What HdMI monster cables do I look for

Username: Krlo35

Post Number: 9
There are so many to choose from, and prices vary. What is the most important thing to look for, and what NOT to get
I am getting a Samsung 4695 LCD and have Cox cable

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 81
i would say get the cheapest monster, or buy another brand all together. anything in the $50-$100 range should be fine.

Bronze Member
Username: Randywalters

El Segundo, California USA

Post Number: 14
Monster HDMI cables are a marketing scam and are a waste of money - they don't perform any better than a regular inexpensive HDMI cable does.

A lot of us use the simple 6 foot $7.00 HDMI cable from Monoprice dot com (item number 2412). This cable has been tested against the Monster HDMI cables by an HD expert at AVSForum dot come and he reported that the signal quality was identical.

Bronze Member

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 83
Randy, i agree that monster HDMI is way over priced. i just worry about buying the cheapest cables because some of them look so flimsy it seems like they wouldnt last. i bought some cables by accell that cost $49.99 at fry's electronics because looked like they were built well and the connectors looked quality. i do wish i had known about those cables you mentioned. from the picture they look like good quality. what is the point of those Ferrite Cores?

Username: Krlo35

Post Number: 10
Can you tell me what I actually need. I see there are HDMI DVI and up-converters. Which one do I actually need? I am not familiar with this new technology
I will have Samsung 4695, Cox motorola DVR, Sony Digital receiver, and JVC DVD (Which I may change because it is a few years old)

Bronze Member

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 85
you probably just need component video cables for the cable box. is it a Hi Def DVR? also just some component video cables for the DVD player. if you get a new upconversion DVD player you will need an HDMI cable, not HDMI to DVI.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us