should look awsome. I just recently watched the fifth element on my new Sony 40" LCD and the picture was amazing. i use a Denon upconversion DVD player. As far as channels from the Direct TV(or any other satt/cable) looking pixelated, there is really nothing you can do about that its not the TVs fault.

unless you plan on running an off air antenna on your roof to pick up your local channels in HD then HDTV or HD ready shouldnt really matter. also burn in on a plasma is a real issue but you don't "refill the liquid" on a plasma.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us