Dishnet is switching from Map 3B to 4A/4B

Silver Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 291
I just thought i would let you all know that there is a new map entered in the stream Today.Dishnet is switching from Map 3B to 4A/4B.As of yet there is no positive idea on which of the 2 new maps they will be going to.Either 4A or 4B should be in affect by Friday so all FTA's solutions might be down by then.

Bronze Member
Username: S_dot

Philadelphia, PA United States

Post Number: 36
I'm still a relative newbie in the world of FTA, but I think it might be prudent to name some sources when you say something like this. With so many people bsing on this site it would be nice to check another site and see if its true or not.

Bronze Member
Username: Tvtech3

Post Number: 22
its true and just means that sometime this week, guessing friday that u will lose yur tv again till a new bin is made

Silver Member
Username: Smarcus76

Post Number: 228
smells like "bull" the last ecm just hit us 3 days ago.. we dont have more then 1 ecm the same week. and Charlie will probly have to open up the legs all over again for at least 2 weeks to implement the new map.

Silver Member
Username: Jurj1

Post Number: 196
Source?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
lol charlie can do alot more than u think.
he can do a diff map every day if he wants and switch back and forth tween them daily and make it a pain for u.
he can and will also set different keys for certain blocks of channels.
he can have a set of keys for the sports channels
he can have a set of keys for the po rn channels
he can have a set of keys for the hbos
he can have a set of keys for shotime
etc etc
and he can rotate them around daily to
If any of u have been in this hobby for decades as me and a couple others here uh mmmm
then u will remeber that there use to be 1 set of keys that would work for all channels and would work for months if not a year at a time.
But oh wait, what happened?, to many people watching pay channels so they started changing the keys every couple months
then every month
then every week
then different keys for each channel
then every day
then,,, people subbed

Silver Member
Username: Uncle_charlie

Post Number: 107
TDG/Veracity is about as good a source as there is.JMHO.

Hashhu is the place I will look to confirm this.

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 426
the keys ur talkin about were for the cband sat jack... I remember that. But those werent the same as this. DN has been changing KEYS alot lately, but thats where AUTOROLL comes in I think.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
yes dantetn
but im using that as an example as charlie can do the same thing.
as a matter of fact he has rotated the keys 3 times a day before and its easy for him to disable our autorolls if he feels

Bronze Member
Username: S_dot

Philadelphia, PA United States

Post Number: 41
and im switching from boxers to briefs

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 430
if it were EASY, why dont he do that? Would be a BIG pain in the azz for us. He knows this. He would do it I think... he hasnt yet.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
No one knows y but him.
But u know its nothing for him to disable autoroll
hell its nothing for him to do anything
many say he is behind alot of well,, nevermind
but consider it a sort of marketing scheme

Silver Member
Username: Uncle_charlie

Post Number: 108
Not saying it aint so.....but no word on hash or newbies on the new map.I went to dssguy and checked all his posts and then off to hash to check all posts by Veracity....No word on the original claim here just yet.

Im hoping the poster was mistaken...not calling him/her out.

I want this fix to last 2 weeks.Then perhaps only down 3 days and then back up for 2 weeks.Hey,would not that be great.

Silver Member
Username: Pannu16

Post Number: 138
So does that mean dishnet will be wide open for a week again??

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 101
think so

Bronze Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 37
you could learn something from NN

Silver Member
Username: Jojogun

Fairfield, CA United States

Post Number: 162
They can't switch now! BL is 99% complete with his latest fix. He'll have to restart.....just like last time. Damn..........

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4521
There are SEVERAL sites reporting this change in the stream now...its impact and how severe is still TBD..get use to it, DN is playing for keeps now...Peeps have cost them millions/billions of dollars already, nevermind the humiliation that goes with it, ever since N2 was hacked after their card swap last year..Again I will say, I suggest U all share a sub with family and friends, if U want continous uninterrupted TV...continue FTA testing, but don't be DEPENDENT on it as a sole source for family TV..the road ahead for FTA will be a BUMPY ride..

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 576
Bottom line is: subs have to get their revision so they don't go down. FTA bins must mimic the revision. There will be a time delay between the two events.

When autoroll sigantures get rewritten that will come down in a revision (whether they be major or minor). Same with maps for encryption. Etc... etc...

It's going to be a game of cat and mouse. Just more often than usual.

