Less interferance with S-VHS than Component cable ??

Silver Member
Username: Saturation

Post Number: 141
I get interferance in the picture (small black vertical lines that move randomly across white and grey areas) when I use a component cable from the receiver to my TV. If I change the component to a S-VHS cable the interferance is gone but the colors are less quality.

The weird thing is that when I used a less quality coax cable from my dish to my receiver the interferance was much less then with my new more expensive and "supposely better" coax cable.

Any ideas why this is?

Bronze Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 19
you need to use s-video or RCA plugs. Sounds like without see it for myself you have a bad cable their. S video is best but, does not carry the sound so makes it confusing to use. Coax cable would never be better than RCA..RCA is the 3 plugs on one ribbin cable, one yellow (video), one red (right sound), and one white (left sound). Hope this helps you let us know

Bronze Member
Username: Pukka

Post Number: 55
component cables didnt work with my VS XTREM , so i went back to s video, some tv s have s video working on an specific input, so you got to try first where the video signal is working and then you plug in the audio rcas on the same input number

Username: Rcfiddlerman

Post Number: 7
seems like you have a dirty electricity problem go out and buy a power bar with a filter in it plug your tv your sat reciever your dvd and any thing else hifi into it they run about 25 to 100 dollars for it you can get it from any hi fi shop in the city

Silver Member
Username: Saturation

Post Number: 142
Electricity could be the problem, the outlet I'm using doesn't have any ground. But it's weird only the component signal is affected. How exactly does a "power bar" work? Do I need ground for it?

Bronze Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 21
That could also be a problem, but not likly to cause the lines you are seeing....here a link to how surge protectors work http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/surge-protector1.htm

The lines you are seeing are caused by INTERVERANCE of some kind being introduced. Now you can fight this one of 2 way's. First off you can track down the source and stop it. Second off you can find out how the interferance is getting into the TV. The most likly way it is getting their is a bad connection or bad coax. This is why RCA jacks are best as they are far less likly to get interferance. If they are getting interferance I would try another set of cables first, then try another thing with RCA on that tv (re:VCR). then try RCA with that receiver on another TV.

Hope that helps my point is I feel its your coax and you should use RCA
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us