Facing NORTH ....

Bronze Member
Username: V_b_rell

Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 20
okay soo I live in Mississauga, Canada and I face North but I see a lot of ppl that face North have a sat and they have it in the corner of there balcony facing to the West... I was wondering if I could do that but hide it at the same time cause I am not supposed to have a satellite in My Condo

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 558
Anything you put between your dish and the sky will reduce your signal.

I have heard stories of people hiding their dish under a box contstructed of very thin wood, but I generally think that's b.s. Although, if you're in an area that has a strong signal you might want to give it a try as an experiment. Also, glass will reduce a signal and change the way you need to align you dish.

Bronze Member
Username: V_b_rell

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 21
but if I get a really big satellite (that catches a better signal) It will most likely catch it ... right ???

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 570
I don't recommend it. But you can try if you mind risking some extra $$$.

Bronze Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 90
Hey Vito
Why don,t you write a letter to the Board Association to get permission. Tell them that you would like to watch programing that cateres to your culture.You would install it on a TRIPOD
on your balcony or deck. If they still say NO just bring it out when it gets dark.By useing a Tripod you can put a 90 cm Dish & move it around till you receive the bird you are looking for.LOL

Silver Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 192
or you can move to the side of your condo facing south!

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4446
Heres some info for those of U living in US apartments , condo's etc and want a dish...well U can, they can't stop U!...this is right from the FCC regulations!...maybe Vito, U can use this somehow for the basis of reversal for your condo asociation to change their rules, even though U are in Canada..or maybe U have similiar laws that U and the condo association are UNAWARE of..

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

Silver Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 558
If you are a tenant, Ontario Tenants Protection Act says your landlord can't do that.
If you own the Condo, you are supposed to have "voted" for any permission or restriction. This would be a bit more difficult to couteract. Any restrictions placed within the law would have to be defended by the association on the basis that it is good for the majority of the owners of the condos.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us