FTA in IRAQ???? GI needs TV

Bronze Member
Username: Isojoid

Post Number: 16
Hi my name is Israel, and IM currently serving my 2nd deployment in Iraq, I used to have my viewsat extreme back at home and well used to enjoy free TV.. lol. I noticed that here in Iraq some people has FTA boxes and would like to know more info as to what system would work over here.. will my viewsat work? For sure its not echostar over here,, so whats the company...or are there any bins at all..Im currently at Baghdad Iraq, so any help will be greatly appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Minn_rock

Post Number: 457
Man,you're having war over there, and you still have time for FTA.LOL...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
I see you think its funny, but its not, and believe me, i barely sleep, so if i will die tomorrow i know at least i had as much fun as i could in this life... Its sad, but you wont believe whats going on right now, its ugly. my first time in 2003 we rolled down here in our doorless HMVVES and it was all cool, now not even the M-1A2 Abrahams or Ironclaws armor can stand the EFP's or exploxive form penetrators...as a matter of fact one of my buddies got his arm blown away yesterdday... so please dont judge us... we are here doing our jobs... so if you have anything that can help me i appreciate, if not,, o well..

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4749
The military has telecommunications experts there that can and do make television available, when possible..and of course televison is possible there..Armed Forces TV and radio probably also a a station there too specifically for military personnel..

Silver Member

Post Number: 458
I'm not juding you man,and i am not making fun of you either,and i have all the respects for what you guys doing over there..it just i never see anybody post asking about FTA over in Iraq that all..and about your FTA over there,i have no idea what need for your VS...sorry..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4750
Nobody is judging anybody..I personally doubt the validity of your post..all military personnel know there are MOS's and AFSC's along with SOP's (standard operating procedures) and a chain of command to use to meet requests such as yours...and the military and Iraq now have Taco Bell, McDonald's , BK, etc in Baghdad and television available in Iraq...all military personnel in Iraq is aware of that!

BTW...I am a retired LC from the military and has a son who has done 2 tours there...so I know about the military and Iraq, and whats available to U and other military personnel..a nd how U would go about getting things, that were NOT available... hell, the locals will hook U up with FTA for $5..so please stop the BS and using the military disguise..

Bronze Member
Username: Bjalt

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 76
Do you have a computer? do you have broadband internet in your quarters? do you know anybody that can set up an FTA in the states? An FTA behind a Slingbox and you might be all set. It just depends on the quality of your internet connection. If you have a 256k connection with at least 90% quality you should be able to watch and control a FTA box from Iraq with decent quality.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
look LK i really dont give a damn if you are an LTC retired.. and yes, we do have TACO bell MC donalds and Even Baskin Robins, Hell my quarters I cant complain, i have AC and everything, what do you want a picture? my mos is 96B intelligence analyst so you must know what that is. and believe me so if you are retired stay that way..there is a lot of change in the enemy's TTP's. oops it might not be updated in your acronym bullshit list so if you want to act smart on me by giving me army acronyms well do so, I really dont care... And them commo guys.. come on... experts..LOL you make me laugh...SINCGARS and LNCDS they probably know about them, but besides that,they are just newbies. Like eveything else in the Army... whats the name for it?? FM.. (field manual)?
TM (tactical manual) lol!!! so as i said my friend, believe me or not im here.. hell we might chat on messenger if you want! ...So again, yes we do have a lot of services, I even have internet in my room.. $60 buck a month.. and 'I was asking a legitimate question, so if you can help, post... if not then go to hell and let those who want to help do their stuff.
Thats why a lot of people dont like you, you can be smart, but you have no personnal skills whatsoever, ARAH (A real %%% Hole)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Bjalt. thank you for answering, i do have a computer and wireless internet in my room, most of the times it connects from 11mbps to 48mbps, so please instuct me on what to do so i can watch some TV, lol
I just have no clue on how to do that.. any help is appreciated

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
MINN ROCK dont worry man and im also sorry... so, peace...

Bronze Member

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 80
First do some reading here.

http://us.slingmedia.com/page/home

Bronze Member

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 81
The site in the states will need to have a good upload speed. Minimum 256. Don't bother getting the Slingbox Pro unless your stateside broadcast point has the required upload speed. Readup on the website to see what the Slingbox pro requires. The video quality with the regular Slingbox is pretty good but with a Slingbox Pro its about 4 times better. So you'll need a budy or family member in the states to set up an FTA. They will need a broadband connection. If they already have a broadband connection they probaby need to plan on upgrading it because the slingbox is an upload hog. it will hog the upload bandwitdh if there is not enough. Once the FTA is set up and the broadband is ready all you should have to do is install the Slingbox. One thing you need to check is whether the Slingbox will actually control the FTA box. the setup I've seen had the slingbox controling a TiVO and the Tivo was controling the FTA. The Pansat boxes seem to be the ones that regularly have bins tweeked for TIVO control. But Slingbox may control a FTA directly. Only one person can log in and watch TV at a time. But since you can't watch 24 hours a day you could rent out the periods when you couldn't watch to offset part of your costs.

