Zenith PVR6069 Projection Help - All Green

Username: N01un0

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I have a 60" Projection, Zenith PVR6069, that is in need of repair. I have contacted every repair shop in town and only found 1 person who is willing to work on a set older than 6-7 years old.

First let me give you the symptoms:
Everything is green on the screen. It gets better after warmed up. This just happened literally overnight. Perfect picture then bam, next day, horrible.

Anyway, he came out and ran some test and said that he thinks its the board on the green gun/tube. Now being a novice, I have no idea what he's talking about. This is what he wrote on my bill:

Checked Video Output
Resistors 120K-Green
CRT not setting up
Better when warmed up
Resistors checked OK
Possible Fluid Change

Thats all he wrote and then charged me 80 bucks and left. I have called the guy 10 times in two months only to not get return calls or if he does answer, he just says he cant find the part.

I really want to fix this tv. Is there anyone that can shed some advice on what to do and what to look for. I really would love to find a part number of what is needed to fix it so that I can search the web myself for the part. I keep searching but I really dont know what Im looking for. I have found a few sites with parts for older Zeniths but dont want to order it if its not right.

Any help or guidence would be great!!

n01un0@n01un0.com

THANKS!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us