My receiver can flash only with Windows XP Home and doesnt flash on XP Professional? HELP!!!

Silver Member
Username: Banej

Post Number: 127
I have a little problem my FLU only flashes with Microsoft Windows XP HOME and wont flash on PROFESSIONAL. Has anyone been able to flash their unit on XP Professional? If so what loader did you use becasue i tried bL Updater 1.3 and 1.4

Silver Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 214
the biggest problem ive heard of with xp is comport settings check those and mabee try a diff port

Silver Member
Username: Jenifer_contreras

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 352
I got XP Professional,it was a problem with speed setting on COM PORT,after correction no problem, flow very smooth!

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Smarcus76

Post Number: 258
i have a windows xp professional and i have no problems flasing the bin..

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4796
All computers and OS must be set at the settings posted above..nice posts here by all..even in the DTV days, same settings were required..

Bronze Member
Username: Ouchi_collashi

Post Number: 61
This must be a put-on right? You are the only person in existance who has this problem? The settings jenifer is showing are the default settings when you install windows xp professional. My advice is go out and buy a quality cable as your question is not a believable one.

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 353
Ouchi Collashi, the default settings always like this:
Upload
try to click ''restore default'',you will see !

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 354
Look bane j! if you say your FLU only flashes with Microsoft Windows XP HOME,so then do this...
1.On both comps open Com. Port Properties and make XP PRO setting the same as XP Home...it should work 100%.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4797
Many people have had this problem..it is not a come on..Jennifer is right, about the default and needed settings..

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
tried everything guys still no success. I have one HP with XP Professional and Dell XP Home. On Neither one of those works. My friend has a Dell older version with XP Home and I've been able to flash it there with no problem whatsoever.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4804
U must be using a USB port...try them all...and U will need a USB adapter and drivers installed..and some computers with USB ports will NOT accept any FTA receivers, no matter what U do..FTA wqs intended for computers with SERIAL ports..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4805
Also U need to use a STRAIGHT , NOT null modem cable...but U must already be doing that if it works on other computers..its definitely a computer issue..

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
thanks LK. Yea im already using Straignt cable and it worked on my friends Dell but i just dont get it how it wont work on my dell or on my hp

Gold Member

Post Number: 4808
all the info is here in this thread..there is NO more that can be told to U..read this thread again..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
There should never ever be any need to switch from 9600 bits per second to 11500 bits per second. Buy a real straight through 232 cable and flash it right when you turn on the receiver and see the niterider lights on the display.

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
i see the nightrider light every time when i press write it shows 0 precentege and after 5 to 10 seconds it says "WRITE FAILED ER 1"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
Get a cable from mycableshop.com your cables obviously don't work properly. Ps they were made in china but i've yet to hear about even a one that doesn't work properly. I've heard mumbo jumbo about using the next highest port setting but seriously even in dos you can flash something.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
Use Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
thats what im using i also tried BL Updater 1.3 and G.T rom loader 3.32

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 361
Bane,go to microsoft.com and update yours comp.
or check out antivirus and firewall setting.Some times this two "...." blocks any access to the ports!

Username: Ajtech

Post Number: 4
Hi Bane,

When you state that the flash works with XP Home, but not XP pro, are we talking about the same computer here?

You may have a bum serial port on the XP pro machine if they are two different machines.

Try the following:

1. Do you have another serial device that you can test the port with - if so do so and verify proper operation.

2. Check the computers BIOS and make sure that the port is not disabled. If the port is disabled in the BIOS and you have PnP OS set to 'yes' the serial port will be detected by XP (any flavour) but it will not work. This differs from system manufacturer to manufacturer. I have seen numerous different BIOS options for serial ports including -null modem port-.

3. Delete the com port in device manager and then right click on the computer name at the top of the list and choose 'scan for hardware changes' - if it does not redetect the port then the port is no good or disabled in the BIOS.

4. Make sure that you do not have another device or application that is trying to use the com port you have connected to your box.

Good luck,

Andy

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
thanks aj tech but its two computers that im talking about. my dell already runs surge protector from the seraial so i disconnected the surge protector and connected my receiver. and still no luck. another weird thing happened yesterday when i took my receiver to my fraiends house to flash it with the new 281T bin. Well when it completed i took the receiver home, turned it on, and when i when to info it showed the information of the old bin (279T) which doesnt auto roll. This has never happened to me before. why did it do this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us