Need help to set up Pansat 2500 clone

Username: Happy_hopping

Post Number: 2
I got the following from the archieve section dated Feb. 22, 2005:

[quote]9. Then on the receiver got to installation, then antenna setup (all passwords are always 0000).
Select satellite you want on the left pain. (Dish Network is E8.6 the 110W satellite and E7 is the 119W satellite. Still in antenna setup (on the rite pane) set LNB to "Standard" and freq to 11250. (This MUST be done to receive a QUALITY signal from the Satellite). Select transponder (TP) #11 for 110 (Echo 8.6) or #17 for 119 (Echo 7) (whichever you are looking for). (This MUST be done). Now leave the receiver on this screen while you set up the dish. [/quote]

I done the above, except TS #17 doesn't work for me (no quality) so I picked #19.

I only get 10 - 15 chnl. d*sh on Echo 7 and zero on Echo 8.6.

I also get a bunch of 'no signal' canadian chnl. which seems to be over lap from be*l.

It seems pansat 2500 doesn't recognize my satelite dish.

I have my sys. as "D*sh 500:
Switch is DP-Twin

Input 1 is Sate. 119, Device Twin, polarity All
Input 2 is Sat. 110, device Twin, polarity All

LNB status: direct connect to DP Twin, DP Twin 1, 119, Even, Odd, 110, Even, Odd

I know my satelite is fine as I have been using it w/ a 301 receiver for 2 years. The above info was typed out from my 301 receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Dancuban

Post Number: 48
i was told the twin dp lnb don't work with the pansat 2500a clones, could be wrong.i was trying to use one with my 2500a too and got nothing. your best bet would be to buy 2 dish net lnbs, point them to the sats of your choice, do a blind scan and watch tv.Upload

Post Number: 3
Why blind scan? Why not the regular scan?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4913
DP Twin LNBs do work with any FTA receiver!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4914
BUT they ONLY send out vertical signals which can be received by all FTA's..

Post Number: 4
So, is there a trick to it? I was told that Pansat 2500 only work with 1 satelite at a time. So I should only pick echo 7 or 8.6, not both.

But the archieve in this forum said 7 and 8.6. And I do know from experience that D*sh network is so large that they need min. 2 satelites to hold all those channels.

Which is why the Switch 21 is there, it switch between the satelite.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4917
SW21 switches are NOT intended to be used with FTA receivers, but for Dishnet echosatr receivers..U cannot use them with Pansats, must use a disque switch..and U can have as many satellites as U want with FTA..

Username: Asifali418

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 9
hi i need help about pansat 2700 i can recived all channle on echo 1.2 ku i have 90 % single but i have only 150 channle i need pushtu channle and indain pakistan so waht i do thanks

Post Number: 5
[quote]SW21 switches are NOT intended to be used with FTA receivers, but for Dishnet echosatr receivers..U cannot use them with Pansats, must use a disque switch..and U can have as many satellites as U want with FTA.[/quote]

say I have one of those disque switch, should I do blind scan on Echo 4, or 7 or 8.6? Because the archieve said 7, someone else told me to use 4.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4927
Listen Happy, U really need to go to a reputable Dss site and read!...your question doesn't even make any sense!...

U have a satellite dish...it has LNB's...the LNB's actually receive the satellite signals , NOT the dish itself which is ONLY a BIG relector...U aim each LNB at a particular satellite of your choice...U can ONLY get 1 satellite per LNB ...Once u have your LNB's aimed correctly (U can have more than 1 depending on type and size of dish), then U scan those satellites that U have an LNB aimed at perfectly..the scan will store the channels fromn that satellite in space into your receiver...your receiver is then modified with bin files that decode the scrambled signals sent from Dishnet and Bev...then U enter or autoroll the "keys" that Dishnet or Bev has used to lock their signals ...then U setup your antenna LNB, frequency, port settings and tell your receiver what U have done and how U setup the LNBs, any switch and the cables...then U watch TV..

That is the 5th grade version of how this entire satellite hobby works!...so U figure out what LNBs and how many U want, how to aim them, and where to aim them...(hint...dishnet satellite 110 - echo 8.10 formerly echo 8.6, and satellite 119 - echo 7 are the most popular ones)...then do the scan based upon that!...www.lyngsat.com lists all the satellites, their frequencies, polariation, orbital position, channels etc..now if U don't understand this, then go read for about 10 hours and get a grasp of this first before U ask any more questions like U did here!...I really did just explain the entire process in the simplest of explanations!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us