Tried downloading, but it's not working. Please help!!!

Username: Asjjca

Post Number: 8
Hello.

I have a Multistar receiver, which is a copy of the Pantec or the Pansat 2500 (I'm a little confused with all these receiver types). Anyway, I downloaded two systems to try to download the new software. I downloaded GTRom Loader v3.32 and tried that first but it will not accept my model name. Then I tried to download Blacklist Updater and download bins for pansat clones or other receiver packages and blacklist updaters. When I go to download it tells me the write failed. I do have the RS232 cable connected to the computer and the receiver and I do shut my receiver and then open it to download. I don't know what else to do. Can someone PLEASE HELP! I would really appreciate it very much. Thank you!!!

Post Number: 9
Oh and I even tried this new thing posted for the Multistar package and even that didn't work, it was an Mnp Loader to try to change the receiver to accept Pansat or fortec files.

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 390
Ana....

First you have to be sure that the cable you have is a RS232 "Straight", also you need to check for any other application that can be using your serial port, like a palm device sync application or any like that, also check the settings on your serial port.

Normally the write fails do to a bad or wrong cable or a device that is using the serial port

Silver Member

Post Number: 391
If you find that you have a RS232C instead of a RS232, you will have to buy a null modem adapter at Radio Shack or any other store.....

Post Number: 10
Thank you for your reply. I did buy the RS232C cable and written on the hookup that it is a null modem on both sides. I checked the receiver before I bought the cable and on the back it says RS232C. So the only thing that must be bothering it is that some other application is using the device. How can I check it out and stop it so that it may work for the satellite?

Silver Member

Post Number: 401
For any Pansat 2500 or clone of it you need a straight cable not the null modem cable, the null modem cable have 2 of their lines crossed to make a null modem, th straight cable is not crossed, you can go Radio Shack and buy a null modem adapter that in esence will make your cable do things as if it were a straight cable...or just buy a RS232 "Straight" cable, tell the guy that you need a 1 to 1 cable, not a null modem cable....

Silver Member

Post Number: 402
After get the cable use the BL Updater and I'm pretty sure everything will work perfect..........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Thank you very much I appreciate your help. I will try that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us