Bronze Member
Username: Robin_hud

Post Number: 36
You have internet, FTA experiences, VS.... HMM, why don't you try to get info from some people in Iraq who have FTA boxes and figure out for us? After you figure out, you could add new satellites, make configuration, scan and enjoy FTA over there. I am pretty sure you will have bunch of Arabic channels, but, also, some European's very good channels (CNN, ZDF, SAT-1, RTL, Premiere, etc). Here is no fix for Globecast (Telestar 5ku) right now, and this is a possible option for U to watch FTA channels over there. Let us know. STAY SAFE!

Silver Member
Username: Dude123

Post Number: 366
isr
totally agree with you man
LK is the only one who has problems with everyone first it was Nalin then he attacked ME and now its YOU that guy has some attitude problem even though he is retired but still has a 3 year old brain, LK you should go check out a psychatric you psyco!

Bronze Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

Post Number: 39
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 660
Hey isr, I'm sorry I can't be of much help to you, but I'd just like to say that all the people I know support you guys over there! I have lots of friends and family there and all of you have my utmost respect. God be with you and come home safely.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Miguel03

Tucson

Post Number: 86
Hey isr, try locating this satellite Arabsat 2A, orbital position is at 26.0E. I see that Kuwait is there which if you are familiar with Al Jaber is pretty close to Iraq. Here is this link that might help you. Now I don't know if you will get anything with your viewsat, but you never know. Here is the list of frequecies, that I found.

http://www.satmania.com/eng/satchannels/26_0e/arabsat_2a

Gold Member

Post Number: 4751
hey this is BS...some guy posts crap about being in Iraq, which I do NOT believe (I was there in 1991 and we had TV THEN and did all the logistics for the guys up until 2000)and am still a consultant for the Dept of Defense...they have TV!...so lets stop the BS...as I said earlier FTA started in the Middle East and Europe many years ago (1983)...so U can try to BS a Bullshi*tter all U want but your post is 100% bogus!...there has been TV available to U for many year BEFORE U even knew how to spell Iraq! ,...and nobody is more supportive to the troops than me...U are a disgrace to yourself by even implying U are military personnel...anyone who has been in the military knows what I am saying is 100% TRUTH!...its sad that U would play on our sympathys just to get TV, from wherever U REALLY are..Do U really believe that the military CANNOT get U TV, and needs to resort to a cheesy satellite message board to get TV....anybody who believes that needs their head examined! ...hell I was in Nam also many years ago and we had TV!...U must think we all retarded, and U are a bored lonely person!...definitely NOT a soldier!

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 641
Being retired military myself I can say one thing for sure "AFRTS" "Armed Forces Radio and Televisio" Network. Yes it is available EVERYWHERE there is military presence. And yes, I have been to the middle east on numerous occasions. More then I care to count and one thing I know for sure is that when it come to Quality of Life, the military does it's best to make sure it's servicemembers "where ever they are" have something to do on what little spare time they may have.

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 642
Now that being said, if you are there, God Speed, but you may want to say that you'd like to hook up FTA for you, not because you don't have anything to watch, but because you want more.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Hey. ok lets round it up...look LK man... I told you already, I dont care if you believe me or not. I really dont... and as I said.. we do have TV, wich by the way is satellite, but we dont have it in our rooms,, and that what I want to know... if I could get my FTA sent to me here and, If I would be able to watch Free TV over here. IN MY ROOM... not in the MWR (morale welfare and recreation) I have to explain to you like I do to my 3 yr old over DSN. lol. Dude right now im stationed at Camp Liberty, Iraq, so please dont make a fool out of yourself, and if you think im not military, so be it! what difference does it make?? ASk your self this very stupid question... why would an idiot like me claim to be over Iraq, just to watch free TV?... just think about it... sounds idiotic dont it? Well believe me or not... Im here and really makes no difference what you think... And PRFRMNJ... yes the military tries to make life over here as comfortable as possible for us soldiers. As for you LK... I think you need help, you are just one lonely, old, little man, that has no life but to get on his computer and play the smart guy, because in real life you are one of those nerds that have no real confidence in themselves... LOL by the way the 5th ENG BN is going Home soon... for those of you that have family members over here, their advance party will arrive at Ft Leonardwood MO, in 2 days... and for those of you that support the US troops god bless,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
http://profiles.yahoo.com/isojoid this is my yahoo profile so if you want to add me as a friend...LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 4759
isr...U NEVER once mentioned that U had TV there, especially satellite..re-read your posts here!...U implied and painted a VERY different picture, especially with your original post...now U are tring to backtrack..

