Viewsat PVR7000

Bronze Member
Username: Ganjaman

Post Number: 20
I have a Pansat 5000HC hard-drive receiver (very buggy). I'm thinking of buying the Viewsat PVR7000. Does anyone know if it works well?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Anyone?

Bronze Member
Username: S_dot

Philadelphia, PA United States

Post Number: 48
im a little worried with people saying dish is changing there map. viewsat has done well in the past with finding the fix first, but if dish does implement the new map and no fix can be found your out almost $400.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
True. But suppose I could transfer mp3 and mpeg files to the receiver via usb then all wouldn't be lost. I have all kinds of stuff on my PC.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
true, all wouldn't be lost but there are much cheaper ways to watch things from your computer on your tv

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
i'm also not sure if what your saying you could do is possible. im not familiar with the PVR7000.

Silver Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 577
mp3 and mpeg files in you PC have nothing to do with Map3B and Map 57 calls they are talking about for the BINs. These Maps are embedded software in legal receivers for security measures. Viewsat is a private receiver manufacturer for legally available C band viewing. Other people create a BIN that allows you to also watch normal TV as put out by DN. The people who modified the Viewsat BIN have been successful and others who made the same attempt with Pansat, Ariza, etc have not succeeded so far.
You will be investing $400 into something which may not work after a few days. Be careful.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4529
New bin released today for this Viewsat 7000 receiver...its at dsscommunity..

Username: Shadycove

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 5
nalin...you seem to be very knowledgeable about this stuff...i have been using a pansat 2500 fer a few years and it has been fine but now i'm thinking about a viewsat...which model would be good fer us,we don't do much taping or anything at all exept watch tv...winters cummin ya know....

Silver Member

Post Number: 581
Whatever receiver you buy, it is still a gamble.
The two established Viewsat models (Extreme and Platinum) are under $200. They are nearly equal in value and in price. Make sure you get the latest BIN put in, or have the expertise to upload the latest BIN. The receivers, as they are sold, do NOT ususally have the latest BIN. I don't know much about the PVR 7000, except that it costs $400 or more.
Before you make your final decision to actually change from Pansat 2500, I suggest you read this post as well:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/259083.html#POST871173

Silver Member

Post Number: 615
Already there are new BINs out today for all Pansats and Pansat clones.
You can get the files from total.com, futurefta.info, dssrookie.com. dsstester*com, and many other sites.
Viewsat files have been out for last two days or so.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us