Blind scan - sat scan

Silver Member
Username: Jdq

Post Number: 153
whats the difference between blind scan and normal sat scan?

Username: Peruil

Post Number: 1
blind scan picks up the transponders

Bronze Member
Username: Fidarahman

Post Number: 74
There is a pre recorded channel list in your box.There can be a channel list which you create with channel master and load it into your box. Sat scan picks the second list of channels loaded by you. Blind scan picks all thosr channels loaded by the factory in the box at that time.

Bronze Member
Username: Fidarahman

Post Number: 75
There is a pre recorded channel list in your box.There can be a channel list which you create with channel master and load it into your box. Sat scan picks the second list of channels prepared/ loaded by you. Blind scan picks all those channels loaded by the factory in the box at that time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
So which is better.Having hard time understand , sorry.and thanks for reply

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4909
huh?..talk about "winging" it...sat scan does NOT grab a 2nd channel list inputted by U...many people don't even use channel lists..sats scan grabs the satellites U pick and blind scan grabs all the satellites it can..

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 657
Two break it down evern further - Blind Scan looks at the sat to determine what transponders are available and then scans them.

Sat scan pretty much scans the sat based on pre-loaded information about the sat trasnponders (normally done by factory). Since transponders are changed and/or updated often, this is why you do a blind scan to get all available channels (well transponders that is).

Now I may be wrong, but this is what my testing has shown.

Don't hurt me too bad LK, just from testing... LOL

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4921
thats a better explanation than mine...LOL..and in some weird way, all these answers are correct..it is a bit confusing..yes there are channels and sats preloaded at the factory...yes U can do both, upload a channel list with channel master program and perform a sat scan...yes TP and sat changes ofter occur...lets just say that blind scan is most efficient..

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
Thanks, that answers it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us