as an alleged military "intelligence" man, your memory should be much sharper and would NOT have forgotten that important detail..and your communication skills would have been much clearer!...and once again I say to U, military personnel are very resourceful, and would simply tap into the existing satelite or have a "local" hook up FTA for U and at least give U ANY info U need for $5...

and as a alleged Viewsat owner and user "back home" who has internet in his room and daily access to DSS sites, U would already know these answers..of course FTA works there (as U have already seen yourself) and there are no bins for U..as U would know, the bins here are ONLY for DN and Bev..if U are a example of our "military intelligence" , thats scary!...I still do NOT believe one word U say..too many untruths,info forgotten to mention, misleading posts, use of this cheesy site, lack of basic FTA knowledge, lack of use of available resources there etc, tell me U are NOT what U say..

People do NOT want to challenge your authenticity because U use the US military as your shield, but I do 100%, because I know better...

BTW...as a soldier U learn to be a team and depend on your fellow troops...U can sleep/relax/internet etc in your own room as U stated, but are now too good to watch TV in the "day aka rec" room with your fellow soldiers?...I wouldn't want a soldier like U "watching" my back!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4760
If U are a true soldier, U have a military email address there and writing address...provide them!...that is NOT private military info!...it can be made public here..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Right.. like im that dumb and im going to give you my military address...lol
you got to be just dumb...
An LTC... yes probably, you sound arrogant and foolish, that's what gets troops killed. Yo are probably an ROTC cardboard officer! LOL.
Ill tell you this my adress has my last name a dot, my first name, and ends like this @us.army.mil
"Even the greatest military mind aint no challenge to a monkey with a Gun"
Ill have to go now have to do my shift,, so LK you can post your crap here for about 13 hours... ill be back and continue kicking your behind some more, everytime making you look like a hard headed Dumb little guy!! Cracks me Up!
A wise guy listens, while the fool talks... so go ahead, Mr...F O S%%%

since you are so smart...
next time ill throw in a few pictures of me sitting on a camel, how about that!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4777
Posting your email addy is not going to get U killed!..our local newspapers publish them along with written address, so the troops get correspondence from people here back home...so cut your BS!...and any active duty personnel would NOT show disrespect to an Officer, retired or active!...U are NOT slick at all, anybody can go on the internet and get the .army.mil extension which can apply to anything/anyplace army!...A civilian janitor at an Army Reserve building in Hawaii, would have that email extension..

I have asked U, with a safe way, to prove your authenticity which U have refused to do!...U are a fake!... and sitting on camel pic, please , thats original and "fool proof!...LMAO...kid go play and when U grow up someday, maybe U might be privileged enough to serve in the armed forces!..I'm done with U...go blow smoke up somebody'e else azz that gullible and naive..

I have exposed U 100% as a fake,U had a chance to prove yourself and U naturally had to decline because we all would have discovered beyond ANY doubt that U are a fake!...

BTW...I still have many friends in military high places and your actions here are violations of the UCMJ..but what do U care, you are a civilian!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Im cracking up! hehe, well you are trying to scare me off by saying that bull #### of "Friends in High Places" LMAOL... my God! look my authenticity will be proven to you, ill swear, and officers need to earn their respect! because you manage machines, but command people, i will take a picture of me tomorrow and you tell me what you want me to write in a piece of paper,, i will do so, and then I will post a link of that picture to publicaly embarrass you. Im sick of your bullcrap, and remember that it was you who started this idiotic discussion, so Im telling you now tell me what you want on that paper and I will take myself a picture, along with my M-203 just so you know im not a civilian.
If I prove you wrong then I want a public apology, or just your silence shall be enough... ok... im waiting

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
By th way tell me what was my violation of the USMJ?? let me know ok... This is getting old

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
sorry UCMJ

Gold Member

Post Number: 4798
NO picture can prove authenticity!...I was originally an enlisted recon combat photog and any pic can be easily edited, especially today with puters ( hell, I can make Shaq ONeil 3 feet tall and walking on the moon....LOL) .....ONLY your PUBLIC email addy and mailing address can verify autheticity..!...like I said I'm done with U, until U can provide what I asked..ANY pics and other talk is BS!

and again...a military person can easily use the resources available to them such the military telecommunications personnel and "locals"... truely are military

Silver Member
Username: Anam

Post Number: 117
so obvious "isr" is actually that Oleg fuckface
posting from Uzbekystan

BTW....if I had Ryerson's skills, I would post a pic
of that monkey riding a fu*ckin camel.

