Tutorial on catching DN and BEV at the same time?

Username: Erizima

Post Number: 4
If I've got 4 LNB's and a DiSEqC with 4 inputs, is it as simple as connecting them all and setting them up on the receiver, or is anything else needed? Any precautions I should take? Anyone know of a good tut for getting both DN and BEV on one receiver? Thanks in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Dancuban

Post Number: 27
yes you can get both dn an bev on the same dish. with your dish pointed to the sats you want,run the cable from lnbs to the diseqc switch numbering 1-4. match the lnb to the diseqc in the receiver. i.e. bev lnb=1 diseqc =1 receiver=1. dish lnb=2 diseqc =2 receiver=2 hope this help you.

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 388
It depends to which DN sat you are pointing....if you are pointing to 110 and 119 you can not catch BEV at 91 cause it's far away to the east from those two....

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4643
well thats NOT exactly true...depends upon the size of your dish and location..heres proof with the pic..

[link removed]

I changed my setup yesterday from 2 Legacy 18" dishes with the LNB "cheater" brackets to a 24x18 with a 5 LNB bracket.

I'm currently pulling in (left to right) 82,91,110,119 all 90%+ signal. I still have room if I choose to test 101 I'm surprised I'm pulling in 40 degrees worth of horizon with such a small dish I figured I would have needed a t90 or similar.

Upload

Upload

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 24
Here In Oklahoma the TILT Differance between the DN and the BEV Birds would make getting them all with one antenna tricky. I would not try it its so easy to find FREE antenna's and point 2 (one at DN birds and one at BEV). I have 2 dishes up my cost was $0 for both I found them for FREE and used wireing already on the house from an old Dir** system and cable TV. Just my thoughts I saw this and was thinking its hard enough to find the DN or Bev birds with a 18"-34" dish let alone trying to get both with one. Nice set up their with the pic's you did good getting that to work but, I would not recomend trying that just keep it easy use one dish for DN and one for BEV. I did it took me just a few hours and I had it all working.

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 399
LK and Jay....

You lucky guys.....lol....here in Mexico I need 2 dishes.....

As LK said, it depends on location....

Regards!!

Bronze Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 25
I just wanted to make myself CLEAR here

I have 2 antenna's ( dishes ) one for DN, one for BEV

I was trying to say in the post above ^ here ^ that it would be easer and more pracical to just plan on using 2 dishes

Hope that clears this up

Username: Erizima

Post Number: 5
The reason I asked is because when I was setting up a new receiver I noticed that the nimiq dishes were getting about the same signal strength as 119-110. Maybe its because I'm in eastern Canada. I'll try it out anyway. If it doesn't work well, I've got 2 BEV dishes somewhere in the garage.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us