They're working on it...

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 391
C/P from total
09/22/06 --> [From TotalFTA.com] Viewsat coders are again relentlesly working an a cardless solution. Those that claim that you can write these fixes in a few hrs. are having hallucinations or are on cheap drugs. Viewsat for fact has the 3B routine, and are endeavoring to finish the file. Having mapcalls is just the creation of a new pgm file. There is a good deal still required to be completed to execute it to a working file. This takes time and isn't a "during the night" venture. Code has to be written, tested and bugs worked out. It can typically take 2-7 days after knowing the mapcall and the channels begin dropping. Remember just because you have the mapcalls, you have no way to tell what to do with it till you have the stream using it. Even then things can come to pass that detour you and as such extend a final release. There will be NO official updates or timelines given as we know what happens when they are. Subscribe to the files area that pertains to the stb that you use and an email will be sent out as soon as a file is posted. The facts will speak for themselves soon enough!
A little hope for VS. Pansat still sucks the donkey d1ck!! Just like davidvanpedofile

Bronze Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 87
Well, I do hope that the VS guys get what they want.

I am, however, a little concerned that it's going the same way as the previous ECM. VS seemed to be almost done for weeks and weeks.

Let's not forget that when they released the previous fix they clearly said that any future ECMs would result in a very short downtime - like 1 or 2 days... now they say people who are expecting a short downtime (which is what VS originally claimed), are hallucinating.

Each person has their own opinion of what the next few weeks hold.

Bronze Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 74
yes view*at lied to sell receivers. They got sh*t. When euro sat was compromised the fix was out in 2 days, autoroll in 3. And no, it would not take days and days and days to re-write the code if they really had the map.

Bronze Member
Username: Big_fat_j

POTTSVILLE, STONEYTOWN GREEN-LAND

Post Number: 24
Why do you think they were so f'n cheap?
L'nMAO at the ppl that bought VS.You got 1,1 1/2 months?Time will tell but enjoy the locals like us PS owners.Even if they get it back like last time in 60 days,what a burn.You all get'n burned.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bronze Member
Username: Ouchi_collashi

Post Number: 48
The viewsat coders need to put on a fitness regime. It seems dish and bev are directly going to target the viewsat. The cool sat with the auxed card is bulletproof only leaving plastic in receivers to loop. Should the viewsat not get back working = no ecms for at least the next 3 months. Should the viewsat get back working very soon = endless ecms.

Bronze Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 88
Ouchi, you are right!

Maybe VS could be the sacrificial lamb. I know for sure that the plastic users will NOT be happy if VS gets another fix...

Although DN wants all hackers out of business, I would say they would be very happy if they only killed off the cardless FTAs.

Why? Because if only plastic is left standing, the prices will go through the roof. Plastic is complicated. It could mean that most FTA'ers wont be willing to spend so much money. And with unlocking cards comes the 10 to 20% ratio of looping. With time, the supply of open cards would shrink, driving prices even higher.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 553
Well said, JRQ. Card auxing is the way of the (near) future. At least until, a complete card change takes place. Hopefully this will hold for another year to a year-and-a-half.

Silver Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 452
thats the only sense you make Danturd. Copy and pasting is good for you because we wont see how stupid you really are.

Bronze Member
Username: Perycles2005

Post Number: 18
Hope some one give light to this situation and at least tell if there is going to be a fix or we should go buy plastic solutions and start learning about them and forget about FTA (I hope that is not the case) I rmember when Dave was up and start giving problems that we have to unlooped almost every day until it finally crashed...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us