ON DEMAND Problem

Username: Rubyburns

Nashville, TN US

Post Number: 1
Just had the Motorola DCT3412 with digital service installed today. After the Comcast tech left, we tried to access On Demand but got "Communications Timeout - reference 207". We could access some of the information for a little bit of time but would get this code off and on when trying to do anything with On Demand - as in scrolling through movies, etc. Called Comcast and they did a "hit" (whatever that means) but that didn't work evidently because they scheduled a tech to come out tomorrow. Any insight?

Also, I read somewhere else to not turn the DVR off - is this correct?

Any other tips/hints concerning this DVR? Thanks!

Ruby

Username: Rubyburns

Nashville, TN US

Post Number: 2
Replying to myself since the problem has taken care of itself. Obviously, it was because information was being downloaded (or whatever they call it) after the installation of the new DVR and digital service. After I called Comcast and they scheduled a service call, the problem amazingly cleared up - I don't understand why they just don't tell you the TRUTH instead of scheduling service calls. Good grief.

Bronze Member
Username: 1movibuff

Post Number: 45
They schedule service calls because some problems don't go away on their own. Also-not you- but some customers insist on service calls, otherwise they feel like they are getting "the run around" if they are told the problem will just go away or that they need to give the guide time to download. You would be shocked to learn how many people insist on scheduling service calls to have a technician program their remote control or to show them how to change their tv back to channel 3.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us