New viewsat extreme help

Bronze Member
Username: Dghumman

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 58
i just bought a new viewsat extreme can someone please tell me which loader to use and what file to download and from where and also whats the process to download the files is it similar to digiwave or pansat or different, please help

Username: Ranjha

Post Number: 4
damindar where did u buy it from ?

Post Number: 5
i want to buy it but don't know from where shouold i buy it and how much u paid ??

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 59
i paid $200 and i am in toronto and bought it at mississauga if u need the address i will give it to u or u can google it

Bronze Member
Username: Kll

Post Number: 72
Go to dsstester^com you'll find all files there

Post Number: 6
damindar ya please give me address i live close to Toronto and can u tell me did u get anything else with the reciever too or no ?

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 60
i got it from skyhigh electronics at 4180 cawthra rd, mississauga and tel no is 905-2790549

Bronze Member
Username: Whitford

Post Number: 15
dhamindar, did you figure out what bin file and loader to use? I also had an old pansat clone which died when I used a bin that was not safe for clones. So I want to be careful with my new Viewsat Xtreme VS2000.

Please let me know. Thanks!

Username: Wncsho

US

Post Number: 3
I use a program called Loader2

Bronze Member
Username: Whitford

Post Number: 17
I found the Loader2 program, and in the tutorials there is a mention of the PGM file which I found also. What are the opkey hex, chaninfo and satinfo files? I've found some opkey hex files on dsstester but am not sure what file I need for an xtreme. I thought I would only need the bin (PGM file) -- what is the purpose of the other files?

Username: Wncsho

US

Post Number: 4
sat and chan files are satellite and channel info files. Your xtreme already has an extensive satellite list so you don't need that. The channels will take care of themself after you scan. opkeys are out there.

Go here and read, read, read.

hxxp://forums.f2atv.com

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4651
This is the HOME site for VIEWSAT where files are first released and all the guides and manuals are posted..

http://www.totalfta.com/

Bronze Member
Username: Ameen

Post Number: 23
ok guys, I just bought my veiw sat vs2000 xtreme, I got the bin files and loader2, everything is fine so far, but I do not know where to go and input the keys to see the channels, any help please!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4653
shaheen...suggest U post in the Viewsat HOME site I posted above U...they have that info right there!..all U have to do is READ it..its all in plain site!

http://www.totalfta.com/

Gold Member

Post Number: 4654
and just to prove my point about VIEWSAT and TOTALFTA...here is the link there to entering the keys..this took me less than 5 seconds to find!

http://www.totalfta.com/showthread.php?t=195

which states this..

Update KEYS (Manually or with a File) by teach

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How Do You Update Keys?
You can do it two ways:
1. Use a shortened LOAD & GO to load ONLY latest opkey file... see posts below for the currently active on dated Dec 6 445 pm (as of Dec 6, 2005)

2. use your REMOTE control... Below is a ficticious example when you already have the KEYs to update KEYS using your REMOTE CONTROL.

Have a Computer "opkey" File? Use the Modified "LOAD & GO" EASY SETUP Procedure Below:
1. D/L the latest opkey file (usually a zip) and UNzip; remember where the unzipped file is located on your computer.
2. Power "OFF" your ViewSat and hook up the NULL MODEM CABLE between your PC and your ViewSat
3. Open LOADER2, Click "Open Files" and navigate to the UNzipped "opkey.hex" file you wish to load
4. Click on "opkey.hex" file and click on "OPEN" to load that file into LOADER2
5. Click on the PC-->STB button and turn "ON" the ViewSat
6. The opkey.hex file will autoload into the ViewSat

WAIT between 15 seconds and 1 minute for the ViewSat to process the new opkey file, install the opkey file, do the housekeeping/cleanup of data necessary and then, the ViewSat will auto-REBOOT.

DO NOT TURN OFF THE VIEWSAT UNTIL IT HAS FINISHED REBOOTING!!!!

If you are connected to a TV, the picture will automatically come on.

If you are NOT connected to a TV, after you are sure the ViewSat has finished the processing/installing/rebooting, you may power "OFF" your ViewSat and connect it back to your TV.

NOTE:
It is NOT necessary to do anything else to your ViewSat other than LOAD & GO the opkey.hex file... no rescanning, no Factory Default, no ANTENNA SETUP... the whole opkey loading and back to Tv should be about a 3 to 6 minute operation.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MANUAL PRETEND Public Key Change by teach (12-04-05)

The PRETEND Public Keys have changed to:

Key 00: AF 98 74 44 1C 65 77 D8

Key 01: AF E3 E1 1D 89 4E 53 45

On the REMOTE CONTROL, you'll be using the 0 through 9 keys for the number you need and...