Silver Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 158
I've said it many times before: sometimes these boards can get better than PPV.
I can hardly wait for the next round.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
israel.crespoflores@us.army.mil

and my address:

SFC Crespo Israel
4th Infantry Division
G-2 Detachment(AS)
APO AE 09364
HAPPY NOW? THERE IS MY FREAKING ADDRESS YOU %#$#@#@$ and you know what you can su%k my D**k any time!
Ok, now send me a care package ok... some cookies will be alright...

c%Ck S$Ck#r!!!!! LK you S#CK

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause - who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Now since I can come here and post only after im out of my shift let me tell you something... I believe that you are a fake, for what I see all you do is copy and paste others work and take the credit as its yours, LOL, well seems like you have a smart comment for everything other people say, and.. in everything you are the subject matter expert.. huuum... some thinking, so you are also a martial arts expert? I would love to see that... and you are an Engineer? what else a doctor...?? and I forgot.. a retired LC... and BTW its LTC not LC. So now I'm here, and I believe that you are a FAKE!!!! LOL Amuse us with your many talents! If we do a reverse chronology of everything you have done I think you ought to be a WW1 retired, or almost 100 yrs old... SO people wake up! LK is full of #@#$, and to be honest the man knows his stuff, I mean he knows about FTA's and I respect that, but as a person you su%k you are no bett%r than dirt.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
hey Ryerson, I must tell you.. thats great... lol, I showed the pics to my buddies and now im officialy the CamelMan...
Great Humor man, Im cracking up!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Thank u Israel,

I'm not American, and I played a significant role in trying 2 avoid U.S. soldiers being in Iraq. I'm not anti-American but have opposed ur country's foreign policies for as long as I've been alive.

That being said, I respect and admire those who are well-intentioned. I hope u and ur fellow soldiers stay safe and that the Iraqi people will one day have the peace they deserve.

I wish there was a magical solution for that mess, but this is the dilemma with Pandora's box, isn't it? I think the magical pill comes in the way of intellectual self-defense.

I hope that when u do finish ur tour, u will think about playing a part in sharing ur experiences & attained cultural knowledge 2 enlighten others.

Do u listen 2 music over there? May I suggest Supertramp's Logical Song, or Bruce Sprinsteen's Born in the U.S.A.? Or maybe even Working Class Hero by John Lennon...these lyrics may help u find "humanity" during ur darkest hours.

I hope u will one day, be assigned 2 help those who are begging and praying for intervention, such as in Darfur....

Oh yeah, before i get in trouble for trolling, how's ur TV signal search going? ;)

PS: I'll give u the benefit of the doubt, and assume ur in Iraq....and if ur not, u still are ;)

Again, stay safe, & Godspeed.

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Rufa33

Post Number: 202
Ryerson very nice touching words dude. I do agree with you. The whole Iraq SciFi is just another agenda. isr should never been there. The whole thing is just a big mass. Some peopel do the sh*t and some others live that every single day, not willing but it's their job. I wish you come safe man.

LK don't take their words to hurt your feelings. Whatever you are, or what have you been. If you can help the people here that what it counts. I think you learned now that everybody is entitled to his opinion. You took it little too much with this guy though, I know you dont' mean it.

This guy got enough stress from his (Mission Impossible III). He doesn't even care about his life,, funny when he said " so if you can help, post... if not then go to hell and let those who want to help do their stuff" ... who will go to hell first ? Funny and sad ... don't wish death to anybody ... it comes faster to you than others! ....

Just to mention there is many channels are avialble over Iraq, the people are watching it. Mostly are in Arabic. You can look at the houses roofs and find the dirction that is been directed to. Or ask any local he will show you, but I don't think it will be a good idea to do that for the current situation.

Silver Member
Username: Totaldikguy

Post Number: 251
I used to participate here a lot...
But sometimes, things go crazy for extending help, as well as looking for an answer to questions I may have...So it's been quite sometime since my last post. I still visit the site, but rarely participated.
A simple question that sometimes turns into BIG discussion...Why?
Wouldn't it be nice to answer questions if it is helpful, than responding with a criticism? Better yet, NOT to say a word, if nothing good to say to a fellow?

