Anyone receiving 188.75 AMC-16 and 119 on same LNB?

Username: Krishn

Post Number: 4
Hi

I have been unsuccesful inspite of changing my 18inch dish to 30 inch dish and trying out a few LNB's.

My problem is I have two recievers and alreday have 4 inputs in my diseqc switches. It is big bucks for diseqc switch with 8 inputs.

Is there any dual output LNB that can get both 188.75 and 119 - since both are circular signals, I did not anticipate this much of problems, but it seems very difficult for me - yep I am a novice.

I cannot set up the transponders as left and right, my only option is horizontal and vertical. I think I am correct in setting up right as vertical and left as horizontal, am I wrong on this?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 115
Hey subas
You got it wright.
Hey subas let me ask you this what satellite is located at 188.75?

Silver Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 204
188.75????

Silver Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 205
AMC 16 is at 118.8°W and you will get all its channels under 119. Theres no point to set up AMC16 as 118.8 because is only 0.2 degrees difference and you will end up having duplicate 119W channels.

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 416
Well it will not duplicate channels if you select the receiver to scan AMC16, since the frecuencies for this sat are different from the 119.

The TP's frecuencies for AMC are lower than the 119 and also the SR for AMC is 26000 and for 119 is 20000,so eventually you must be able to scan both of them but first you need to be sure that AMC16 exists in your sat list, otherwise you have to add a new sat and configure it manually.....

Go and take a look at Lyngsat

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
Hey Nikk

How do you go about adding a new satellite?
On the bottom of the satellite name list it has no "New" listed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 423
Which kind of receiver do you have??

Silver Member

Post Number: 424
On the installation menu there must be an option that says something like "Edit TP/Satellite", right on there you will see the list of the satellites and going to the bottom there will be the option for "New"

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
I have a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra.
Like I said at the bottom of the satellites under Edit TP/Satellite the word NEW is not there. I did a factory setting still nothing.the only place that I found the word NEW is under TP Edit.

Post Number: 5
Sorry typo meant 118.75. There is a directtv satellite as well on 119. Those direct TV TP's show up in the transponder list however those channels do not get scanned in the blind scan.

Not talking about viewing the direct tv channels, but appearing it in the list of channels. Does anyone know why?

Satellite name does not make sense to me. Could it be the SR rate?

Post Number: 6
Can some one with higher knowledge let me know if they have AMC16 at 118.75 and E* at 119 on same LNB?

What is brand name of LNB and have you had suceess configuring by adding transponders at 118.75 frequencies which are lower or any other way?

Any input will be appreciated
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us