Problems

Bronze Member
Username: Starz98

Post Number: 17
I put in the platinum vie$tat bin in my extreme vie$tat. Now I am having problems. What I have done so far is redownload factory bin, redownload the before last bin and downloaded the lastest autoroll bin for view$tat extreme. I am getting a good signal, the guide is showing the programs, but I am not getting a picture, except for the free channels. Any suggestions?
I have also just tried putting in the new keys, same thing no picture.
yea, I know I fucked it up, lol

Bronze Member
Username: Filetester

Deep down, Up there Canada

Post Number: 14
Get the files from a good place like [link removed] and it will work is just that you have a bad file autoroll works wery good.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4672
U CANNOT use Viewsat EXTREME files in a Viewsat PLATINUM receiver or vice versa.....U could cause serious damage..

Bronze Member
Username: Bouttep

Post Number: 27
lk

i have a problem scaning the sats . i have pansat 2500 a with 2 antennas . after reseting factory settings and picking sat echo 7 and 8.10 when i blind scan them all channels come up twice and i'm missing quite a few channels ( lifetime , hbo-w , hbo2-w some stars some encore baby channel and more ) any idea what happenned or what am i doing wrong

thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 4675
Sounds like U are scanning the same satellite twice, as if the LNB's on the roof dish are both pointed at the same satellite...or U scanned EACH satellite twice..thats the ONLY ways U can duplicate each channel..

as far as missing channels, that could also be caused by NOT having the dish LNB's aimed/aligned correctly and to just ONLY 1 satellite...U can also go to www.lyngsat.com and look up the TP(transponders) numbers of the channels U are missing and then do TP scans on your receiver..

When U do a factory default , it erases all previous channels, so when U do a scan , U will NOT get duplicate unless U have done as I exlained in the first paragraph (well almost paragraph...LOL) here..I personnaly am inclined to believe that U have the dished aligned incorrectly, but I don't know...U don't say if its ever ACTUALLY worked correctly and U received BOTH the 110 and 119 satellites and channels (about 800-900) before...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4676
BTW...here is a listing of ALL the Dishnet Channels and which satellite and transponder each channels is actually using..include all locals and spotbeams TP's too..U should save this link into your computer "Favorites"..

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

Bronze Member
Username: Bouttep

Post Number: 29
lk i have one dish pointing to 110 and one to 119
i was getting both sat fine i was just missing a few channels that's why i was rescanning the sat and the channels where doubled from one scan , after 50% of scanning it rescan's the same channels in both 7 and 8.10 , each sats scan different channels , looks like i am scanning two different sat but i'm missing more channels

thanks

sorry for the second post my wife is stressing me for lifetime and baby channel

Gold Member

Post Number: 4679
Whenever U already have done a scan of a satellite and U then do another scan, then it will duplicate the channels..but if U do a "factory default" from your screen MENU options, then it will delete ALL your channels and a scan of 1 satellite will result in ONLY 1 set of channels..

Try another factory default, upload factory bin and latest autoroll 281 bin and scan...maybe your receiver had a "receiver hiccup"...also recheck your antennae settings in the receiver...and its ALWAYS best to do scans with cables run directly from LNB to receiver (no switches), do scans then reconnect your disque switch and check antenna settings again..

Bronze Member
Username: Playa_zihua

Post Number: 11
LK was wondering my channel list is all different now what can i do to get back to the way they were thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 4683
huh?..LMAO...do a factory default and use your old channel list, I guess..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
lk i am new here so bare with me i go to factory setting then delete ?

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 229
to get channels back in order try pressing sat button on remote and select either echostar or bellexpress package-

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
albino midget i did that and it goes back in order then i select ok again it is all messed up again

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 232
select a channel, not ok

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
yeah i did that and it just goes back

Bronze Member
Username: Turtleman

Post Number: 23
Albino Midget..you have helped me in the past ...can you try again?? I have the coolst 5000 .....1st off do i need a new bin?? it was working up until a few hours ago?? if only keys what lines do i change ??? and what keys ..next the autoroll on or OFF..help me if you can ..thank uuuuuuuuu so muuch

Gold Member

Post Number: 4693
U need to delete the old channels by doing a factory default in your menu!...then do a new scan..then hit sat button and select which package u want and then save it...and DN and Bev keys changed today so U need to turn on autoroll and wait (maybe 1 hour) for new keys to roll into the receiver...then watch TV..

and if U don't understand this, then U should NOT be here, U should be at another DSS site reading their manuals and guides about your particular receiver..

Username: Themangod

Post Number: 8
yes lk is right you need to do more research and get more info from a website that has more info to offer you like ftaindex-com http://www.ftainstallers.com and other websites that have lots of manuals and guides for all free to air fta boxes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us