HDMI showing no video on Sharp Aquos

Username: Multimatt

Louisville, KY

Post Number: 1
I have a 2005 model of a 32" Sharp Aquos, and the HDMI input never seems to work correctly...

When I first got the TV, I also purchased an upconvert DVD player, and connected it via HDMI. When powering on both devices, I would hear audio but not get any video. After some fiddling around, I managed to get video to appear (changing the sequence of what was turned on first, using the remote to switch from TV to Satellite to DVD, etc). That is how I have operated the TV for almost a year now.

Recently, I purchased a DirecTV HD DVR and had it set up to use the HDMI input on the Aquos. I am once again having the same issue of audio but no video. I was not home when the DirecTV technician set up my new DVR, but my wife says he was pulling out his hair trying to get it to work on the TV. I knew the reason - it was that darned HDMI input issue!
He finally hooked the DVR up via S-video just so he could get the unit set up and leave.

Like I used to do with the DVD player, I can "fiddle" with settings and use the remote to switch from TV to S-video to HDMI to get the new DVR to show video, but it is a major pain in the butt!

Any idea why the HDMI input is giving such fits? Now that I have had two entirely different devices attached to that input on tht TV, I have to believe it is an Aquos issue. Is there a setting that I am missing?

Thanks in advance!

Matt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us