VSX Problem

Username: South2

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 1
My new VS extreme is driving me nuts. Took it out of the box, I flashed it with bin dated 09/23. It worked for 2 days, froze and then wouldn't scan any channel. I did factory default and loaded bin dated 09/24. Nothing happened. On Tv , there would be a blue screen with picture of two satellites. with message "no audio video". Has a signal with over 70% Q & S. When I do satellite/channel scan, the process bar will go upto 100%, but no channel name would appear. I changed diSeq switch but no success. When I contacted the dealer, he said that it's not stb but my dish set and he suggested that I should clone it with another VSX. I did that and all the info was transferred. The channel names (470+) appeared but no picture. Some channels had "searching signal" message, but some had full signal, but no picture. Still couldn't scan. I tried it on my friend's dish set up, but no luck. Stb otherwise perform all other functions. I don't know whether it's faulty stb or something I'm not doing right. I'm new on this site. I sent two private messages yesterday, but no response. Any help/suggestion will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Kll

Post Number: 73
Did you check if you have a latest keys?

Bronze Member
Username: Pukka

Post Number: 74
there are some things to consider:

theres a october 7 bin for the vsx, try a bin at dsscentral.
probably you could upload the factory bin first, then the oct 7 bin, and the allsat file.
look for a tutorial try this at dsstester

good luck

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 2
Yes I have tried the latest keys,but no results. But I'll try what Pukka suggested. Thanks guys.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
you could go to totalfta too that a good vsx site probably with all you need

Bronze Member
Username: Robin_hud

Post Number: 35
Go to dsscommunity.co*(replace star with m). There are so many good topics about how to:
TRY this:

1. UNPLUG ViewSat. Connect ViewSat to computer Com (1) Port with Null Modem cable. (Reboot computer, if needed)

2. Open the program "Loader2". Get here: [link removed] UNZIP.

[] 3. Click "Open Files", select "ViewsatUSA_V69.PGM" to flash to STB.

4. Click PC->STB, then Plug In your ViewSat electric power. (You should see the File loading properly)

[] 5. It's finished when STB displays "End", then "0000". *** WAIT for ViewSat to display "0001" on the front display.

[] 6. AFTER ViewSat displays "0001", UNPLUG your ViewSat. (Turning "OFF" before "0000" will ruin ViewSat!)

7. Connect ViewSat to your TV

8. Connect ViewSat to DiSEqC switch

9. Connect DiSEqC switch to LNB cable(s). 119 goes to Sat 1, 110 goes to Sat 2

[] 10. Plug ViewSat into the wall socket and turn rear power switch "ON".

11. Automatic Satellite Channel Search for 119 Satellite using LEGACY LNB
A. Main Menu---> 3. Installation-a 1. Automatic Channel a 1. Antenna Setup
B. Select Satellite to be Searched using large Black "LEFT" or "RIGHT" remote ARROW keys
1) 119 Bird = Echostar 7

C. Insert your antenna information (Usually just need to change LNB TYPE and DiSEqC Port #)

D. 119: Echostar 7 using Legacy LNB (Usually just need to change Items 2 and 7)
1) LNB power on
2) LNB type standard
3) LNB freq 11250
4) 22khz OFF
5) TP freq 12224
6) Search option ALL
7) Disecq Port 1
8) Motor off (if available)

E. Press Remote Control OK; STB automatically searches for all radio & TV channels on bird.

12. Automatic Satellite Channel Search for 110 Satellite using LEGACY LNB (IF NEEDED)
A. Main Menu--> 3. Installation-a 1. Automatic Channel -a 1. Antenna Setup
B. Select Satellite to be Searched using large Black "LEFT" or "RIGHT" remote ARROW keys

1) 110 Bird = Echostar 6,8

C. Insert your antenna information (Usually just need to change LNB TYPE and DiSEqC Port #)

D. 110: Echostar 6,8 Using Legacy LNB (Usually just need to change Items 2 and 7)

1) LNB power on
2) LNB type standard
3) LNB freq 11250
4) 22khz OFF
5) TP freq 12224
6) Search option ALL
7) Disecq Port 2
8) Motor off

E. Press Remote Control OK; STB automatically searches for all radio & TV channels on bird.

13. Put channels in order like Dish (To get them in numerical order (100,101,102,105)
1) MENU --> 1. Edit Channels --> OK -->
2) Press "RIGHT" black arrow remote button 4 times to highlight last icon
3) Box below icons will say: "Sort channel list". Press "OK"
4) Press "DOWN" black arrow remote button 4 times to highlight, "Sort by SID"
5) Press "OK"
6) STB sorts channels. When done, press "EXIT"
7) "Do you want to save? Press "YES"
8) STB updates and saves information. Click "EXIT" once.

14. You are done. Go surf your channels and enjoy!

Don't forget to read your "Owner's Manual"!

Help
ALIGN DISH or Check Signal Strength
MENU --> 3. INSTALLATION --> 1. ANTENNA SETUP
Highlight Echostar 7 (119)
Set "TP Freq." To 12282 or 12370 and have someone watch the Strength Bar--should be "Yellow" and above 70
Adjust dish left to right and up and down to maximize signal strength.
When done, re-set "TP Freq. to 12224. Then press "EXIT" 3 times.

* Insure you are using the latest PGM file
** If no picture, check Port settings for the DiSEqC switch
*** For future upgrades, the new "*.PGM" will likely be the only file you can get it from FtaVip
End C/P

Username: Dgo2

Post Number: 2
I had they same problem wth dish pro 500 & after playing around I read on a web sight that the lnb was sending to much power to the reciever & i lost my signal & always would be searching & if i turned it on or off would work then freeze up again & always searching for signal, what i did was i connected an extra dish reciever that i had with a signal splitter & on 1 side i connected my viewsat & then on the other side i connected the reg dish reciever & left the receiver on it fixed the problem try that & see if it works

dgo2

Bronze Member
Username: Titif

Post Number: 30
can i put the new keys manully? if so how?

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 3
Hi Guys,
I loaded latest factory bin, oct07 bin, but no luck. I tried to load sat file (scoooter's sat file from totalfta.com), but it wouldn,t load. Is there a different sat file I could try? Do you have to load a sat file with new VSX because my friend bought a new VSX and he only loaded oct.07 bin file. Is it necessary to load opkey file?
d garza lnb doesn't seem to be a problem because i tried my friend's VSX and it works fine. Similarly my VSX doesn't work at my friend's place. Doing other functions normally but just wouldn't scan any channel. Thanks again

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 4
titif abdou,

Is it VS xtreme ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
most likely factory bin is NOT oct 07, try factory bin 2051, fb are not dated they are numbered

Post Number: 6
Thanks for your response Pukka. I used fb 2068. Oct 07 file means VS xtreme PGM file dated Oct 07/06. I couldn,t load sat file, I'll try that. Do I need to load channel file besides sat file? Thanks for your support.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us