HOW TO SETUP TWO RECEIVERS ON ONE LNB !!

Silver Member
Username: Pannu16

Post Number: 248
i have only one output in my LNB, tryin to connect two receivers, used a splitter but it does not work, i dont get signals wen i connect thru splitter, wat shud i do???

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 643
You need a dual LNB. One LNB - Two Outputs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 250
just igured out everything, just hookd up and i have two receivers now. it was cold outside but still managed to hook up everything, watchin tv now!!

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4765
So U are saying, U changed your single LNB to a DUAL or Twin or Quad LNB and now U are all set, correct?..

heres a little tidbit that might help some in the future..

Remember..

single LNB...receives ONLY 1 satellite signal and has 1 output to ONLY 1 receiver

Dual.....receives ONLY 1 satellite signal but has 2 outputs for 2 receivers

TWIN....has built in switches..receives 2 sats AND has 2 outputs for 2 receivers

Ouad... same as Twin but has 4 outputs for 4 receivers

Silver Member

Post Number: 253
Thanx for ur continued support LK, i just went close to my lnb and it had 2 out puts but lk i am planning to setup dishnetwork english and PPV on echo 7 too!! so do i have to buy a new dish. if i do how will i set it up. How will i find exactly right direction towards echo 7. Casnu guide me please?? any internet site u want me to refer.??

Gold Member

Post Number: 4768
No need for a new Dish...just buy another LNB and attach it to present LNB...its called a "poormans dish"...U will simply have to realign the new LNB..echo 7 = 119 and echo 8.10 = 110 satellite are very close, so LNB's will be very close (presuming U are pointed at 110 now)...read the FTA "Hardware" and "dish pointing" areas of DSScommunity forums for help with alignment..

Upload

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
yea but LK i have my LNB at echo 3 which is 61.5, so wat shud i do in thats case!!

And also if i goto echo 7 and echo 8 setup!! will i still get all my echo 3 channels!!
Thanx again LK!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 257
LK i'll be waitin for ur answer buddy!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4770
Its a far stretch (almost 60 degrees) from 61.5 (echo 3) to 119 (echo 7 ) as U want..thats not going to happen with your present dish..

so in summary. If U have a 18 or 20 inch dish now with a DUAL LNB and receiving the 61.5 sat,and if U want more CHANNELS, I would realign the 61.5 to 110 or 119W....if U want more SATELLITES, then ADD another dish with a DP Twin LNB aimed at the 110 and 119 and combine all 3 sats (61.5, 110, 119) by running a cable from EACH dish to a disque switch and then your receiver..and if U want 2 receivers also, then run 2 cables from each LNB to 2 different disque switches and then to each receiver..

Bronze Member
Username: Pep

Post Number: 37
TWO RECEIVER IN ONE LNB
Its possible and it works by using your "loop out"of your rcvr.

Username: Darkk

Post Number: 2
LK help me iam not getting my internation channels i don't know why but i have two desh on the roof but i been doing blind secreen and not getting those channels....help me LK

Silver Member

Post Number: 259
Shazil this thread is not bout it, all u gotta do is change diseqc number. but please post in correct thread!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 261
answer

Silver Member

Post Number: 265
still waiting for answers

Silver Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 157
Pannu, maybe I read wrong, but I thought that LK answered you. You need a second dish if you want more than 1 satellite AND the 2 satellites are very far apart.
The 2 lnb / 2 satellites / 1 dish set up is usually for 110 & 119 because they are only 9 degrees apart.

Another dish is cheap. If you look around you could even get one free.

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
Thanx jrq. So i'll do this then. but 61.5 and 119 are same programming right.

And how will i b able to find that i am receiving signals from those 2 sattelite, do i have to buy sattelite finder or i just hit and try.
Any way of finding right elevation and exact direction.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4801
All Reputable DSS sites have Dish pointing install tips and calculators...basically aim towards Mexico..

here use this.. (remove the * in the link)
http://www.dsscentral.n*et/dishtips/

Silver Member

Post Number: 270
thanx again lk

Username: Ranjha

Post Number: 9
Lk or anyone else who can help me that will be very nice...Thankyou

i have fortec ultra reciever which is hooked up with Two Satellite with two DUAL LNB and the satellite wut i have right now they are Echo 6.8 and Echo 3ku,both satellite are working fine right now..
NOw i got another Single LNB which i want to hook it up right beside 6.8...so i can reciever Echo 7ku signal..i want to know if i try doing that i will recieve signal or No ????? just lil confused about it..so wanna to make sure would it work or no..

Post Number: 10
anyone can help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gold Member

Post Number: 4852
If using 1 small dish, U say U already have echo 3 (61.5) and echo 6.8 (which is actually 8.10 -(110)..that's GREAT u can get BOTH those sats which is so far apart (almost 50 degrees)...consider yourself LUCK and unheard of normally..the echo 7 ( 119) sat is so close to the 110 that U should have NO problem...I'm still awed that U can get echo 3 with echo 8 on a small dish..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
well i got two satellite one for echo 3 and the other one for echo 8..anyways so ur saying that it will work..i will try tomorrow and will post here if it working for me or no thanks alot Lk for ur help

Silver Member

Post Number: 292
LK, does echo3 and echo 6.8 have same programming??
i am refering to 61.5 w and 119W.
do they both have same programing!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Ustaad_hc

Post Number: 40
go to this site and find out yourself.

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/61-5list.htm

Gold Member

Post Number: 4861
heer..why do U have to be like that...I tried to help U...don't expect much help here now..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
ok i got it working Lk.. thanks alot.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4879
pannu...echo 6.8 has ALWAYS been the 110 satellite and was renamed to Echo 8.10 many months ago...it was NEVER the 119 satellite , which is echo 7..

BTW...renaming the echo 6.8 to "Echo 8.10" will bring in more channels also on the 110..but U can call it anything U want, cause it (LNB on roof dish) really needs to be aligned CORRECTLY to whatever satellite U really want, or NO channels or less and limited channels will be available..!

Bronze Member
Username: Cbk

Post Number: 11
lk this is really weird because I get 61w 110 &119 but on my (c)oolsat reciever when I do the scan it is only showing 110 on the 61 w and the 119 do you follow me? I used to do installs for a living but its been awhile. I think his reciever is doing what mine is doing but I think both ours are just hitting on 110
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us