A simple message to you isr,
GODSPEED, & BE SAFE...GOD BLESS YOU, AND YOUR FELLOW SOLDIERS, AND TO YOUR FAMILIES BACK HOME...
Prayers from FTA'ers

Silver Member
Username: Totaldikguy

Post Number: 252
Copy & Paste From Ryerson
-Modified, he-he-he ...
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 669
Bin Laden is in front of the guy with the orange shirt and blue jeans...lol

Username: Feild_of_honor

Post Number: 1
I've been lurking on this board for months and never saw the need to post prior to this but there clearly is an injustice here. LK called isr a liar. isr posted his email and address openly on a forum in his defense (something I would have not done) and LK has had 4 days to verify that address and apparently has not done so. The ball is squarely in your court LK. You have been called onto the field of honor. You called isr a liar and asked him to post his addresses. He complied. If you do not respond to his compliance of your request and verify his addresses then you are a coward sir. Don't even bother to aurgue the point there are not ifs ands or buts about it. If they are authentic and you do not apologize then you are not a gentleman.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
"Bin Laden is in front of the guy with the orange shirt and blue jeans"

Quick, someone call Georgie W....lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 4958
JS...I gave a guy a chance to prove himself..and he reples that he can't...and I reply back that he can cause its public info and posted all over the newspapers and internet, then he go goes and verifies what I told him (which a TRUE soldier would already know)...and then makes public info PUBLIC here.... do U think I would believe him? hell I can tell U I'm in Iraq too, how gullible are U, and wait 4 -5 days and post it finally, after checking the internet foe "Iraq mailing adresses..

BTW...his email addy is NOT correct!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4959
That email could be in Japan,Hawaii,Germany or a reservist in Chicago!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Hey LK, im done with you...now you are in Iraq? well prove it... See, in reality it doesnt matter, by the way im located in PAD 13 FOB Liberty Iraq,, just if you want to pay me a visit! but right now im way to busy with the DUSTWUN.. and since you are an LTC you know what
I mean... anyways, I found out that the same company thats providing my internet is going to set up TV as well so im happy!... HUMM.. and LK do you know where the GYM in Liberty is?> the Big one next to the Mess Hall?? I go there almost every day 2:30 morning

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Crippledwarcook

Post Number: 52
hey isr...don't let that fcuking idiot stick LK get under your skin...he's a compulsive liar with no morals...He's upset because his wife is a fat fcuking 300lb warhog who won't suck his little weiner anymore...He was a cook overseas for the military, that's it...fcuking fruitcakes...ROTF

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
LOL...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4996
hey kneegrows aka "crippled"...I must say it NOT nice to see U back...U are the one who has always dragged this site into the gutter!..WE all can see U haven't changed, ALWAYS telling lies and starting BS!... are the nurses on break now, or is it the guards allowed U puter privileges again?....actually I don't give a damn about U or your institution!

BTW...come see again at my site...I want to post your IP and name/address in public this time!...we have a new "get tough" policy there for losers and azzholes like U!...

Bronze Member

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 82
I sent isr (to the email address he posted) the instructions and login credintials to login to my slingbox here in the states so he could enjoy some of the TV he requested at the inception of this thread. I sent the instructions from a hard email address and not through the forum. I've not heard back from isr and have not noticed any activity on my slingbox. I'm going to have to call "BULLSHIT" on isr. I would think that he would at least would have sent me a message thanking me for the offer even if he didn't take me up on the offer. Take your bullshit somewhere else isr.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
ok BJALT,, look I just read your e mail as of today... and I will copy and paste it just as you wrote it ok? and by the way thanks to all of you who sent support messages, I really appreciate that... hey Bjalt heres your message, and by the way thanks...I barely check my AKO e mail, since I spend most of the time on the SIPPR net...
Cc
Bcc
Subject Slingbox

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm bjalt. I told you about the Slingbox at the beginning of the thread on ecoustics. You can try out my Slingbox.

Go to www.slingbox.com and click on the "US" site.

Hold your mouse over "support' and select "downloads"

Download Slingplayer 1.4

When the Slingbox directory dialog box comes up click "add"

Put the following in for Slingbox finder: 7FA6995D-8F52-CF40A41F-10D5-93EF892B

Put the following in for password: password

Click watch.

You will go though a one time series of tune up screens that will maximize video quality on your computer. Then you will get the video stream.

You should then be connected to my Slingbox which controls a TIVO which controls a Cable box in Atlanta, GA. I don't know if you know anything about TIVO so here is a quick primer. You get to the main TIVO menu by pressing the TIVO button at the top center of the remote control. From there you can select recorded shows "now playing" or you can watch "live TV". If you are watching live TV the remote pretty much works like any remote for changing channels and such. If you get lost in the TIVO screens you can always press the TIVO button to get back to the main TIVO menu. If the channels start changing by themselves it means someone in my house (my wife does not work) is watching the TV and has taken control of the TV. Please don't fight her for control of the channels.

When you are channel surfing there will be a lag between the time you push the button and the time the channel changes. You can minimize this lag by selecting the "slingbox" drop down menu and selecting "control mode". This should make the channels change a little faster but with decreased video quality. Once you get to what you want to watch you should turn control mode off so you get maximum video quality.