Then another card swap will come. And so the cycle begins again.

Silver Member
Username: Smarcus76

Post Number: 229
so whats our best bet now.. sell the pansat and buy a cooolsat with an 102 card reader?? is that the best way out now??

Silver Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 578
I would say that DN has probably lost the battle. The fact that Map 3B and Map 57 calls have been laid wide open, allows the myriad of other programmers to study the mind of the software writers who implemented the original security. Therefore the deciphering of Maps 4A 4B will not be as difficult or time consuming.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4532
Where do U get such ridiculous ideas, like this...amazing!...lmao...absolutely NO logic in that post!

Now they are "mind readers" too?...U must be drinking some "bad water"..and doing too many copy/pastes from some very strange sources..

Silver Member

Post Number: 578
Marcus, it "appears" that ALL of the ROM102 technology has been decifered. It doesn't matter, now, whether you have cardless or a ROM102 card - although, it's cheaper to go cardless.

Silver Member

Post Number: 580
Long before, many people could spell the word "computer", I was programming them.
I spent about 4 years in the hacking business, and 8 years in writing software using assembler. Because of my hacking expertise, I was project leader in two security related software pieces. That's how I can come with such statements. From EXPERIENCE, not from reading somebody else's opnion.

Silver Member

Post Number: 581
Nalin, I respect your experience in programming. But, I believe that VS has decoded ALL of the maproms. So, there's no need to have to guess/study the other map routines to get the complete map. I know where you're coming from, though. Before this last ECM, we weren't sure if VS has the entire map, but their quick turnaround may indicate that they have the entire rom102 routines.

Silver Member

Post Number: 583
Jason: I am not doing any "low level" programming any more. It is now a hobby. I am actually working on revising a 3000 page website written in pure html.
In the "cat and mouse" game, once a part of another progammer's coding has been broken, the rest is easy as VS have proved it.
I think, what has been laid bare open in the public domain, is only Map 3B and Map 57 code. So my understaing is that VS has it all, but that Map 4A and 4B are still not in the public domain.
Correct me if I am wrong. It will save me going to other websites to find out.

Username: Thoronto

Post Number: 3
This is funny, when we do not have TV, you guys keep predicting when will the new fix be out. When we have TV ( I for one, have a viewsat), you guys keep predicting when it will go down... which side are you guys on? (-:

Silver Member

Post Number: 584
Jason: My 10:31 Eastern time post was not meant to answer or criticise your post, but an attempt to explain to an earlier poster, why I made a statment about reading the minds of programmers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 582
Nalin, no worries - we're just discussing, not arguing. :-)

Your're correct about maps 4A and 4B not being in the public domain. I think what is happening is that coders are reverse-engineering VS bins (e.g. bins with 3B and 57 maproms). VS would be insane to (supposedly) spend $750,000 on get all of the maps and then just giving them away for other competitors to use.

Thoronto, I have a freaking huge crystal ball. It works well for me! lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 585
Thanks, Jason.
Well I hope, in fact, I am sure the Map 4A and 4B will be out in the public domain very soon and we will have 6-8 months of TV on all receivers.

Username: Thoronto

Post Number: 4
Jason, I don't have a Crystal Ball, but I have a vewsat extream wathing a few birds. It will do it for now (-: Crystal ball is only good when we are expecting a bin, otherwise, it is just bad news (((-:

Gold Member

Post Number: 4558
Jason...I never told U , but thought U should know that U are one of the very few members here who I totally respect and am impressed with your knowledge, level head, and attitude...and I give credit to those that deserve it here.

Silver Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 114
Nalin... help me understand something. You said, "we will have 6-8 months of TV on all receivers..."

What makes you feel that it will be that short? I'm working off the assumption that they would have to do a card swap before everything is lost, and a swap would take a little longer than a few months.

I'm always open to learn something new, so if you have some extra info, I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 584
Thanks, LK! I'm just trying to help people like how you and others helped me when I first started out here. I may know a lot about computers, but I'm still light years away from fully understanding DSS hardware like how you know. I'm still learning.

But I do have a lot of respect for you as well. Not only are you knowlegable, but you also know a lot of DSS history, from personal experience. We can all learn a lot from history as it does tend to repeat itself. And you tell it like it is. You may have lost your temper every so often, but so what - we're all human, and you've NEVER steered anyone in the wrong direction. Hats off to you!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us