Can someone please help!

Bronze Member
Username: Tinfish

Post Number: 51
my FLU was working fine with 279T. I upgraded the bin to 281T and now the receiver is frozen in ON. Doesnt respond to any remote control functions.

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 258
when hooked up to tv, does tv screen show anything?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
no it doesnt..just stays on "On" and no response. I was greedy trying to upgrade to a 281T when i had a perfect thing going. I'm trying to upload 279T back again but not v hopeful

Bronze Member
Username: Ouchi_collashi

Post Number: 68
If the thing is shot but gets a green light on the front use this file. boot_fta_60_1021_ver04.bin and load it as a boot file. Then flash it with the factory bin. Load as an api file.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
thanks Ouchi! where do get this file? and when would i find the factory bin? whn u say load as an api file do u mean flash?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Good luck finding it i can't anymore but have the files. Do you have any email address? You need the boot file. It's 64 kilobytes. The factory bin should be easy to find. Fix Knight Rider problem on ULTRA :

Use the Fortec 'Updater.exe' program

boot_fta_60_1021_ver04.bin (load as a boot file)
Al7bar FTA Ultra_040408_229_api (load as an api file)

Now load the Al7bar FTA UlTra lastest fix (load as an api file) Only the boot file loads as a boot file. The rest or the factory bin just load as you would flash it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
Ouchi. I managed to do wat u suggested. I loaded the boot file, loaded the old factory bin. The receiver goes past On and shows a channel. Of course all the channels are scrambled since it is a factory bin. Now when i load the new bin, 279T or 281T it is back to square one where it gets stuck on 'On'.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
Did you load any channel list before you flashed it with 281T? Don't load any channel lists.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
No, I didnt load any channel list. after loadking boot_Al7bar FTA Ultra_ver61_040515.bin as boot. I flash Lifetime Ultra_050519_272_api(NTSC).bin. After this step, everything looks good meaning the receiver looks to have some life. I can scroll up and down tho it all comes up as scrambled, the user interface is the old one. Now when I load 279T or 281T the receiver doesnt go past 'On'. TV screen is black and i cant do a darn thing. Weird isnt it? Thanks for trying to help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
Can it do anything just connected to a tv without the satellite feed?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Good thinking. I went along the same line of thinking hoping that i cud rectify all problems before connecting to satellite. But the limbo state happens well before. This is not a problem requiring jtag is it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
No if the factory bin works then there's no need to jtag it. Try deleting all the channels before you flash it with 281T.

Username: Andre99

Post Number: 1
is it down again?

Bronze Member
Username: Dancuban

Post Number: 41
Ouchi Collashi could it be the site he downloaded his file from has a little corruption in the upload. i had the same problem with a pansat 2500a but when i flash with the factory bin and 281t evetything was fine, it even auto roll. try this site for your download an see if that helps. you may have to sign up. http://www.curious-contraptions.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 206
Guys,

I'm telling for the last and final time! Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra are not safe with 281T. 30% of receivers are working with it and 70% are not working with bin 281T. The safe bin is 279T and 280T only.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Guys thanks a lot. I think I fixed it. After loading the 272 bin. I went in the menu and set it to factory settngs. This deleted all the channels i had scanned. Now i'm rescanning and find its working. The only problem that i still have its that under Nagra 2, for provided 0101, there is room just for one key either 00 or 01, I have to set it to whichever is active. BTW, the bin im usng is 281T. Thank youall very much for helping me thru this.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
How does one create an entry for 2 keys with 281T? Is there a special menu for creating these?

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 207
Tin Fish,

Don't download bin 281T. Go to www.download-dssnetwork.co.nr and download the bin 280T for your receiver. It's safe and working fine with EPG fix. Bin 281T is not good in my opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4844
Tin...once U sucessfully upload bin 281T, that FLU becomes a pansat 2500 clone and should have lines for BOTH the keys...U upload the keys as if it were a Pansat 2500..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
LK..I'm happy with I have got now. But what is happening is very strange. When i got back home from being away a week, i went into Nagra 2 to update the key and found FFFF..in all the fields. There wasnt even a DN provider entry. I had to create one with 0101, but it allows only only one key 00 to be created. This case persists even after uploading 281T. Im getting around this by entering the active key and changing the key to either 00 or 01 as appropriate.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us