Feel free to play around with the Slingbox for a day to give you an idea whether a Slinbox will work for you in Iraq. Then if it will either get someone in the states to set one up for you or if you like you can work something out with me where I set up a Slingbox for you in my house and we can work out some sort of monthly payment arrangement through paypal.

Let me know what you think about the Slingbox.

Hey Bjalt thanks a lot for the offer, and I did some reading into it, but looks kind of complicated for a dummy like me... can you please give me more details??? any ways no hard feelings, and now as you see my email was real.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5044
that is a generic email addy that applies to all military, regardless of where U are!....any military or veteran in the past 8 years knows that!....as I stated earlier, if he was a janitor in Chicago, he would still have the same email addy..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Bjalt I screwed up,,, I sent you an e mail,,, please read it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
LK if I was a Janitor in Chicago, I would have been banging that ugly wife of yours every day.. so $hut Th3 Fu#K OFF You aint no Officer,and now I say, (Active or Retired) and defenetly not a Gentleman...

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
Upload Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 5045
Ryerson U are right...I know 100% he no soldier in Iraq...I shouldn't even bother with him..he's a disgrace to the US and the military...the dude says he is very low ranking, a dummy, works in military intelligence, and doesn't have enough intelligence to hook up a FTA receiver or get someone to do it for him....geez, whats wrong with this picture!...

I'm done with the phony!..and disgusted with him.

Silver Member

Post Number: 519
Hey Ryerson, who is LK in that picture??the big black dude or the little blue dude??.LOL..

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
LK,,, YOU KNOW YOU ARE BECOMING MY ONLY ENTERTAINMENT AROUND, AND ILL TELL YOU WHAT... I DONT KNOW EVERYTHING, AND DEFENETLY IM NOT PRETENDING TO BE THE SMARTEST GUY ARROUND... LIKE YOU... IM JUST A REGULAR GUY, AND I DO MY JOB VERY WELL. THE FACT THAT I WORK IN THE MI FIELD DOESNT MEAN THAT IM A GENIOUS, AT LEAST I ACCEPT THAT... BUT IF YOU WANT TO GO TECHNICAL... WELL SHOOT!!! LOL,,, BTW IM VERY TIRED, BEEN WORKING MANY HOURS, THANKS TO ALL WHO SUPPORT THE US TROOPS, AND IF YOU DONT BELIEVE IM HERE, OHH WELL...AT LEAST HAVE THEM IN YOUR PRAYS. HE HAVE SUFFERED MANY LOSSES THIS MONTH. MANY FAMILIES WONT HAVE THEIR LOVED ONES FOR CHRISTMAS. SO BELIEVE ME OR NOT, MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. ILL JUST KEEP LOGIN IN HERE AND PUNISHING LK A LITTLE, SPECIALLY SINCE AFTER IM DONE WITH MY SHIFT, I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO, AND IT REALLY DISTRACTS ME. LOL, BTW IM THE BIG DUDE OF COURSE, LK IS NOW MY "BEAST" RYERSON PLEASE MAKE A COOL ONE WITH THAT...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5096
Only entertainment around is me?...I guess the MWR hall with games and pool tables, movies, Taco bell, McDonald's, satellite TV, base gym are NOT considered entertaining and comfortable...many here in the US do NOT have those amenities available to them..

BTW..MI (military intelligence) personnel do NOT go out in the field, they analyze the data brought to them..this is 2007 almost, not 1970!...your stuff gets deeper and deeper daily!....U have watched too many old movies...get it straight!

Bronze Member
Username: Crippledwarcook

Post Number: 56
If laughing at a fat fcuking 50yr old on a government pension living in a trailer park entertainment...then I'm being pretty entertained..good thing you're a smooth talker fcukface...because that's all you have going for you..oh by the way dickkweed..what website are you talking about?...you want to post my personal info eh...fcuking twinkie...ROTF

Gold Member

Post Number: 5099
government pension = military 30 year retirement O5 pension, which is NOTHING to be ashamed about..and a monthy VA compensation for service connected permanent disability due to PTSD in combat areas on numerous tours throughout the world..

trailer park = 3 Ranch and Cape homes from Florida to Cape Cod all well above $300,000, plus a $150,000 manufactured home for my mom to live in by herself...

