Need Help Please with Pansat 2700A

Bronze Member
Username: Salam

Post Number: 21
Hi,

I am trying to update (flash) my Pansat 2700a with latest Bin (274). I keep getting "Flash Failed" error message. I did some research and I noticed using the right cable is major factor. Hence "I bought my RS232C cable from Radio Shack. It says on the box RS232C, but it does not indicate null modem or straight through. So I am not sure if this is the cause of the error. I bought two RS232C from two different vendors and still having the same problem. If you feel cable is the problem please tell me where to go to buy one. Also, I have outlined the steps I took to flash my receiver. Please take look and tell me if I am doing anything wrong? Thank you in advance

"Here is the steps I am taking:

1. Connect the serial cable to the receiver and Comm #1 or Comm #2 port of your computer.
Double check and make sure the cable is securely connected.

Note: Pansat 2700 & 3500 use RS232C null modem(serial)cable and Pansat 2500 use RS232C straight through serial cable --

2. Plug in the receiver power core, make sure the switch is turn to "ON " from the rear panel,
Then turn the power ON with remote control or from the front. You have to wait for receiver to boot up and
indicated ON.

3. Run the Down loader GTRom Loader from the new created folder.

4. Click the BIN FILE button, browser and select latest BIN FILE, then click the Open button.

5. Click the Download button, wait until the Download Completed.
Watch the LED on the receiver, it should reboot itself, wait until receiver displayed ON.

6. At this point; You are done with the software update. You can turn off power, then disconnect it from the PC.

Username: Lion_cing

Post Number: 1
I am trying to attach the new bin but it keep giving me error of exceeding bites.

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 460
it will say null modem on it

Username: Tvhunter

Hollywood, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
I have a skyview 600, I installed new bin, when finished i turned off from rear and then turned on. when turned on no LEDlite up, this is were am losted.
Thank you in advance
tvhunter

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Update:

I went out and bought 3rd cable this time the right one. I have successfully flashed my Pansat with new 274 Bin. I am still unable to view channels. Should I do anything else after flash is complete.

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 134
Salam...

The bin have the default keys that are not the last ones, you must go and enter the latest keys or let autoroll do its job....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Nikk...

When I go to parental control I see Ngv1 and Ngv2. Ngv1 has the old keys and I can locate Dishnet. Nav2 I see all KKKk in all the fields.
so I don't know what to do..

Bronze Member
Username: Sparky41701

Chavies, Ky Usa

Post Number: 29
Salem i basicaly had the same problem i had to do a factory restore,then load the 274 bin,then i used the channel editor to put the channels back in,and last i put the keys back in nag 2 mine works fine good luck to you

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Final Update,

OK, I got it to work and here how I did it. Flas your Pansat with right bin and cabel. After completion 1-set defult keys 2- Go to Ng2 and enter the keys as they are posted all over. Now you have TV

Good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us