Compare receivers

Username: Upsidedowndesi

Post Number: 1
Well i am about to buy a FTA receiver...new to this, but been doing some reading and getting some info in my head. What receiver should i invest my money in??
ViewSat VS2000 Extreme/Platinum or Pansat 2500A or Pansat 2700A or Pansat 3500SD or SonicView SV-1000??
Which one of those is the most user friendly? I already have the sattelites set up (installed by dishnetwork so they are pointing perfectly, but i think one is Dish 500 with 2LNb's so might create a problem). I guess now all i need is a receiver...playaround with it...get it right...little more headache and should be good to go.

Silver Member
Username: Minn_rock

Post Number: 443
Sunny.....ViewSat VS2000 Extreme/Platinum..this 2...go for Extreme..and don't even think about PS.........

Post Number: 2
also Pansat 6000hx Or Viewsat 7000PVR...so far i am liking these 2

Post Number: 3
Minn thanx for the input...ya that's wat i was thinking too...Extreme, but then i saw the 6000HX and 7000 PRV...what do y'all think?

Silver Member

Post Number: 444
Sunny that 2 i really have no idea,having use those before..i think which one with the higher prices is the better one..I guess....

Post Number: 4
they are booth $300+....i think i am gonna go with 7000PRV i can record and daul tuner is gonna cost me about the same if i get 2 Viewsat Extreme. I am just going to need some help when setting it up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 445
Price: $379.99 each
VIEWSAT PVR7000..perfect,but too much....
Extreme is the fine only about $160........

Post Number: 5
$379 i know too much, but i don't want my younger sister glued in my room so i think saving up for a while and then going PVR might be a good choice (they are on Ebay for about ($325). I was just reading about Extreme sounded like it's kinda harsh on user friendy side????

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4726
I say go with the Viewsat Extreme or Platinum because the software support is outstanding...the 7000 is new and if there is NO demand for this 7000 based upon sales, the software might NOT always be available nearly as quick as the Extreme or Platinum....

FTA receivers are all user friendly (except the dreambox)...they are like cars though..the horn, hood latch, wiper controls, door locks, trunk release, etc are all a little different areas...but once U get accustomed to it, its simple..Viewsat is NO harder than ANY other receiver..just a little different than a Pansat, which is different from a Coo*lsat, like cars!

Username: Carbindallas

Post Number: 2
can someone tell me the current bin file for a digisat 4000 pro (co0lsat 4000 clone) thanks u! Also do I put the keys in Nagra 1 or Nagara 2? thanks again!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us