Crippled...its alot better than that 10x8 room U have to live in, while constantly being monitored..and NO income from anyplace!...unless they pay prisoners and mental patients institutionalized now...LMAO

Bronze Member

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 84
He did receive the email I sent so apparently he is in the army. Last time I checked there is no selection box on the application to the Army saying where you want to be stationed. Its an all volunteer Army guys. He signed up and put himself in harms way. So what if he may not be in Iraq? Thats not his choice is it? HE VOLUNTEERED!!! LK go back and read his post. In your haste to constantly have the last word you are twisting what isr says. He didn't say he was "in the field" working MI, he said he "I work in the MI field". Even MI has janitors that clean up. HE SIGNED UP. HE VOLUNTEERED TO BE PUT IN HARMS WAY IF THE ARMY SAW FIT. LK AND OTHERS DO YOU DENEY HIM THAT. GIVE THE GUY A BREAK. PICK ON SOME CHEESEBALL THAT DIDN'T VOLUNTEER TO SERVE HIS COUNTRY.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5108
I have NO problem with anybody in the military...U missed the ENTIRE POINT!...he could be a civilan government employee, or a civilian working for a contractor as a janitor in Chicago working at the Federal building or MEPPS (the place U take physical and tests prior to military acceptance)...they are also given military email addys..that email doesn't necessarily mean that he's in the military or a GI!...yeah he might be a volunteer to work for a private company who has contract to mop floors at Mepps or the comissary at ANY base in the US ..

I have found way too many discrepencies with all his posts...and I have a VERY EXTENSIVE military background..and I despise his lack of unity and complaining about having to go sit with his fellow soldiers to watch TV (if he indeed was in the military anywhere)....not the type of guy I want fighting along side of me!...thats why we have "friendly fire" casualties!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
LK YOU SUCK... AND BY THE WAY I NEVER SAY THAT I WORKED IN THE FIELD.. I SAID MI FIELD.. YOU IDI&t... IM CARELESS IF YOU HAVE 1000 CASTLES... YOU STILL SUCK...AND LOOK AT IT THIS WAY... IM AN NCO... WE MAKE IT HAPPEN...ALL YOU KNOW IS GIVE ORDERS... I DONT KNOW HOW YOUR GUYS DID IT IN YOUR TIME... BUT RIGHT NOW LET ME PUT YOU UP TO SPEED... OUR UNIT IS IN CHARGE FOR THE ROUTE CLEARANCES ALL OVER THE MND-B... THAT STANDS FOR MULTINATIONAL COALITION DIVISION-BAGHDAD) WELL NOW IM AN INTEL ANALYST, IT IS MY WORK TO EVALUATE THE THREAT AND MAKE AN ASSESSMENT FOR MY G-2 WELL HE ADVICES THE BG ON WHAT COA IS THE BEST SO WE CAN CLEAR THE HARM FOR ALL OTHER COALITION FORCES. WE DO GO OUT AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK, WE DO ASSESMENTS ON TARGET NOMINATION, WE DO RECON ON PRIMARY AND SECUNDARY ROUTES AND WE COME BACK TO WORK ON OUR PRODUCTS. AS YOU KNOW IED'S ARE NOT SO IMPROVISED ANYMORE, AND ITS THE #ONE KILLER FOR CF RIGHT NOW. AND OUR UNITS CAN NOT AVOID THAT DANGER... ON THE OPPOSITE, OUR ASSESSMENT HAS TO ADVISE THE BG ON WHEN EXACTLY, OR AROUND WHAT TIMES THE AIF PLANTS IED'S SO THEY CAN GO OUT THERE AND CLEAR THEM... THATS OUR MISSION... TELL ME... IF YOU ARE THE COMMANDER AND YOU PUT TROOPS ON THE GROUND... WILL YOU ACCEPT THAT YOUR INTEL COME ONLY FROM SOFTWARE??? LET ME PUT YOU UP TO SPEED BECAUSE NOW YOU ARE IN MY BACKYARD NOW NO COMMANDER WITH SENCE WOULD DO THAT... AND PLEASE DONT TALK TO ME ABOUT TECHNOLOGY... I HAVE A PASS CATEGORY 4, THAT GETS ME WHEREVER I WANT TO GO, WE HAVE CPOF, FALCONVIEW, ASAS LITE, CRIMELINK WEBTAS,, AND A WHOLE BUNCH OF SOFTWARE TO DEVELOP INTEL, BUT NOTHING IS THE SAME AS BEING THERE, AS SEEN THE ROUTES,AND KNOW THE PEOPLE...THAT YOU CAN NOT DO FROM A COMPUTER MY "OFFICER" O-5 RETIRED... AND IF YOU ARE THE TYPE OF COMMANDER WHO DOESNT CARE...AND I THINK YOU ARE... HELL I WOULDNT LIKE BEING NEXT TO YOU IN BATTLE EITHER... YOU ARE PROBABLY A COOK, OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT... A LOUSY COOK I WOULD SAY.. NOW GO AND BAKE ME COOKIES!!!
AND LET ME TELL YOU WHAT, EVEN AS A 96B I WAS WITH AN FA UNIT FOR 3 YEARS, SO MAKE THE COUNT AS TO HOW MANY DAYS IVE BEEN ON THE "FIELD"...LOL ANY OTHER PERSON WHOS BEEN IN THE SERVICE KNOWS THAT 11B'S AND 13B'S PRETTY MUCH LIVE IN THE FIELD... AGAIN... I WAS 96B WITH AN FA UNIT...SINCE YOU HAVE A SO CALLED EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND... WHY DONT YOU PROVE IT NOW,, HAVE PROVIDED ALL YOU REQUIRED, NOW ITS MY TIME TO CHALLENGE YOUR LEGITIMACY... PICTURE OR SOMETHING DUDE...
POST A COPY OF YOUR DD-214 AND AN AKO E MAIL ADDRESS, AND WE WILL SEE IF ALL THE BULL CR@P YOU TALK IS TRUE. I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE A MILLIONAIRE, THAT DOESNT MAKE YOU BETTER... NOT ONE BIT... AND LET ME TELL YOU MORE, IVE BEEN IN THE SERVICE ONLY FOR 7 YEARS NOW, AND I JUST BECAME AN E-7, IM AN NCO AND IM PROUD OF THAT, NEXT YEAR IM GETTING OUT... ITS THE LAST THING I DO TO PROVE MYSELF.. I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE PICS... LIKE THE DECORATION?? THOSE THINGS BEHIND ARE BLAST WALLS SO YOU KNOW... DUHH!!! I ENJOY KICKIN YOUR A$3 IN THIS FORUM!!! ONE MORE ROUND FOR ME!!
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 5163
son...I was there in 1992 (flew many C130 missions then and later C5's), so don't tell me about Iraq!..and was in Nam (recon photog and door gunner), Iran (recon), Panama, Grenada, Bosnia combat missions as well..and I was prior enlisted E6, until I finished my education and became commissioned...

