No signal (sometimes)

Username: Appmountain2

Post Number: 2
On Echo 7 and 8 I get great signal and quality on most transponders. Some transponders only get around 50% singal and no quality - this means many channels will not work. This happens on both sats. Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks in advance!

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 441
Are u missing any channels?? I bet ur not.

Username: Raiderzfan

RIO RICO, AZ USA

Post Number: 2
I am also having the same problem on my VS, and I don't get most of the channels. There are even some channels with S and Q, but no image... Can't get any info on what's on neither.

Bronze Member
Username: Mickm

Post Number: 90
raider i'm just north of you,(tucson) i also have some tp's that don't always come in over 90%. if you will notice during the evening the signal gets better.try adjusting dish very small increments at a time.
sometimes to get a channel, use the back key on remote, tune to another channel and then back to the channel you want.
i have most of my problems with bev, not all vert. tp's come in during the day with any level over 50%

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4582
Colder air (night) receives weaker signals..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
eletronics loose tolerence at higher temps. i doubt lnb's are made with military standard resistors. remeber we are in southern az.

Username: Raiderzfan

RIO RICO, AZ USA

Post Number: 3
Thanks a lot Mick and LK, eventhough I did not start the thread, I really appreciate the info. I don't have a computer myself, so it's a guy I know that had a PSat that helped me with the VS. I might give him back the VS to program again, after I go on the roof to see if everyting is still ok up there. A couple weeks ago, I did not have this problem. Mick, don't like Stoops, but once a Wildcat, always a Wildcat.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
i hate all sports. grad from UofA,30 yrs ago, and never attended one game, of any kind.
but then again, is bar hopping a sport?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us