SAMSUNG 50'' DLP TURNS OFF CONSTANTLY

Username: Dbox

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 1
had this thing for a little over 1 year... it's now started to turn itself off on it's own. i've searched...couldn't find anyone with this exact problem. i can have it on for maybe 5 mins or an hour...it turns off. i turn it back on, it turns itself back off. i can't even watch a 30 minute show.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 876
Poltergeists! Yikes!
How absolutely aggravating!
Call 1-800 SAMSUNG prompts 2, 1, 3, 1.
They have been known to cover repairs that are not even as close to the warranty expiration as yours and extend the warranty further for you. Had you registered online you would have received an additional three months anyway. Just don't take the first few I'm sorry's! They have three levels of customer service. I'm sure they will take care of you!

Username: Eymyel827

Post Number: 5
this happened to me before. did u check the back panel? make sure u screw the lamp cover tightly. what i do is i unscrew it and re-screw it tightly. hope this helps!

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 2
i have not tried that.

if it works...i owe you one! thanks for the tip.

Post Number: 6
hey dale just wondering if it worked?

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 3
amiel, so far it has. this tv is used in my bedroom so it's not on much. since doing your fix it has yet to shut off again. pretty weird...

Thanks again!

Post Number: 7
the reason it shuts off is to let you know that the lamp cover is not shut properly i guess...hope your enjoying it!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us