BTW...I have a son, 28 and just made E8, who just came back from 2nd tour there....he's with the A10's...and I have some USMC buds who have been in Iraq a long time, looking over the young troops...

BTW..puter pics and edits are much easier now than in the old days..

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
Let's spot the differences on ISR's pictures - how many can u spot?

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 496
Your all a bunch of stupid azz fu.cks who dont have a freaken thing to do. Ryerson still sucks and LK said he would not return to this forum anymore, but two months later here he is. And Ryerson, I know you like my name so much you changed a letter in it and are using it. YOU stupid f.uck. you wanna be me and cant. Well at least you know how to use photo shop. That is all.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5164
Pic differences and edits...

1...no ring on finger
2....part in hair now
3...eyes (obviously)
4...message on rag (obviously)
5...flag on his right shoulder
6...his left ear is now missing

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
Dang LK!! Ur good - i thought the ring on the finger would be more challenging.....

Hey David! Have u seen any birds lately? Just so we're clear, I'm a supporter of urs....I think u should be able 2 marry ur man....I've never opposed ur g/ay rights David.

Consider this my wedding gift 2 u:

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 554
HAHA..BIRDBOY FAVORITE FOOD..LOL

Silver Member

Internationa...

Post Number: 198
Hey ISR - Here u are in Paris!!

Upload

Silver Member

Internationa...

Post Number: 199
WHOA! IRS, ur well connected i see.

Upload

Silver Member

Internationa...

Post Number: 210
Ur everywhere ISR...lol

Upload

Silver Member

Internationa...

Post Number: 213
The tour continues...I'm not even going 2 ask what u are doing in China...hmmm

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
LOL.. COOL, MAN IM GOING TO PRINT THIS ONE... HEY I FOUND OUT HERE THERE IS A COMPANY THATS NAME ORBITZ, AND THE SATELLITE IT USES IS ARABSAT... OR SOMETHING LIKE THIS.. AS FOR REGULAR FTA... AND I MEAN WITH THE FACTORY BIN, WILL I BE ABLE TO WATCH FTA CHANNELS OVER HERE...? THIS IS A LEGITIMATE QUESTION... I KNOW IT SOUNDS STUPID, BUT IVE GOT TO ASK BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE OVER HERE WOULD LIKE TO WATCH AT LEAST OUR LOCALS, AND I KNOW THEY WERE ON PAS III OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT...

Bronze Member
Username: Rockyloc

Post Number: 11
I think you can receive echostar, im not sure though. Post your question here they are more helpful.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/272699.html

Do you know what satellites you can receive?

Bronze Member

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 85
Here are links to the birds you should be able to see in Iraq.

http://www*lyngsat*com/nettv/Middle-East*html
http://www*lyngsat*com/freetv/Middle-East*html

Replace the "*" with "." Does not look like much enlish language stuff out there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5211
Thats EXACTLY why the military provides Free ARMED FORCES TV and RADIO networks (English speaking) at all their foreign locations to all military personnel!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us