Denon 1910 DVI lock up problem

Username: Colorado_stego

Post Number: 1
I have a Denon 1910 DVI player that I am wanting to hook up via the DVI port to a Yamaha RX-V2600 receiver I just purchased. I have the HDMI hooked up from the receiver to my Mits 62725 working with no problems. My DVI/HDMI cable arrived yesterday and I connected it to the receiver.

I fired up the receiver, then the DVD and switched it to DVI mode. The receiver detected the unit and activated the HDMI indicator. I got the Denon splash screen then the unit locked up. The only way to reset it was to power it down.

The cable is configured as DVI-D with the 18 pin configuration.

Any ideas as to what is causing this problem? Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 35
have you tried connecting the DVD player directly to the tv?

Post Number: 2
Tried it this evening. It did not lock up when I connected the DVI/HDMI to the tv directly. So, I guess that eliminates the cable. I have sent an e-mail to Yamaha. Any thing else to try?

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 36
is there any reason why you need to connect the DVI cable to your reciever? unless you are using it as an HDMI switch because your TV only has one HDMI port than there really is no need.
do you have any other HDMI or DVI sources that you have tried to connect to it? even if it is something wrong with the reciever i dont know if it would be worth going through the headache of taking it to a service center for that if nothing else if wrong with it. if you just purchased it depending on where you bought it you may just want to return it for a new one and see if it has the same problem.

Post Number: 3
I wanted to switch between my DVD and HD cable box/DVR using HDMI. I do only have one port on the tv and I also wanted to get the true 1080i from the DVD if possible.

The DVR is not near the receiver and thus would need a cable ran to it (which I have not purchaced yet). I might go ahead and move it closer long enough to test. I can run a recorded show and see if that unit works.

I might take it back, since it has only been a few weeks since I bought it. I will see what happens with the DVR test.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us