Did anyone ever find the solution to pansat 2500 loading problem?

Bronze Member
Username: Betonme

Post Number: 26
I'm still stuck with this stupid pansat 2500A watching on local channels until I get a new receiver. When i'm trying to load the new bin, keep getting "Failed [er1]. tried using bl loader 1.4, and 3.32,3.38 but to no resolve. I even tried turning the reciever off and on as recommended by some here but still can't get the bin to load up

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4669
Either U are using the WRONG cable or WRONG comport..there are ONLY 2 cables U can use...RS232 STRAIGHT or NULL MODEM (they look identical)...U MUST use the STRAIGHT..and ocasionally but rarely, the dealer will give/send the wrong cable...and U must try ALL the comports...and FTA recivers are not real friendly with USB ports..and there IS a specific procedure with the rear on/off switch when trying to load a bin!

Of course U would have known all this, if U had read for 5 minutes FIRST, at any REPUTABLE Dss site which has the Pansat setup guides!

Bronze Member
Username: Betonme

Post Number: 27
I read most of everything that was posted in this forum and some other but nothing helps. I'm using the same cable that I used before to load bins priors to 6/30 hit and it worked fine back then. I tried select different ports also. just thought there's something else i'm missing that's why I posted the question.

Bronze Member
Username: Nestea

Post Number: 52
I will advise you to buy a new caple and use the newest loader or the bl updater 1.4.

Bronze Member
Username: Charjam

Post Number: 58
Bill Trump I am having the same problem . Are you trying to load the 281 file . Because i got the latest file to load then i tried to load the 281 and cannot get it to go i have tried everything . I went to Radio Shack and got a cable to go from usb port to com port so i could use my laptop but that didn't work i have put it on cd and that didn't work i keep getting a sig that says file did not correct or corrupt or invalid file . I have both cables one for the 2700 and the other one for 2500 . I will keep reading your post and see if anybody can help Thanks

Username: Filetester

Deep down, Up there Canada

Post Number: 4
Downloading Procedure for Pansat 100E /2300A/1500A/2500A

1. Connect satellite receiver to PC with RS-232C straight cable( Not Null Modem ).

2. Turn on the power of the satellite receiver.

3. Open the GTROM STB UPDATER.

4. Click " STB MODEL" and type model name exactly( Example: Pansat 100E,
Pansat 2300A, Pansat 1500A or Pansat 2500A ).

5. Click " BIN FILE" and select the bin file you want to download then click " Download".

6. Do not interrupt while downloading.

7. Press OK after download complete; satellite receiver will reboot by itself.
Do not interrupt satellite receiver until reboot by itself.

NOTE;
PC to Receiver use straight through DB-9 Serial Cable.
Receiver to Receiver use Null Modem Data Transfer Cable.
Software version transfer update from receiver to receiver can be done
between same model only.
Channel data transfer from receiver to receiver can be done all the same
Family models only: 100E / 2300A / 1500A / 2500A.
100E and 2300A is used same tuner, 100E is just less function model.
1500A and 2500A is used same tuner, 1500A is just less function model.

This is just copy and paste from [link removed] hope this will help you .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
FTA MAN I did exactly like it says . I put in stb 2500a , it came upmodel not correct so i put pansat 2500a ,the same message What do you put in the STB exactly maybe no spaces or what THANKS

Gold Member

Post Number: 4673
Use the Bl updater V 1.4...it doesn't ask for model and it a very good software loader for Pansats..also "key:global" works sometimes on the model name

"i keep getting a sig that says file did not correct or corrupt or invalid file"...if U get THAT message , its telling U that U have a corrupted file which can happen easily..that occurs in the download from a site process or during the upload to receiver process when improperly loaded...I would first start and download the file from a site again , and compare the file size at the site and then on your computer,... if they are the same then U have a good file in your computer to upload into receiver..

U MUST install the drivers (on the disk) into your computer when using a USB adapter with your straight RS 232 db9 pin Pansat 2500 cable..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
Thanks LK i did use the driver and checked the com port , it was in com 4 , Thanks for all of the info i have really learned a lot from your post I finally got it i don't know what i did diff. But Thanks Alot

Bronze Member
Username: Bouttep

Post Number: 28
lk

i have a problem scaning the sats . i have pansat 2500 a with 2 antennas . after reseting factory settings and picking sat echo 7 and 8.10 when i blind scan them all channels come up twice and i'm missing quite a few channels ( lifetime , hbo-w , hbo2-w some stars some encore baby channel and more ) any idea what happenned or what am i doing wrong

thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 4677
Joe..do NOT double post!...its RUDE..and I already answered U in your other posting...now all U have to do is remember where U posted it elsewhere..

David...congrats!

Bronze Member
Username: Penu

Toronto, Ont Canada

Post Number: 28
plz help for fortec star life time classic na
i doknow what i have do plz help me thx u!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4695
But another receiver...no software support for that receiver!...its very rare to find and NONE is iusually availbale...there is no working bin files available now, which is very common with the classic...stay away from Fortecs...buy Viewsat..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4696
Buy another receiver...no software support for that receiver!...its very rare to find and NONE is usually available...there is no working bin files available now, which is very common with the classic...stay away from Fortecs...buy Viewsat..

Username: Themangod

Post Number: 5
pansat has great support LK is paid by viewsat so duh he is going to say that.
why you think he hates on al7bar because they are owned by harry and pansat. lk is good help by major unfair and lies a lot, http://www.freetoairreceivers.com/ list all the fta satellite receivers and there are lots of working bin files for pansat now with full autoroll. ftaindex-com has key codes and bins for all boxes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us