WEIRD DiseqC SWITCH PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Rohitkamahi

Post Number: 32
I have been having trouble with my switch lately. It was working fine even yesterday.I have two dishes pointed at 110 and 121. Sat 110 is connected to #1 and 121 is connected to #3.When I try to switch a channel from 121 to 110, it doesn't seem to work.However, when I do the other way around, meaning from 110 to 121, 121 works just fine.The bottom line, there is problem with 110. By the way, it was raining last night and my switch has 4 slots - that is to say 2 slots are open. Could it be because of the rain that probably went inside of two open slots causing the switch to malfunction? By the way, I have tried all sorts of different things such as turning off the receiver and turning it on. Also, I changed around differnt slot such as #2,#4. Surprisingly, when I remove the 110 connection from the switch and after leaving it like that for a while, I reconnect it back 110 seems to function. But, as soon as I switch to 121 and try to go back to 110, sat 110 stops working. I would like to know if the switch is damaged because of the rain and have to replace it. If the problem is something is else please let me know how I can fix the problem. Thanks a lot in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

Post Number: 54
Do u have a Dish 500 by any chance?

Username: Lion_cing

Post Number: 7
I have the same problem and I'm using Dish 500 (119) and 300 for (148)
Any recomendation

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Ryerson,
By Dish 500 if you mean 119 - No. I don't have 119. Only 110 and 121.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4859
Spend $7 an buy a new switch, they go bad often..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4860
Also all switches should be kept out of the weather... plastic tupperware container works great!

Bronze Member
Username: Dave_singh

Post Number: 49
LK
i have the same problem,my 110 singal say
119 , please let me know if this is the switch or singal problem with the dish

Gold Member

Post Number: 4876
process of elimination...my crystal ball is shut off today...its NFL football games day (beer and wings)

BTW...halftime now ...Patriots 14 - Buffalo 3

Bronze Member
Username: Spike52

Post Number: 17
21 3 now LK go Pats!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4880
Blowout! 28-6... Patriots win Big Time!..yes Go Pats!

BTW...sorry for hijacking the thread but NOBODY listens here anyway!..ITS A CHAOTIC FREE FOR ALL HERE!

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 825
LOL!....

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 826
BTW it can also be the LNB going bad has happened to me in the past.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4882
Yes there are numerous possibilities...switch, LNB, cables, connections, receiver settings, even the receiver can cause that, etc..but switch is most likely the culprit based on his post..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
I have no idea what happened to my switch.But it's working fine right now. The problem has been solved automatically.This time I have wrapped the switch with plastic covers so that it won't get affected by the bad weather.Like I said it's really weird and this is the first time it has happened to me.

Silver Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 159
I wrap my switches in plastic and then bind it with duct tape.

Remember that any water that gets inside will mean trouble.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us