Quick Question on LCD LG ''37 and blue ray

Username: Cmoney11

Post Number: 2
Have 37" LCD with 780p........
since I lack the 1080p capicity.......how will a blue ray movie look on my television set?

Post Number: 3
could i get some help here guys........

Bronze Member
Username: Chico

Post Number: 68
i believe your lcd might be 1368x768 max resolution assuming that you said your lcd is not 1920x1080p(you should really check your lcd's manual). i believe from what i have read in these forums the max you get from a blu-ray player is 1080 interlaced , assuming you use a hdmi cable because the max that your lcd will resolve is either 720p or 1080i. don't feel bad because even in most 1080p tv the max is 720p or 1080i even w/ a blu-ray player, this is because only a few 1080p tv have hdcp(hi-def copyrighted protection)in them. if your lcd has hdcp in it, i believe this will allow you to fully resolve 1080p content. i know this sounds confusing because it confused the hell out me when i was trying to make sense of it.

Username: Malakaii

Post Number: 2
I see

Post Number: 4
Taking this information into consideration.......

Is there a drastic difference (to the untrained eye) between 720p and 1080p?........

Will a Bluy ray be worth it than? Or is the HD DVD player the way to go?

Bronze Member
Username: Chico

Post Number: 71
even w/ a untrained eye like mine i prefer 1080p to 720p, you can sit closer and see a little more detail. aside from that, max output for blu-ray is 1080p while hd-dvd is 1080i by way of hdmi cable,the difference is almost unnoticeable. but if your into anything hitech like computors in my opinion you should root for blu-ray. reason being the greater capacity(25-50gb) while hd-dvd is only 15-30gb. and there are talks that blu-ray will introduce 100-200gb discs. again these are just my opinions and already there are plenty of debate on which format is better aside from the people who just hate sony(blu-ray camp)and base their opinion on that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us