110 AND 119 BRACKET USEFUL????

Bronze Member
Username: Rohitkamahi

Post Number: 30
I currently have a dish pointed at 110w ( works fine) and I am also planning to get 119w with an extra lnbf on the same dish (18 inch)? I was just wondering if any one has ever tried one of these lnbf brackets that are sold at the store.Is the bracket really useful or is it just waste of time and money? By the way, according to the store website it works.

Features:

• Easy attachment for your existing 18" round dish
• Optimized for Dishnetwork 119 and 110, or ExpressVU 91 and 82
• For use with 2 DSS LNBs
• The 110 or 81 LNB will be held by the dishes arm while the 119 or 91 LNB is held by the bracket
• Similar to the dish 500 setup except compatible with all receivers and no need for skew adjustment
• No loss of signal quality on the 119 or 91 LNB compared to the 110 or 82 LNB

If the bracket is not useful what other alternative do I have? Thanks a lot in advance.Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 463
LK, posted a pic once where all u need to do is put the 119 lnb I think on the right side and back about 2 inches... tape it, tiewrap it, or glue it... not as pretty as the holder, but cheaper. Search for "poor mans dish"

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 464
when i say attatch it, attatch it to the 110 lnb.

Bronze Member
Username: Lebrimal

Post Number: 86
find 110w FIRST, the bracket depends of the location you are.

Bronze Member
Username: Zork_99

GTA

Post Number: 16
I have used these brackets and they work well..For ease of installation, they are great..However Dante's home grown method may actually work better for signal quality once you find the absolute best placement for the second LNB for your particular location.

Bronze Member

GTA

Post Number: 17
Forgot to mention..the claim of no signal loss on 119...you may have to play with it for awhile before you can really get equal signal quality for both 110 and 119...It's not quite as easy the ad implies :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Pjk

Post Number: 85
If you want the ghetto look, you can two way tape it and zip tie both lnb's so that it won't fall off when it rains or whatever.

If you want more of a professional look, buy it, it's not that expensive. A friend of mine has it and it works.

Bronze Member
Username: Vitquay102

Post Number: 15
Works great for me. A 5 minute job. just aim your dish to 110 to get best quality. the 119 should be less but still over 75%.

Bronze Member
Username: Rohitkamahi

Post Number: 31
Thank you very much guys for sharing all your valuable experiences and thoughts.

Bronze Member
Username: Mkvl1490

Post Number: 30
i did a factory reset. and i dont know which echo is which. i have echo 3/ku, 1.2/ku, 7/ku, 8.10/ku, 3/ku

Bronze Member
Username: Bones714

Post Number: 48
go to blind scan, it'll show you what satellite your at. For instance, Echo 7 satellite 119.

Bronze Member

GTA

Post Number: 18
David, from what you say, I can concur...I get 90% for 110 and 75% for 119. Have thought of climbing on the roof to try and fine tune but am satisfied with what I have.

Silver Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 136
Your location will determine how easy or difficult it will be. I am up in Canada, and getting 110 and 119 on 1 dish was a huge problem.

I eventually used 2 dishes to save the effort.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us