Loading Bin Via Laptop

Username: Tomboz

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I am having issues loading the new bin onto my Coolsat5000 through my laptop. My laptop only has a LPT port and no COM ports, while the Cable for the CS5000 requires a COM port. I have bought an adapter for the LPT port to convert it to a COM port but now when I run the loader, the AutoDetect button cannot find the connection. THis is because the Loader only has addresses for COM ports 1 to 16 (or so) but no LPT addresses. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue. Is there any way to use a LPT port with the CS5000?

THank you for your help

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 639
I don't know about c00lsat but some receivers cannot be flashed with laptops. My Pansats all can be flashed, but my Viewsat cannot. Also my laptop used a USB/serial adaptor so I don't know about using an LPT.

Username: Diana79

Post Number: 3
hawaiian; can you please help me? im trying to download the loader in my laptop computer clone of 2700 pansat. when i try to open it it shows funny characters. i dont understand what im doing wong..... can you please please help me??
thank you

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 641
What clone do you have and what loader do you have?

Bronze Member
Username: Bones714

SO.California

Post Number: 89
I too am using my laptop, I flashed my Pansat 2500, 2700, and Soniview 1000 with no problems. I bought an adapter from Radioshack thats called a USB Serial port, it plugs into into my USB port and the Null cable plugs into the USB Serial port.

Post Number: 6
i have the clone of pansat 2700. in the box it says pansat 3000.
im trying to download v3.38
thank you very much!
d

Post Number: 10
king fish; can you please help me?

Bronze Member
Username: Bones714

SO.California

Post Number: 95
Diana, check this site out www.Pansatusa,com, it has instructions on "How to".

Silver Member
Username: Minn_rock

Post Number: 395
diana here all loader and bin..
http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/
http://www.dssevolution.com/?

Silver Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 144
You have 2 options - either get the USB converter to plug the cable into, or you can buy a desk top loading bay. The laptop clips on top of the loading bay and the loading bay has a pile of connections, inlcuding com ports. Option 2 is expensive but most reliable. The USB converter works on most STBs.

Username: Tomboz

Post Number: 2
thanks for the input, looks like i'll be trying the USB-COM converter. I'll have to make a trip to the friendly neighbourhood radio shack now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us