Lost channels

Bronze Member
Username: Lynchmob450

Post Number: 26
I was hoping someone would be able to explain how channels end up being lost. When i installed the last BIN in mid-to-late Sept., i follwed that up by deleting all my channels and then doing a blind scan on 110 and 119.

By doing this, i ended up with a bunch of channels i never knew i was missing in the first place (ie. a bunch of PPV, local channels, etc...). Anyways, this was great, but then i started noticing some channels disapearing (BBC, WE, etc.).

So, what i did yesterday was to delete all of my channels and once again did a blind scan to try to retrieve some of these lost channels. By doing this, I was able to find the channels i lost...but now i noticed that some of the channels i always had (VH1, local channels, etc.) are no longer there.

Is there a reason why these channels disapear? Is there an easier way to recover these? Every time i do a blind scan, do i need to delet my channels first (i'm trying to limit duplication).

Any info on this would be very much appreciated!

Gold Member
Username: Jmill1948

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 1033
when you did the blind scan did you rename the sats echo 119 echo 110 this will give you the echostar package very nice brings in lots of locals

Bronze Member
Username: Tinfish

Post Number: 65
i was missing a few channels..by missing i mean..when i tune to that channel (using echostar package) i was getting scrambled or bad channel display. I turned off the receiver (from the back) for a few minutes and when i turned it back on, the problem was gone.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
I wasn't asked to rename the sats when i did the blind scan. How would i do this? I'm somewhat "illiterate" with this...so i appreciate your patience in helping me.

Bronze Member
Username: Tinfish

Post Number: 66
not during the blind scan. on my receiver (Fortec Lifetime Ultra) you can navigate in the "installation menu" to Edit TP/Satellite and re-name the satellite; making sure it is "Echo 110" and "Echo 119". The space is important and if i'm correct even the lower case after the 'E' is important.

Bronze Member
Username: Evilnip

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 14
zamund,i had the same problem last night on my stupid pansat 2500a.i blind scanned,deleted channels for 90 mins trying to find usa channel for monday night raw,oh the channel was there,no signal,also no signal on history , bravo,food netwerk.so when i deleted the channels,it wouldnt come back on,so i was missing bout 100 channels.normally i get 283,i got 185.
i kept rescanning and then i got 85 channels...i was like "what the f$%#k"?
so i went to another site,got the keys again to make sure it was correct,low and behold ,i was off by 1 number,and all my autorolls were on.
finally i deleted channels and did satellite scan and got all channels back.
so to answer your question,make sure you check keys on both 00,and 01 ,save and make sure all autoroll is off,delete channels,satellite scan.
let me know if it worked for you.

Bronze Member
Username: Psychmonster

Chi town, Il USA

Post Number: 37
ZH...when DN is really up to something usually the p-orn goes first..so if a couple channels go out occasionally thens its usually some kind of operating glitch

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Thnx for the info evilnip...i did what you recommended, but ended up losing even more common channels (including CNN and a couple of HBOs). I think the satelite scan was not what i needed to do, so i went back, renamed my sats (as per James and Tin Fish) and did a blind scan. I now have most of the channels that were missing.

Thnx to all for helping in educate!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us