A = F1
B = F2
C = F3
D = F4
E = "LAST" key (circular arrow key to RIGHT of "0" )
F = "TEXT" key (2 rows ABOVE F4 key on right side of REMOTE)

TO MAKE A MANUAL KEY CHANGE in your ViewSat:

MENU--INSTALLATION--CODE--NAGRA

LEFT arrow until "Dish" displays in the top line and you have at least 4 ROWS of numbers like below. The 4 rows we are most interested in are:

08 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
09 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
88 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
89 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx

DOWN arrow until the RED is on "08"

RIGHT arrow x 1 puts you on the "08" line of numbers in the 2nd column

"F1" + "Text" = "AF", RIGHT arrow

"9" + "8" = "98", RIGHT arrow

"7" + "4" = "74", RIGHT arrow

"4" + "4" = "44", RIGHT arrow

"1" + "F3" key = "1C", RIGHT arrow

"6" + "5" = "65", RIGHT arrow

"7" + "7" = "77", RIGHT arrow

"F4" key + "8" = "D8", RIGHT arrow ... finishing the top line.
You should have the highlighted box in the first column of the 2nd row on top of "08"

DOWN arrow x 1 and RIGHT arrow x 1 to the 2nd box in the "09" row

"F1" + "Text" = "AF", RIGHT arrow

"LAST CHANNEL" key (below "9" key) + "3" = "E3", RIGHT arrow

"LAST CHANNEL" key (below "9" key) + "1" = "E1", RIGHT arrow

"1" + "F4" key = "1D", RIGHT arrow

"8" + "9" = "89", RIGHT arrow

"4" + "LAST CHANNEL" key = "4E", RIGHT arrow

"5" + "3" = "53", RIGHT arrow

"4" + "5" = "45", RIGHT arrow

EXIT, OK ("YES") to save

EXIT to TV screen and watch tv

----------------------
This puts the PRETEND KEYS into the 08 & 09 KEY lines.

If you need to put KEYS into the 88 & 89 KEY lines... do above and substitute "88" for the "08" line and "89" for the "09" line.

Hope this helps.

teach

BTW...THESE keys above are OLD...but just use the NEW keys posted in other threads here at Ecoustics..and "teach" is the Viewsat expert..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
LK
Thanks man, but I checked it out I could not find any, do I have to be a member to post, and my question was, where do I go into my romote and receiver to input the keys. I doan loaded the bin files and the loaders and I did channels scan, every thing is in order, but can not veiw any of the channels I have, I presume that the only thing missing is to input the keys eaxctly what I used to do with digiwave receiver. can I just trouble you with asking how do I keyin the keys. thanks man

Gold Member

Post Number: 4655
We at dsscommunity.c*om have ADDED this to the above..REMOVE the * in the links!

[link removed]

A little info for you first...

A character can be a number or a letter, and 2 of them together = hex pair

There are 32 Characters found in a Key and they are split into 16 hex pairs.

Those 16 hex pairs are divided into 2 rows with 8 hex pairs in each.

Hence each key, like Key 00 and key 01 has a string of 2 rows with 8 hex pairs in each.

Here's how to enter them...

For DN

Remote --> Menu --> Installation --> Code --> Nagra

Choose --> Dish 01 01 00

There are 5 rows. Ignore the first (top) row.

And, ignore the first pair of numbers in each row.

00 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx (ignore)
08 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
88 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx

Row 08 = the start of Key 00 and has a string of 8 hex pairs, with 8 more in row 09

Row 88 = the start of Key 01 and has a string of 8 hex pairs, with 8 more in row 89

For BEV

Installation --> Code --> Nagra

Choose --> BEV 09 01 00

There are four rows; ignore the first pair of numbers in each row.

08 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx (Key 00)
88 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx (Key 01

Row 08 = the start of Key 00 and has a string of 8 hex pairs, with 8 more in row 09

Row 88 = the start of Key 01 and has a string of 8 hex pairs, with 8 more in row 89

You can find the keys in the Current Keys Section for DN and Bev

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additionally, the password will be 0000.

To enter the letters:
A = F1 (Red Button)
B = F2 (Green Button)
C = F3 (Orange Button)
D = F4 (Blue Button)
E = Go Back Button (Right side of remote, 6 buttons down)
F = Text Button (or Color depending on remote. Right side of remote, 5 buttons up)

When you finish entering the keys, exit out of the screen. You will be prompted asking if you want to save (Yes).
Exit back to where your channels are and enjoy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4656
Yes U must register at ALL true DSS sites...its always free...Ecoustics is NOT really a DSS site, it has sections for televisions,home audio, car stereo etc also..

Dsscommunity and Total fta are both very good Viewsat receiver sites..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
LK
sorry man, but when I go to my remote, installation, code which is 0000 I do not get to nagra, I get to
1 antena setup
2 channel scan.
3 parental control
4 time setting
5 receiver upgrade
6 factory defualt
which one will lead me to nagra to be able to input the keys
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Jg7

Post Number: 16
alguien