The new bin for pansat 2500 fried my receiver

Username: Chechi

Post Number: 9
I just installed the new bin for pansat 2500a which is called "x-85bl_060927_279_db_api_n__173". When I connected my satellite line to continue configuring, my tv screen went fuzzy and my receiver went dead. I tried to turn it on/off several times but it seems to be finished. If anyone knows a way I can still salvage my receiver, I'd appreciate any help. And did anyone else have the same experience using this bin?
thanks,

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 123
Che G

Is you receiver a original 2500?? or it is a clone???

For the original ones u must use this one:

http://www.dsscentral*.net/files/uploads/Pansat2500-X-85BL_060927_279_db_api(N).zip

for the clones u need the one with a "T" after the 279.

try to get another bin from a different site, or from the one I write and download it again.

take out the * from the link........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
It is an original. But what can I do about my receiver ? It is not working.

Bronze Member
Username: Pjk

Post Number: 76
Try reloading the old bin. If it works, then, load the clone bin. If you can't even load the old bin, try J-Tagging (It's a process... And a pain in the azz)...

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
You will have to JTag the receiver

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I tried reloading the old bin three times but it didn't work--kept getting the message "Flash update fail...". I've never heard of J-Tagging, where could I read up on this?

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
Che G...

As pjk said....try to reload the old bin first, or go to Pansatusa and get the original bin, if that doesn't work then u will have to JTag...

If that's the case, here are the instructions...and god bless you.....
application/mswordUpload
PANSAT2500A Step By Step Jtag.doc (27.6 k)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
I thank you both for your help, but as far as the JTag is concerned, I don't think I can make it.
Thank you;
PS:
So my receiver is useless? What receiver should I buy ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
Try to find someone to JTag it for you, otherwise, there are a lot of receivers, the ones that have been with a fast solution everytime things go down are ViewSat guys, I'm happy with my Pansat 2700, it is up to you...Try to fix your 2500 first....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
Che G

When you attempted to reload the old bin did you close out the loader each time or did you just x out the error message and hit load again?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
pjk,

I xed out the error message and changed bins and the redownloaded, but I never closed the loader between tries.

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
Che G...

Does your receiver have any lights on???, can u see any activity on the front of the receiver???

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
I guess you need to close the loader, even, try restarting your PC before download the old bin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
If your box shows any sign of life (ie green horizontal bar on the dislay screen once plugged in and turned on), try reloading this time closing out the loader in between.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
No nothing.No sign of life.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
Sorry about that...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
thanks all the same, I'll try to find someone to j-tag it...Nikk & pjk, many thanks for your patience and help.

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 173
maybe try , hit download then turn on by rear switch
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us