ELIPTICAL DISH: DN or BEV Possible????

Bronze Member
Username: Rohitkamahi

Post Number: 26
I have an Eliptical dish with 2 lnbs. Would it be possible to catch DN or BEV with that dish? I got it for free from a friend of mine and he was using the dish for Star Choice. Thanks a lot in advance.

Username: Bogus

TO

Post Number: 7
It is my understanding that it will not work.
You can find this info in the archives. I believe it was LK who did a very good job of explaining the difference between linear and circular LNB's
We need a circular for B3V and D1##net. St^^choice uses the linear.

Silver Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 124
Bogus, I could well be wrong, but we could be confusing the LNB with the dish.

The question is can you use an eliptical dish?

I would say yes, provided you have 2 things:
(1) Bogus is correct on the LNBs. You MUST have circular lnbs for DN & BEV KU band satellites

(2) The eliptical dish would need to be big enough: at least 18" but prefer 20". And then it still depends where you are in North America.

If the dish already has linear lnbs then it would be a pain to fix circular ones.

Dishes are dirt cheap second hand - even on fleabay. Try garage sales and newspaper ads too. Under $50 with dual lnbs.

Bronze Member
Username: Tvtech3

Post Number: 98
yes u can get bev 82 91 t-5@97 101 110 119 sats all at same time if u set the lnb,s correctly

Username: Christian_pirate

Heaven

Post Number: 2
I have a star choice eliptical dish with a circular lnb.I have duct tape holding it on.The only reason I use this is because I found it at the dump.Another day I found a circular lnb.The star choice LNB is no good for the channels you want.

Username: Bogus

TO

Post Number: 9
JRQ of course you are right. I was assumming when I should not. I assumed that Funky.. wanted to use an existing star choice setup elip[tical dish et al not knowing that there are major differences. testing.... testing....

Bronze Member
Username: Rohitkamahi

Post Number: 27
Thanks a lot guys for your feedback.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us