VS Extreme Help needed!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Jayson

Post Number: 12
While I was trying to load the latest bin DBPSW_061007CS_XTREME to my VS the computer said that there was an error...since then the VS hadn't turned on again and in the display (when it do lit) only appears an 8. or two "A"......I have tried to load the factory bin but again it says there's an error....I also tried to load the factory bin from another VS extreme without success......I'm desperate....any help would be greatly appreciated......Thanx

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 829
Jayson

I have a friend with the same problem, and i think that the only way to fix it is by Jtaging it. He is still trying some last thing before giving up so I'll let you know if he solves anything and how!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanx Johnner........anyways let me know how can I Jtag the receiver just in case........

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4884
Cannot Jtag a Viewsat..

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 830
Why not LK?

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 831
LK

I've open a Viewsat Platnium and there is no where to Jtag it but I've read on the net that it is possible!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Damn!!! If I cannot Jtag it, what the heck can I do to revive the receiver!!!!!! Heeeeeelllllppp!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4885
Most Viewsat problems are almost always fixed with a factory bin...try uploading this Virgin Factory bin 2012, right from a dump from a NEW Extreme last May..

heres the bin linked..yes U must join and register Free here..
http://totalfta.com/showthread.php?t=6692

Gold Member

Post Number: 4886
Don't forget to unzip the files using winzip/winrar programs too!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Thanx a lot LK.....sorry for interrupting your NFL sunday but I needed help.....at least your pats won......Thanx to you too Johnner.....if you have something new for me let me know.....take care.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I still have the same problem.......I have loaded some of the factory files without success.....only sending ZRQINIT and error messages on the loader 2......the display only lit sometimes......help needed

Gold Member

Post Number: 4896
1...Just leave your receiver on.
2....Connect null modem cable from PC to receiver. (not straight cable)
3....Bring up loader 2
4....Open download file, latest is DBPSW_061007CS_XTREME

Before clicking on PC -> STB, turn OFF your receiver (the switch is on the back)

5...Click PC-> STB and quickly turn your receiver ON. It will start download.

This error ZRQINIT message is either wrong cable or comport...or improper LOADING of files ...U really needed to read the setup manual first!...If U had gone to www.totalfta.com liked I recommended, U would have read and seen all this info in less than 5 minutes!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
nop....nothing is working.......doesn't want to download any bin........I think I will have to send it back to VS for repair........

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 334
go to toatalfta.com
http://totalfta.com/showthread.php?p=152174#post152174

this is c/p
download the file to revive your receiver
Read this carefully this is not a clone revivor in any way and is not inteded to be it is mearly a factory file that seems to repair the problem with OEM receivers ,

this is a factory flash i used to revive a dead veiwsat receiver that apparently had been affected by the clonekill code although (this will not work on clones) this does work on OEM veiwsats that have problems if you get a flash of led then your in luck with this as i have seen so far , i have given this file to probably 15 people that all had sucess with OEM receivers that had problems after the recent clonekills ,

This also works on receivers that only have four dashes also i refer to as veiwsat night rider although it doesnt run back and fourth across the led . and also so far has worked with all 8888 and half leds as this is the common problems seen by most with an original unit my freinds was completely dead just a flicker of led when fliped on after being off for hours, but is now working like a champ.

how toooo.

#1 turn off your unit and leave it off for a while from 5 minute to 4 hours,

#2 open loader 2 or loader one , or hyperterminal my favorite (personally)

#3 connect your veiwsat to the power with switch turned of in the rear,

#4 open up the loader hit transfer or PC-STB ,

#5 flip your back swith on your receiver to power on let it complete ,

#6 load your channel list and latest PGM and watch TV ,

although this maynot work on all receivers i have found through my test and other aswell it works great with OEM receivers that have been affected by the clonekills of late,

Again this is not for clones and will not help you in any way,
Mods feel free to delete this file if you find it completely uneccisary but it has helped me and others in this now since i have recently had an original to die or atleast what most would concider dead , this has been scanned with norton and there is no virus in it , feel free to check it out and approve it for the members of the forum ,

anyway here is the file and good luck to all that uses it i hope it helps you as much as it has me ,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us