Made a mistake for Dishnetwork keys

Bronze Member
Username: Brucelee

Beverly Hills, California United States

Post Number: 74
Hey guys,
I just made a stupid mistake, when entering keys for my Dishnetwork on my Viewsat Platinum, I started entering numbers for the first line in the Dish (for example, there are 5 lines and you are suppose to enter keys in the last 4 lines) but I ended up changing the first line by mistake which is not suppose to be changed and now I have no tv. Can someone help by providing keys for that first line that's not suppose to be changed?
Thanks!

Username: Joed

Post Number: 1
My VSextreme only has four lines. I don't think you need the extra line. The lines need to start 08,09,88,89.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
Oh okay,
then it should be okay, should I just delete that first line? Remember I have viewsat platinum. I believe it's line 00 the first of the 5 rows (lines).

Bronze Member
Username: Shenanigans

Post Number: 31
I don't have a viewsat and don't know for sure. Can't you just set it to default keys to get the line back?

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 479
yeah, i dont think 00 matters.

Silver Member

Tennessee

Post Number: 480
U can always factory default, and start again. May take 15 mins.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4702
Pete...ALL Viewsats are the same , as far as entering the keys!...doesn't matter if its a Viewsat Lite,Platinum,or Extreme..just ignore the first line 00!....and I suggest ALL Viewsat owners copy/paste and save the info posted in the below link some where in their computer for future reference!

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/277741.html

Silver Member

Tennessee

Post Number: 481
Oh, why not factory default anyway, then get the autoroll bin so u dont have to put in the keys...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4704
Nothing wrong with factory default...U then MUST rescan all the satellites again, reset your receiver antenna LNB/port setting again, upload any channel list again, upload the latest bin again, and set the default keys and turn on autoroll again..

For somebody that is ONLY manually entering the latest keys with a previous working receiver configuration, the "factory default" creates alot of UN-necessary extra needed time and steps..and for a newbie, factory default setting can be difficult ..factory default is really ONLY needed when U have a very "corrupted" receiver that wil NOT get U TV, no matter what else u have tried..my 2 cents..

BTW...he can add the latest autoroll bin now, without doing a factory default..

Silver Member

Tennessee

Post Number: 485
on my pansat adding the latest bin factory defaults it anyway. I cant remember if thats true with the VS.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4706
no way!...factory default" returns all the receiver settings to the same as when it was shipped from the factory!...if adding new bins to your pansat did a factory default, as U say, then U would have no DN or Bev channels or autoroll and NO TV except whatever is available "in the clear" true FTA free channels on a factory bin!

Silver Member

Tennessee

Post Number: 486
no, sry... when i added the latest bin to my pansat, I had to go in and set up my lnb settings again, set default key, and scan for channels. Just like when i got it from the factory. It reset to default values. But the new bin was there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4708
Sometimes (not Always) when adding new bins, the receiver antenna LNB/port settings will change....those should always be rechecked!...but U should NOT have needed to do a new scan, your old channels should have still been there..the updating or uploading of a newer bin does NOT do a factory default at all..its usually affects nothing but the antennae settings ocassionally and autorolls the new keys do U can watch TV again....unless the newer bin was released to overcome a serious ECM from DN and Bev..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
Thanks guys, I didn't want to do a factory default only because I didn't want to waste 15 mintues after but I can sure try loading that autoroll bin. My BEV channels work, it's just that I updated the dish keys starting with line 00 by mistake and then realized after I already saved and went out. Then went back in and updated lines 08 and 09 but was still stuck with a wrong line 00 and now I don't have TV for Dish. I also thought 00 doesn't matter but perhaps I should try deleting it? Or just load the autoroll bin, do you have a link for that?
Thanks

Silver Member

Tennessee

Post Number: 488
well, thats what i thought...it was this last one that fixwed auto roll. all 3 recievers did this. channels and all. i couldnt remember if it happened on the earlier bins, or if it did this on my VS reciever. I was telling him to do the factory reset and apdate to the autoroll bin so he wouldnt screw up his keys. I factory default every couple of bins weather i need to or not. Programming phone systems and routers, access points and stuff, I find it neccessary alot on those, so its just one of those things i believe in. The pansat takes FOREVER to scan channels, so maybe you shouldnt do it so often if u dont have alot of time, but the viewsat, ur only talking about maybe 5 or 10 minutes. I think a factorydefault occasionally helps for a clean running system.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4710
dante.. I agree with U about an "ocassional" factory default, which cleans out any corruption stored in the receiver (almost like a scan disk and defrag in a computer)...and then upload the facory bin and newest auto roll bins....for a newbie , I wouldn't recommend it...but for someone who is comfortable with using their boxes and have the time, then "factory' defaults are a good thing..

peter..do NOT delete line 00..either manually enter the latest keys on the other correct lines or load the latest autoroll bin...Viewsat Platinum and Extreme DO use different bins, so be careful about that!...

here's a link to the latest Platinum autoroll bin..U must remove the * in the links below.

[link removed]

Username: Joed

Post Number: 2
Doing a factory default on a VS does not erase the latest bin. It only clears the channels and all the antenna info. I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect the keys. To get your key back you could load the latest OPKEY.hex file.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us