Viewsat "searching signal" problem

Username: Ankrishn

Post Number: 1
Hi I have a SuperDish (110+119+121) and connected my VS Extreme with the latest bin, correct sat info file and opkey file. I am getting signal and picture for 10-15 mins and then get an error message "searching signal". Turning off the VS and turning it on, helps for maybe a few minutes and then the picture freezes again and the same error message - "searching signal". During the time this message is on, if I go to Antenna Setup - the signal strength for all 3 satellites is near 0 (though it comes for a few moments and then goes away).

Here are the settings I have

Echo 7 (119)
LNB Power: On
LNB Type: OCS-DP
LNB Freq.: 11250
22khz: Off
TP Freq.: 12239,
Search Option: All
DiSEqC 1.0: Port 1
Motor: Off
Legacy SW: None

Echo 6,8 (110)
LNB Freq.: 11250
TP Freq.: 12253
DiSEqC 1.0: Port 2

Echo 9 (121)
LNB Freq.: 10750
TP Freq.: 11720
DiSEqC 1.0: Port 3

Any help on how I can fix this "searching signal" problem.

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 190
my suggestion is set default and run a new sat scan on all 3 birds.

Silver Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 559
Anand: If you have a Superdish with DP34 switch, you must put a legacy (DN supplied) receiver on Port 1 and keep it ON. The Viewsat cannot give enough power to the switch and hence the problem. You may get by also by supplying a separate power to port 1.
I will try and find some more info in my archives and put another post for you in half hour or so.

Silver Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 560
For Anand Krishna:
Please note that the following information is obatained from other discussions and is posted here for your information, so you can come to a more informed conclusion.

My information is that your Superdish is good for two satellites, usually 110 and 119. The newer Plus dish is good for three. For the third satellite, the recommendation has been that you should use a separate dish and point to either 61.5 (echo 3 eastern regions) or 148 (western regions). I have the following information in my personal archives downloaded from somewhere.

http://www.microyal.com/dp-34a-instal-istrn.jpg

The DP34 gets its power from the receiver, which should be on for the switch to work. You might want to consider putting a separate power supply to DP34. You might also consider using a DP3437 dishpro adaptor, connect to one outlet of your DP34 and power it separately. Then connect your old receiver to it. You can also put a DP33 or similar amplifier from the DP34 outlet before connecting one or two receivers.

Silver Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 174
if you dont have a DN reciever that you could hook to port1 or cant find one cheap you could replace the dp34 with a dp44 switch it comes with its own power pack and also 4 lnb inputs instead of 3

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4454
In the archives,I have an old lengthy thread started by someone named "Sarge" about using DPP LNB's with DN and FTA receivers, and how to power the LNB..and many use a superdish without a DN receiver..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us