Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 561
now that most of us have tv lets do a poll:
Hughes or Penn

My money is on Hughes

Username: Franktodd

Post Number: 9
my money is on penn,but will i be able to watch it on my pansat?

Silver Member
Username: Minn_rock

Post Number: 306
Hughes all the way to the Bank...and Dave i don't think we can watch it on our PS..and that SUCK....

Bronze Member
Username: Ouchi_collashi

Post Number: 51
If i didn't know better i'd say the first fight was fixed. Penn couldn't beat Pulver then moves up a weight class fights no one in that weight class and gets a tittle shot right away. The bookies cleaned up on that fight. Hughes will destroy Penn as Penn doesn't belong in that weight class. No more money under the table for a throw. Hughes by a first round tap out.

Bronze Member
Username: Bhund

Post Number: 86
the moneys on hughes,a harder hitter

Username: Franktodd

Post Number: 10
hughes is going down like my pansat

Bronze Member
Username: Pjk

Post Number: 52
Hughes... Penn looks like he eats too many doughnuts...

Bronze Member
Username: S_dot

Philadelphia, PA United States

Post Number: 19
matt the bulldog hughes is going to run all over penn.. 1st round tko. the only thing thats going to save b.j. penns life is big john mcarthy.
an update of the action for those of you not able to see the fight.
1st fight - jens pulver lost by ko in .48 to joe lauzon
2nd fight - rashad evans ko'ed jason lambert in the second round

Bronze Member
Username: Perycles2005

Post Number: 22
Wait a minute...what you mean we all have tv now...I don't!!...is there a bin for Pansat 2500?...or sahre how is it you guys watching tv now...and I go for Hughes !!!...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
viewsat has a fix again and neosat is still up. .also c0olsat has a card fix again. pansat and most other recievers are still down. not sure about viewsat clones.
melvin guillard just knocked out Gabe Ruediger with a body punch. god i love this stuff.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
swick won a decison over loiouso

Bronze Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 76
starting right now penn looks good

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
matt hughes is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
WHO WON???????????COME ON..........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
matt hughes.. they stopped the fight.ground and pound

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
what happen??????a little detail plz....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
ok. the fight went to the third round. bj penn won the first two rounds and almost submitted him at the end of the second with this hybrid triange/armbar thing. he didnt have it in tight though and the bell rang. the third round started and bj was visibly tired. matt hughes tagged him a couple times while they were both on there feet. the fight went to the ground, hughes passed penns guard and got him in a crucifiction type move (he layed across penns chest, using his legs to secure one of penns arms and used his right arm to secure penss other arm.) He then used his free hand to hammer penn in the head before big john was forced to stop the fight. there was no way penn could get out of the position or block the blows. amazing fight I'm a huge matt hughes fan and i was worried in the second round but in the end Matt Hughes proved why he's the greatest 170 pound champ ever. Here's the next fight i want to see.. Matt Hughes VS Floyd Maweather Jr. in the octogon.

Silver Member

Post Number: 562
Penn dominated the first two rounds, but then gassed out on the third round where Hughes was able to mount Penn and trap both of his arms. Hughes pounded on Penn, who couldn't defend. The fight ended in referee stoppage.

I can't wait to see GSP fight Hughes.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
GSP is a great fighter but penns a much tougher match up for hughes and heres why. GSP is a better well rounded fighter than penn, but everyone knows matt hughes' bread and butter is ground and pound. GSP ground and takedown defense are absolutelty nothing compared to Penns. That guys a human slinky and matches up very well against hughes. if he was in better condition he couldve won that fight, but he wasnt, he didnt, and he got his face beat in.

Silver Member

Post Number: 566
I know that Hughes has a well-proven formula for winning, and awesome conditioning. But, GSP has an unpredictable fighting style. Someone will stop the Juggernaut!

Bronze Member
Username: Bhund

Post Number: 94
dammit louiso shouldnt have gone unfair decsion

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
louiso lost the first two rounds. mike swick is a great fighter but if he faces rich franklin he's going to get knocked out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 573
Pretty sure their will be a third match for Hughes and Penn. If Penn gets his conditioning to a much higher lever, I'm sure he'll beat Hughes. But, yeah I agree with you guys: Loisseau didn't do very well, and I don't think Swick is ready for Franklin. Franklin's striking is like Liddel's: always on target. Swick is has only speed and not too much accuracy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us